Type: Permanent Full Time
Location: Brampton, ON
Salary: $40K - $50K (depends upon experience) + Benefits
Shift: Should be flexible working on shifts
- Verifies records on incoming and outgoing shipments and prepares items for shipment: Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify information against bills of lading, invoices, orders, Certificates of Analysis, and other records.
- Unpacks and examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages, and corresponds with QC and Purchasing/Planning to rectify damages and shortages
- Routes items to departments, including non-stock and sample materials.
- Enters Purchase Order receipts into Misys in a timely manner, ensuring complete accuracy.
- Prioritize inbound receipts to ensure timely supply of materials and to manage bottlenecks.
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies
- Liase with Customer Service, Production and Planning to ensure finished goods are released, picked and shipped per Customer requirements.
- Coordinates "short-code" inventory process.
- Coordinates labour requirements for Shipping/Receiving functions, including overtime and special projects (i.e. Annual Physical Inventory)
- Determines and arranges method of shipment, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates. Compiles and presents freight quotes as required.
- Maintains Shipping/Receiving policies and procedures to meet C-TPAT specifications and GMP requirements.
- Prepares customs documents for cross-border shipments, and works with Customs Broker to ensure efficient movement of goods.
- Directs warehouse operators in preparing outgoing and receiving incoming shipments.
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- May operate tier-lift truck or use hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping-and-receiving platform to storage or work area.
- Backup for Customer Service.
- Minimum 5 years experience in same capacity
- High School, or GED
- Hazardous Materials Training
- Training related to function (i.e. P.Log, CITT)
- Forklift certification
- C-TPAT and GMP knowledge an asset