Do you have a passion for working in the kitchen with candy and chocolate? Do you love working as part of an efficient team and being hands on? If so, Purdys is looking for a Temporary Kitchen Assistant for our Factory on Kingsway in Vancouver, BC!
The Kitchen Assistant takes care of all the groundwork necessary in order to enable the Candy Maker to devote their time and efforts in the cooking and production of candy. He/she is responsible for supporting the Candy Maker in changeovers, start ups, shut downs, and trouble shooting of all associated equipment and maintaining sufficient on hand quantities of materials in the work area.
This is a temporary (approx. 6 months) full time position and flexibility for any type of shift (day, afternoon, and graveyard) is a mandatory for this job.
Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintain stock on all raw materials (responsible for daily stock levels)
- Gather and prepare ingredients, set up tables and pickup finished product
- Produce centers according to the recipes and mix products in mixers
- Assist the Candy Maker with cutting products
- Grind oranges and cherries
- Perform equipment start up and shut down procedures and complete appropriate checklist documentation for various pieces of equipment
- Wash and clean the beaters and kettles
- Maintain area to a satisfactory level of cleanliness and sanitation
- Other duties as assigned
- Candy Maker Certification is an asset, but not required
- Ability to communicate effectively in spoken and written English
- Ability to perform jobs with high degree of accuracy and precision
- Ability to be quality oriented
- Ability to create neat, accurate, and legible reports
- Ability to enter data into a computer
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Ability to work independently or as a team player
Voted by its employees as one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada for a 5th time this year, Purdys prides itself as a company people want to be a part of. Each and every employee plays an integral role in the Purdys operation and is equally committed to creating a quality product.
How to Apply?
- Via our website, www.purdys.com
- Via this ad
- Drop your resume off at any Shop
Please have “Temporary Kitchen Assistant” in the Subject line of your application.
Purdys Chocolatier recognizes the value of skills and knowledge gained outside of formal education and paid employment. Applicants who present an equivalent combination of qualifications and experience will be considered and are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in Purdys Chocolatier, but due to the volume of applications received, we are only able to contact those applicants who have been selected for an interview. No phone calls please.