Purdys Chocolatier Employee Reviews

Great Company
General Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC19 January 2018
The job is unionized, so it's pretty hard to get in. If you do manage to get a full time job then you'll be pretty set for life. The people are all very nice and friendly and are always willing to help you. The job is very repetitive and tiring but it's great for someone with little to no post secondary experience or prospects to do anything else. Management knows every single one of the employees by name and treats them with great respect.
Pros
Ice Cream Day
Cons
Repetitive
Productive workspace where everyone communicates
Ecommerce Order Processor - Seasonal (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 January 2018
Work as a small team that we communicate among each other on updates on certain callers and taking orders, tracking orders and Customer service helpline and Emails.
Pros
paid weekends and includes lunch hrs and 30% employee discounts.
Cons
Internal site for orders can be hard and its a new system.
Good opportunity for the right fit
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 January 2018
Small to medium sized chocolate manufacturing and distribution operations Canada wide and looking to expand. There is a good opportunity for experienced managers to develop their skills to higher levels as the company is growing consistently.
Pros
Chocolate
Cons
Unionized production
managment
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ajax, ON22 December 2017
its a great place to work, but the management and organization is horrible
completely not organized, not enough hours, management is the worst at this location.
Pros
30% discountq
Cons
not enough hours.
lots of free chocolate
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  BC19 December 2017
Lots of cleaning of equipment and chocolate case, the work is very repetitive it all depends on the day of the week. When at work be all about chocolate and the customer experience. They do have a lot of leadership courses that they get you to take at HO (and a variety of others) Scheduling is fair but tough when first learning as the schedules are pretty set in stone and its harder to learn certain things when you are not scheduled to do it. You learn moving quickly and being very organized is your best friend
Pros
got 1 week holidays every 3 months, benefits where good
Cons
not the greatest training when you where in store, Christmas is like nothing you have ever experienced
Can be a fun work environment
Customer service (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 November 2017
Quality products that can be easy to sell make for an enjoyable work environment. A typical day at work consists of opening, closing, selling, stocking shelves etc. Learning new products is fun since you get to enjoy the chocolates themselves.
Pros
Flexible scheduling
Cons
Little room for advancement
Great place with a lot of people.
General Help (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC30 October 2017
I enjoyed this job. I got to meet a lot of people and work at many different stations of this job. Even though I was new, they gave me many opportunitys to work at different parts of the factory.
Pros
Free chocolate.
Cons
Standing for a long period of time.
Be the right fit
ASSISTANT MANAGER/ CHOCOLATE CONNOISSEUR (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC26 September 2017
Great work environment, fun atmosphere, and very close team. Great job perks (free chocolate), excellent training program, great opportunity for job advancement. Poor holiday hours and "luck of the draw" for management.
Pros
Health Benefits/ Good pay
Cons
poor middle management
Target bases, own cubicle
Call Centre Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chester st Vanvouver22 August 2017
Fun place to work with friendly people
Can pick shift times (allows for flexibility)
A daily dose of chocolate throughout the day
You will call in love with chocolate
Really good management, good atmosphere, slightly repetitive routines
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 July 2017
The management is extremely kind and lighthearted, yet appropriately strict when needed.
The atmosphere is great, fun, and feels like a second home. But sometimes the routines and jobs feel extremely repetitive and boring
Productive and fun workplace
Part Time Employee (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON25 June 2017
Purdys is a great company to work with and most locations have really great employees working there - I know I have amazing coworkers at my location! If it wasn't for them I wouldn't be able to put up with the manager. They are the reason I want to work there!
Average Retail Pay, Bad hours, and Very Informative Job.
Chocolate Connoisseur (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC14 June 2017
A typical day at work is selling and talking chocolate to customers, making sure the store looks poppin' and sometimes product making/prep. I learned a huge amount about chocolate and retail. The management was usual in a bad mood so that was annoying but I think its because head office had some tough demands without giving the proper tools. My fellow coworkers and the managers personally were great and work was usually fun. The hardest part was customers with rediculous expectations. The best part of the job was working with such a small group of coworkers that you really get to know each other and I think that helps a great amount in problem solving and working.
Pros
free chocolate, fun atmosphere
Cons
management a bit unreasonable sometimes, not enough hours to live on
Productive work environment
Chocolate Connoisseur (Former Employee) –  London, ON10 April 2017
Working for Purdys Chocolatier helped advance my knowledge in different cultures and in different products that are brought in for the chocolate. Purdys Chocolatier only uses the top quality ingredients to make their chocolate, and from this I got to learn what high quality ingredients were and what to look for when purchasing other chocolate. The environment of this job was extremely friendly and going to work everyday there was always something new to learn and to keep you busy.
Pros
Discount on chocolate
6 June 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We are glad you enjoyed our culture and work environment.

Fun Workplace
Cashier (Part-Time) (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 March 2017
Working at Purdy's was a great job.I enjoyed that job it was really fun. I get to taste new chocolates every day. I get to taste Ice Cream every day new flavors.
6 June 2017

Thank you for the review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed working at Purdys Chocolatier

Incredible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON9 March 2017
Working at Purdys not only taught me how to work effectively in a customer service environment but also showed me how important it is to be passionate about your work. The more you give to the job the more it gives back. You learn valuable skills here
6 June 2017

Thank you for your review. We are delighted to hear that you found our customer service training was beneficial for you.

Great people to work with.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  North York, ON19 February 2017
Customers are one the top priorities of Purdys, but their employees are also right up there. This work place is one of few who have listened to their employees all the way to the CEO. they are involved.
7 June 2017

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! Our fantastic employees are the main ingredient to Purdys success over the last 110 years.

It's was a great place to work and I learn lots and made good friends.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 January 2017
It was a great place to work it wasn't a jo were someone hovers over you every minute it was just awesome and fun. And the supervisors where nice never gave the workers any problems it was a do what your good at in the warehouse now when can you pick what you wanna do at work isn't that great and just fun?
Pros
Bring your own
Cons
0.5 hours
5 February 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience working at Purdys Chocolatier! We are happy to hear that it was a positive personal experience working in the warehouse where there was autonomy and flexibility in your role.

Love it
Seasonal Group Purchase Program Agent (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 December 2016
I am sad that I am working a seasonal gig. I love my manager and I learned a lot of things here! Like, we also get meals to celebrate good effort and recognition from the manager.
Pros
Cons
Short term seasonal gig
5 February 2018

We appreciate your feedback about your experience working at Purdys Chocolatier! We are happy to hear you enjoyed working with your manager and that your contributions to the company were recognized by management.

great
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB4 December 2016
It was very hectic but very fun. The coworkers were great and the management was great as well. A very fun work environment, i learned how to work quickly and juggle multiple responsibilities.
Productive and fun
Janitor (Current Employee) –  Victoria, BC29 October 2016
Great management they listen to everyone of us. There's respect on work place. You can feel security in life and having a good benefits for the whole family.
Pros
30% discount
Cons
Fixed 40hrs weekly
5 February 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience at Purdys Chocolatier! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our culture and work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Purdys Chocolatier. Our community is ready to answer.