A downtown Vancouver based producing mining company is looking to recruit a technically oriented qualified accountant with hands-on experience with a producing mining company to fill the role of Assistant Controller.
A driven and strong-minded candidate with experience in multicurrency, multiple location environments, you will be hands-on in preparing complex consolidation, consolidated financial statements including notes, full cycle accounting, analysis and reconciliations for numerous entities, review of financial reporting packages from subsidiaries, ad hoc analysis and reporting, and special projects.
Strong knowledge of IFRS as it pertains to the mining industry is required along with the ability to work under tight and competing reporting deadlines. You are hardworking, detailed oriented with strong communication and interpersonal skills, a strong sense of personal ownership and accountability, and a willingness to initiate conversations with business units.
As the company continues its growth, you will have the opportunity to get involved in projects provided by the Controller. There will be no limit to what you can learn and you will be well positioned to grow your career in the mining industry.
The company is a fast paced, deadline driven, dynamic environments where hard work and a great attitude are rewarded.
- Professional accounting designation (CGA/CMA/CA)
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in a publicly listed producing mining company with a complex corporate and consolidation structure
- Experience working in a multi-currency, multi-jurisdictional publicly listed company environment
- Strong understanding of current accounting standards (IFRS), changes, and applications pertaining to the mining industry
- A high degree of critical thinking, analytical, problem solving, and computation skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment and to be flexible and adaptable in order to respond effectively and efficiently to various situations as they arise
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with a willingness to initiate conversations with business units
- Ability to work independently, prioritize, and manage a demanding workload
- Strong computer skills and proficient using MS Office, including Excel (including the use of pivot tables) and Word
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please submit your resume, cover letter to the email address listed below. We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.