We are growing! Pure energies a leading residential solar installation company based in Toronto. PURE energies was nominated for Green Builder of the Year in 2011 and was recently featured on the Rick Mercer Report with David Suzuki and Mike Holmes. We have developed a no-cost solar program that allows home owners the opportunity to install solar panels on their house at no cost to them, and use their roof to generate clean power for free.
You will work in a fast-paced, friendly open-concept work environment located downtown Toronto, 30 Duncan Street on the 7th floor and overlook the CN Tower. We are TTC accessible just steps away from Osgoode subway station. The nearest intersection is Duncan and Adelaide.
We have an amazing team of people working to save the planet with solar! We have regular company parties to celebrate our success as we achieve each milestone. We current have approximately 65 employees across all locations and growing! We offer career advancement and the tools for you to succeed in your position. We recently expanded into the US market with the acquisition of One Block off the Grid www.1bog.rog - the largest independent retailer of solar systems in the United States.
- Responsible for the accounting functions for the company
- Responsible for Canadian and US payroll in (Ceridian Power Pay)
- Responsible for currency exchange transactions, treasury and financial statements
- Project accounting of solar projects and all accounting operations for the company
- Working with all government authorities and others relevant to the role
- Preparing monthly reconciliations, quarterly and year- end financial statements.
- Preparing for corporate tax
- Budget management
- Software: ACCPAC , QuickBooks
- Update database on a daily basis
- Keep all documentation organize and easy accessible
- Other duties as assigned
- 3-5 years of professional accounting and project accounting experience. MUST have project cost accounting experience
- Chartered Accountant CA , CPA
- Min. 2 years Ceridian Payroll experience in Canada a MUST. Ceridian Payroll experience in the US a great asset.
- Experience in the construction, homebuilding, or solar industry
- Experience with collections
- Experience preparing both US and Canadian financials
- Treasury experience a great asset.
- Experience with multi-company financials, mergers and acquisitions an asset
- Budget management experience
- Multi-currency transactions
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Positive attitude, works well in a team, and is self-motivated
- Effective communication skills and professional presentation skills
- Success track record of working in a fast paced work environment
- Goal oriented and a passion to save the planet!