Public Storage

Public Storage Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
excellent place to learn about management
Manager (Current Employee), Suitland, MDJanuary 27, 2015
your days are pretty much the same making delinquecy calls, making sure the property is clean and rent/visit ready, you must be able to multi task and finish task within a set time frame. By being Key training professional had to opportunity to train 14 plus employees to prepare the for the field in storage through vidoes and handson training
Working with the public is what made this an interesting job
Relief Manager (Former Employee), Wheeling IlJanuary 23, 2015
I rented storage space for this company-nothing more to review on it.
Busy company that is experiencing the growing pains that comes along with that growth
Construction Manager (Former Employee), Mount Laurel, NJJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: experience, financial stability, pay/benefits
Cons: amount of travel, turnover, workload, stress, negative culture
PS is the largest self storage company in the world with over 2200 facilities within the US alone. I worked as a construction manager for almost 7 years managing over new construction, renovations and acquisitions for much of the Northeast and Mid Atlantic, While the company is financially in good standing and growing, there was an increasing imbalance between work and personal, The amount of projects, the time required to manage and travel, the turnover in the company created a very difficult working environment.
I love my job
Property Manager (Current Employee), saint louisJanuary 19, 2015
I enjoy meeting new tnt's and helping customers as best as i possible can. I enjoy helping tnt find the perfect storage space that fits all of there items
Good management Experience
Relief Manager (Former Employee), Broadview, ILJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: fresh air daily
Cons: heavy work load for little pay
there is alot that you can learn at this job, you ll get plenty of work experience, they will provide housing if availible, you will get alot of face to face interaction with customers, and also will gain alot o customer service experience
fun workplace, gaining skills in office setting, striving to be the best location
Sales Associate/ Store Manager (Former Employee), Roswell, GAJanuary 18, 2015
Pros: always learning new skills in the office setting that are valuable for many jobs
Cons: having to drive to any of the eleven locations
Full time job, Open store which included morning reports of all sales, reservations and others to calculate if the store was over or under sales. Working with Microsoft Office and Excel. Daily emails with other stores to discuss any topics that needed to be discussed. Daily phone calls to customers reminding them of when their payment was due and the delinquent leases. Taking training courses everyday. Checking every unit and cleaning out old ones. Monthly auctions. Amazing coworkers and management. Consulting with new customers about which unit would work best for their storage. Documenting and reporting new and existing leases. Hardest part of the job was handling customers that were very anger about losing their belongings due to no payment.
Very serious sales & Service based company
Property Manager/ K.T.P. (Former Employee), Los Angeles CaliforniaJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: paid time off & bennifits
Cons: you do all the cleaning, maintenance, no security & break-ins
A typical day at work is using 10 sales & service scripts for customer Payments, Reservations, walk-ins, Rental Agreements, Insurance, Locks, Vacates, Merchandise, Welcome Wednesday & L.A.S.T. I learned that the customers are what make the business thrive. Sales get the customers & great customer service keeps the customers. Management is under constant pressure to make sales goals. A constant competition for rankings and to be on top month to month. Nothing was hard about the job. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting, knowing, helping & keeping hundreds of great customers satisfied daily with excellent customer service
Ehh
Relief Manager (Current Employee), Vancouver, WAJanuary 14, 2015
Pros: only pro to this job was that i get to add management to my resume
Cons: bad pay, days off suck, work all by yourself, rain or shine
You are expected to do so much and meet ridiculous sales quotas without any motivation. Pays barely over minimum wage and this job is a lot more demanding than min. wage. My days off were Tuesdays and Wednesdays, never the weekend. You do not get to work with coworkers, you are always by yourself and constantly have to deal with threatening angry customers.
Great job to show i needed minimal supervision
Relief Manager (Former Employee), castro valley caJanuary 11, 2015
made sure that the customers renting the units at my facility were all safe and that no one could break in and steal their items. also made bank drops from previous days on account of what was sold. sold merchandise to the customers such as boxes tape etc. managed the whole property by myself. i liked that due to the fact that i had minimal supervision.
Lies, many lies
Property Manager (Former Employee), IllinoisJanuary 9, 2015
Pros: apartment
Cons: upper management
I don't agree with their business practices at all. Making us lie to bring in more money is wrong and it's still being done. Storage insurance is a scam. They own the company in which it's being forced down customers throats even when the customers renters/home/car insurance covers their goods. Maybe 25% actually would need it but shouldn't be forced.
Then they say our bonuses aren't based off scamming insurance yet they never could provide proof as it was always listed.
solitary Workplace
Property Manager (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: not micromanaged
Cons: slow work environment
As a property manager with my own property to maintain,a typical day at work includes paperwork, courtesy calls, cleaning and management of building, executing many leases, viewing and showing spaces to new customers. Confirming appointments. Working here i've learned the goal of urgency, the importance of a company's numbers and statistics, and how to sell. I have very few co-workers, only two. Both are extremely professional and I am their supervisor, so the manager of the property, I delegate tasks amongst all three of us. The hardest part of my job is doing auctions every month for delinquent customers. The most enjoyable part is that it is a professional but also laid back environment and I am allotted the trust to run my property as I see fit.
