Edible Canada is seeking a passionate, creative, quick learner to fill the Retail Supervisor position for our Granville Island onsite retail store.
Edible Canada is one of the fastest growing companies in Canada, focusing on sustainability and local Canadian made or grown product. In addition to offering a great team centered work environment, Edible promotes the opportunity for advancement within the company. As the Retail Supervisor for Edible Canada you will work with our Retail and Marketing Manager to create and promote the retail store in the direction that you think would be most effective. If you want to be a part of fun, energetic, and exciting organization then keep reading!
The Retail Supervisor will work closely with the Retail and Marketing Manager. This position is responsible for daily operations of the retail store. The Retail Supervisor is responsible for inventory management, some product ordering and all general sales. This position is also responsible to merchandise new products for the retail store shelves, process and ship online orders, and manage the Edible Gift Basket program. This position requires a very engaging personality and passion for local foods and cooking as daily selling to customers on the floor is a large part of this position.
- Passion for food and local, quality product
- Strong understanding of social media including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Personable, outgoing, and friendly
- Ability to take initiative and potentially lead or direct others at times
- Experience using Google programs, Gmail, and Apple products
- Experience working with Pages word processor for Mac
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and creative ability
- Previous retail or merchandising experience
- Knowledge of 3D Cart a strong asset
- Any Marketing experience a string asset
The Retail Supervisor is a full time, hourly position at $12 per hour. In addition to monetary remuneration this position is eligible to participate in company matched extended health benefits, educational reimbursement, industry event perks, 2 paid days off per year for volunteer or charity work, and staff discounts to participate in culinary experiences and tours as well as meal discounts in the bistro.
Application Deadline: Friday, January 30th
Include a brief story telling us about yourself and why you feel as though you would be a great for for this position and why you are passionate about local products, sustainability, or green initiatives.