Are you looking to exercise your IT skills, knowledge, and background as part of an exciting team? Purdys Chocolatier is looking for a Help Desk Analyst to join our IT team at our Vancouver Head Office!
The Help Desk Analyst’s main goal is to provide support to internal clients in the areas of problem tracking, diagnosis, and troubleshooting of technical issues. This role also requires some POS related knowledge such as install, upgrade and support.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Technical Support Duties
- Providing technical phone support to end-users such as shop staff and office staff
- Following up and keep end-users informed on status of Service Requests.
- Installing, and configuring computer hardware and workstations.
- Building and maintaining images for desktop, laptops and POS terminals and document process.
- Performing preventative maintenance of computer hardware systems and software.
- Providing software help desk support as needed and occasional off-hour support according to off-hour support policy.
- Assist with keeping a record of IT assets and keeping track of IT hardware
- Assist Network and Systems personnel in upgrading and testing of desktop operating systems including application software upgrades by performing duties such as testing images, installing software and documenting results.
- Contribute in maintaining documentation for instructions, process and procedures.
- Assist with Backup tape rotation logs and functions.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience and relevant education.
- Previous POS experience – hardware and software is preferred but not necessary
- Experience with basic scripting.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong initiative and problem solving ability.
- Experience supporting Windows environment.
Here are just some of the sweet perks you enjoy as an employee:
- Educational Sponsorship
- Career Development
- Recognition Programs
- Computer Purchase Program
- Registered Retirement Savings Plan
- Product Discounts
- Employer-matched Charitable Donations
- Via our website, www.purdys.com
- Via email, through this ad
- Via fax, 604 301-4401
- Or drop your resume off directly at one of our shops!
Please have “Help Desk Analyst” in the Subject line of your application.
Purdys Chocolatier recognizes the value of skills and knowledge gained outside of formal education and paid employment. Applicants who present an equivalent combination of qualifications and experience will be considered and are encouraged to apply. We thank all applicants for their interest in Purdys Chocolatier, but due to the volume of applications received, we are only able to contact those applicants who have been selected for an interview. No phone calls please.
About Purdys Chocolatier: Since 1907, Purdys Chocolatier has been delighting chocolate lovers near and far with hand crafted, premium chocolates. Family-owned and operated since 1963, Purdy’s Chocolates are still made in its famous Vancouver factory kitchen using only the finest ingredients from around the world – chocolate from Belgium, ginger from Australia, cashews from India and dairy products delivered fresh daily from farms across Western Canada.
With a reputation for premium quality chocolates, a culture of innovation, creativity and customer service, Purdys Chocolatier is Western Canada’s largest and Canada’s second largest retailer of specialty chocolate.
Voted by its employees as one of the 50 Best Employers in Canada for a 5th time this year, Purdys prides itself as a company people want to be a part of. Each and every employee plays an integral role in the Purdys operation and is equally committed to creating a quality product.