Purebread, located in Function Junction, is seeking to hire a full-time Pastry Chef to join its growing team.
Applicants will be responsible for:
- Preparing a variety of speciality pastries, cakes and desserts
- Developing new recipes and improving upon existing ones
- Planning and co-ordinating menu offerings
- Supervising kitchen helpers in the preparation of pastry, cakes and desserts
- Providing instruction on correct methods to other kitchen staff
- Preparing purchasing orders for related pastry inputs
- Must have at least 3 years experience as a chef/sous-chef in a high-volume restaurant or speciality bakery setting, 6 months of which must have been in a dedicated pastry role.
- Completion of secondary school is required
- Applicant must be willing to commit to long-term and full-time employment
- Previous history of kitchen leadership
- Formal Culinary Training
- Red Seal Endorsement
Preference will be given to those already located in the Sea-to-Sky Corridor
This job is only open to Canadian residents, citizens and those legally authorized to work in Canada.
Please reply in confidence with your CV and cover letter outlining your experience and how you would contribute added-value to our rapidly-expanding team.