- Must have knowledge of running network wires across ceilings and inside walls.
- Must have proper use of networking installation tools.
- Communicates regularly with, technicians and the Project Manager.
- Working Knowledge of DSL installs would be an asset
- Accepts responsibility and ownership for assigned work
- Knowledge of termination of Network and Coax wires.
- Knowledge of testing and toning network and phone wires.
- Ability to approach all work assignments with great professionalism, exceptional customer service skills and a solid work ethic.
- Ability to take direction while under the supervision of a lead technician
- Ability to climb ladders, work at heights and in small spaces; cannot have fear of heights or claustrophobia.
- Ability to distinguish colour-coded wire, read blue prints, and work with tools
- Ability to perform duties with minimal supervision; may be required to work alone in some situations
- Willingness to learn and undertake new challenges and complete work within assigned time frames
- Proficient in English (written & verbal)
- Previous general labour work experience and knowledge of cabling technology are assets
- Previous experience along with WHIMIS and Fall arrest are preferred.
- This position typically operates at a customer’s site and/or other field locations
- Must have a valid G2 drivers license and personal transportation with the ability to commute to various customer sites
- Mix of indoor and outdoor work; customer locations including construction sites
- Climbing is required – step and extension ladders
- Work in small spaces will be required
- Frequent exposure to all types of weather conditions (e.g. snow, rain)
- Frequent heavy lifting may be required
** PLEASE EMAIL YOUR PAY EXPECTANCY WITH YOUR RESUME
Job Type: Full-time