Pulse Seismic is a market leader in the acquisition, marketing and licensing of 2D and 3D seismic data for the western Canadian energy sector. Seismic data is used by oil and natural gas exploration and development companies to identify portions of geological formations that have the potential to hold hydrocarbons. Publicly traded on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Pulse owns the second-largest licensable seismic data library in Canada.
We are seeking a qualified and competent individual for a full time Intermediate Accountant position working as part of a small accounting group, reporting to the Controller.
The responsibilities of this position will include assisting with account reconciliations, the preparation of working papers and financial statements, involvement in the quarterly reporting process, internal control documentation updates and testing, financial modeling and other related duties as required.
- Candidates should have a university degree with an Accounting Designation or be working towards one.
- Minimum of 2-3 years accounting experience.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required along with the ability to work independently in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of IFRS
- Knowledge of Great Plains accounting software would be an asset
- Team Player
Interested applicants seeking this position in a professional and employee friendly work environment are invited to submit their resume and cover letter via email or fax (403) 531-0688 Attention Sabrina Brock in the Human Resources department.
Application Deadline is Tuesday September 2nd, 2014.
We thank you for your interest, however only those candidates under consideration will be contacted. No Phone calls Please.