Public Storage

Public Storage Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Waking up early getting done early
Property Manager- Las Vegas, Navada (Current Employee), las vegas nvApril 17, 2015
Im a very hard worker and a fast learning person . I mostly learn from on-hand training better then computer training i get along with everybody . I also love being around people most of the time
Public Storage
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 6, 2015
Pros: Experience
Cons: work days
Learned a lot but wasn't happy with the schedule. You would always get the same days off. Enjoyed the auctions and enjoyed the fact that I was always home at the same time every night for my kids.
The Job
Manager (Current Employee), Salt Lake City,utahMarch 28, 2015
the customer yelling at you is the hardest part of the day when it is their mess. My co worker were fun and helpful,meet alot different people and problems
Temp position
Temp/Seasonal (Former Employee), Gilbert, AZMarch 27, 2015
This was a temporary position, the people were great the organization it self needed better structure. To many mistakes as a company.
Interesting work
Property Manager (Former Employee), Littleton, COMarch 27, 2015
Great freedom that allowed you the ability to take responsibility for your property. Reached out to potential customers and wrote up contracts while also managing payments and delinquency.
Everyone for themselves
Property Manager (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 26, 2015
Pros: customers
Cons: Managment, benefits, incentives, bonuses, fratinizing
Working here was ok. I learned many things from this company selling was the most. The management sucks! Coworkers gossip a lot. Worrying about your job was the hardest part here. Being able to help customers with their needs was the best part of working here.
this company is horrible only good thing about this job are the hours
relief manager (Current Employee), californiaMarch 24, 2015
Pros: hours
Cons: must work every weekend and holiday except for thannksgiving and christmas no holiday pay
I have worked for this company for a lil less than a year and I wish I would have read the reviews before I accepted the job offer they force you to sell there insurance, lock and merchandise (did mention there lock is 18.99 and u can get the exact one at any home improvement store for like 10 dollars) which isn't bad but to have to lie to the customer and tell them its a requirement when it really isn't is just shady the district I work in is like junior high full of bullying and immature people there are clearly "clicks" the DM:S are a joke and lets not get started on the scripts there is a script for everything you sound like a broken robot and if your not a property manager than be prepared to be treated like complete garbage in my short time being with the company 5 people have already quit due to the way this company treats its employees if there wasn't favoritism and actual management that knew what they weredoing this job would be great
Productive but still enjoyable
Releif Manager (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCMarch 18, 2015
Pros: manager always gave sales rewards and incentives
Cons: communication between management and staff
The hardest part of work were the the bugs, cleaning the storage facility could become dreadful if you have a 10x30 that moves out but doesn't clean out anything and you're on your own.
Good job if you have no life or dont care about your weekends
Property Manager (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 5, 2015
Pros: you get a paycheck
Cons: the hours are long, no good pay, no weekends ever
This company is not for anyone who has a life outside of this job. No room for advancement. You will work 5 days a week but you work every single weekend. You can have days off when they do not have a black out dates and no weekends. You DO get in trouble for faults they have with their company and rules. You will work in ALL weather. there could be 6 feet of snow outside and they will still have you come in there to work no matter what/ literally. This is not an inside job you will be doing alot of moving trash that people dont want. The DM's play favoritism and they do not care about you as a person. You brake you arm your fired they do not care.

This is a job just like Mcdonald's except you get paid less.
fun work enviorment
Property Manager (Former Employee), Lynn, MAMarch 3, 2015
I worked here after school and on the weekends. The other employees were very nice and the customers were absolutely amazing.
Great opportunity to grow your management style
DISTRICT MANAGER (Current Employee), Louisville, KYMarch 3, 2015
Pros: the compensation, work / life balance
Cons: direct management leads with threats of termination
Great opportunity to learn a new way to manage, lots of coaching, training, and one on one time with employees. Great work / life balance, with a fair opportunity for advancement and competition. You never have to worry about running out of things to do, which is fantastic, and the work day goes by quickly.
Good place to work if you recently graduated highschool
Manager (Current Employee), Milwaukee, WIMarch 2, 2015
Pros: exellent medical benefits, good hours
Cons: sometimes unprofessional environment
Often worked alone.
Learned how to deal with customers better.
Management was often unreliable.
Co-workers were amazing.
Hardest part of the job is being thrown into bad situations.
Most enjoyable part of the job is the people that I have met.
Decent place to work but no opportunities for advancement
Property Manager/Office Manager (Current Employee), Tempe, AZFebruary 24, 2015
Public Storage is okay to work at. If you are good at sales tactics then this would be a good job for you however there are ZERO opportunities for advancement. Public Storage does not hire from within. The best you can get to is the district trainer but there is only one per district so the chances of becoming a trainer are very slim. As my own district manager told me, this job is not something you stay in long-term. They really don't expect you to stick around more than a year and not many people do.

You never get to make any decisions whatsoever. Your title may be Property Manager but you can't so much as rearrange the stuff on the counter or the higher-ups will give you a talking to.

You also are required to follow standardized scripts when making calls and dealing with customers in person.

The best part of this job that is most days you get to work alone and nobody looking over your shoulder.

The worst part of this job is that customers will walk all over you and treat you like you are scum. So be prepared to be hated even though you have done nothing wrong.
Great Job but...
Property/Relief Manager (Current Employee), Old Bridge, NJFebruary 21, 2015
Great job but there is no room for advancement. The company doesn't promote to higher levels within the company. Other than this, it's a great job.
Easy job with complicated sales goals
Relief Manager (Former Employee), Concord, CAFebruary 19, 2015
The job itself is not complicated but the goals you have to meet can be more than challenging as they are set extremely high. Most customers are friendly depending on the area you work in but otherwise can be difficult or even abusive. Not a great deal of management support but the team you work with are usually helpful. Lots of physical work cleaning and maintaining units and lots of demands for sales numbers. Most of the time it is not complicated but occasionally problems arise that you will get little upper management support dealing with. If you are capable of handling crises on your own you will flourish in this job.
Out of state workplace from Corporate office located in Glendale,CA
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 12, 2015
Cons: understaffed in work force management department and human resources.
Managed 14-17 agents on a team including attendance, adherence, 4 QA reports monthly, On going sales and customer service training behaviors and skills. Create positive work atmosphere on a daily basis.
Run As Fast As You Can
Property Manager (Current Employee), Los AngelesFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: no late nights
Cons: mind numbing work, no job advancement beyond property manager
Given the relatively low pay, the job description seems reasonable. At hiring, we are required to have a vehicle and car insurance, but this changes into having a personal cell phone. Management feels entitled to call and text you at any time regarding work. I was once even asked to use my cell phone for company business when our telephones were not working.

If I had to do this again - I would not.
Just renting storage
Property Manager (Current Employee), East Hanover, NJFebruary 8, 2015
Pros: great work hours
Cons: under paid
Public Storage is a company that is all business for the customers but does not give the employees the benefit of their work like always the customers are always right.
Productive and Fun at the workplace
Relief Manager (Current Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 4, 2015
Cons: no microwave or fridge, unable to bring home lunches
We do the same thing every day so its really simple once you learn everything during training. Follow the scripts and you will succeed
best job ever
Relief Manager (Current Employee), Indianapolis, INFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: the highest salary
Cons: nothing that i can think of...
I love every day at Public Storage. Thank you for the opportunity to reach out to the public who wants to store their goods at a great price!

1 2 3 4 5

About Public Storage

Since the beginning, Public Storage has been and remains the self storage industry experts. Our founders, Wayne Hughes and Ken – Read more