Responsable Work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Fort LauderdaleJanuary 4, 2015
I was responsible for overseeing the rental of the storage spaces.
Dead End Joob
Property Manger (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJanuary 4, 2015
First job I have had where there was no job advancement. Once a property manager always a property manager. The pay is horrible you get no bonuses or raises. Wasted a year of my life at this job.
For such a large company it's not very good to work for.
Relief Manager (Current Employee), Miami, FLDecember 29, 2014
Pros: 9:30-6 work schedules, benefits, pto starting from day 1
Cons: short lunch breaks, large work load little pay, no job advancement
Every day we deal with several different people. Most are good calm customers but every single day there is a few who are verbally abusive. As employees we have to put up with that and take the abuse. They say it's equal opportunity but the fact of the matter is I don't believe it is. When your car breathes it's last breath you have to run to get a new one but management has no consideration for your other living expenses. It basically comes down to either you get a car and lose your home or keep your home and lose your job. However, there are other people who are employed that get to live on property with the property manager and own no vehicle. They have been like that for over 5 years and not one word is said to them about not owning a vehicle. The healthcare options offered with the company are ok but you get paid so low for what you have to do and put up with that it is a hit to your wallet. The best part of the job is the people you work closely with. Those who go through the struggle with you and always stand behind you.
Fast pasts
Customer Service Associate/ Call Center (Current Employee), San Leandro, CADecember 25, 2014
Helping customer and dealing with collection calls. Working with public storage was good because it gave me stronger customer service skills.
OK for entry level
Grade A Property Manager and District KTP (Former Employee), Woburn, MADecember 16, 2014
Pros: quiet days
Cons: understaffed
This job holds many duties like customer service in the sales office, cleaning of the property, and sales and business practices through role plays. The hardest part of the job can be the highly escalated customer service issues you will encounter in this business.
Worst job I've ever had.
Relief Manager (Former Employee), boston,maDecember 13, 2014
Pros: you're alone sometimes
Cons: horrible pay, bad hours, treated horribly.
This was a horrible company to work for. You get verbally abused by customers, your manager wants you to call delinquent customers every day, yes every day. Ridiculous. The management staff is highly unprofessional and they think they can push around their reliefs. Very odd hours and they expect you to come to work in a blizzard. Awesome. Biggest mistake was ever working there.
Fast pace, goal oriented, self motivating work place.
Property Manager (Current Employee), Fishers, INDecember 10, 2014
Pros: the time spent outside. meeting new people.
Cons: there is no advancement.
Managing over 300 accounts for tenants renting real estate. Keeping delinquency down by keeping in touch with tenants to work out payment arrangements. Selling products. Maintaining property to be sure property is clean as well as overseeing everything is in working order.
Managing office files, delinquency, and most of all revenue. Inventory of merchandise. Taking incoming calls from tenants as well as other properties.
I enjoy every part of my job because it is fast pace but the most enjoyable part is being responsible for my tenants in every aspect of the business. I enjoy the tracking of information then using my skills to see my property produce a profit.
Big Box store, poor management, revolving door of employees
Property Manager (Former Employee), Naperville, ILDecember 10, 2014
Pros: onsite housing
Cons: minimum wage, non payment of bonuses, difficult work enviroment
I chose to come to work at Public Storage after several life changes caused me to try a new career. I found that even though I didn't go looking for storage management as a career that I was very good at it. Managing the cleanliness of the office, grounds and storage was a real pleasure for me. Sales with the customers came easy to me and I was able to retain customers based solely on my customer service. The office was run very accurately and I even received perfect audit scores and excellence awards with my time there. I was trainer for new employees and a constant contact for all employees to help with day to day operations. I was in charge of tracking all new call potentials for sales and accuracy. I enjoyed the co-workers while they lasted but most didnt' stay long. Public Storage paid very poorly and expected more than 40 hours of work from managers with out compensation. The upper management was often rude and difficult to deal with. Even the upper management was constantly revolving and most didn't last long. In the end I couldn't afford to stay working for the little pay and found more enjoyable work with another similar company.
meeting new people
Property Manager (Former Employee), Newport News, VADecember 9, 2014
Pros: helping people
I would open my office by counting money . going outside and tidy up my property. I would get my golf cart out and do a detailed property check insure my customers spaces are locked secure or to see if I had any vacancies. then I would go to the bank. during the day ,it was always different. Renting spaces, making collection calls, and generally helping customers with any issues.I learned to listen to peoples problems and have answers to make their move smooth and easy as possible. I worked with some of the nicest people. we all worked at different properties but at any time you need a question answered they were a call away. the only hard part may have been trying to take care of all customers when it became very busy and giving each customer your 100% .The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and the feeling that I helped them in a time of stress and need. it was very fullfilling

1 2 3 4 5

About Public Storage

Since the beginning, Public Storage has been and remains the self storage industry experts. Our founders, Wayne Hughes and Ken – Read more