Public Health Agency of Canada Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Great team and helpful.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Halifax, NSOctober 16, 2013
I got hired at the Public Health Agency of Canada from a work training of the University and after 2 months they extended my contract and worked for a few months more.
The team I worked with was excellent.
My day would start from 8am until 4pm. I would answer calls, book meeting, book flights,hotel,car rentals that was necessary.
I would do some research – more... for my supervisor, print/fax documents.
Joining meeting to write minutes and type them afterwards to give copies to the staff.
The hardest thing would be working with the contracts, because I did a few of them but I wished I learned more from them because they were interesting. they had to be approved by a few people and making sure there was no mistake in spelling.

I enjoyed working with my team, they were friendly and very professional.

I enjoyed working from my desk and seeing a very nice view of Halifax too, it makes you very motivated to work for your day and feeling very confident and a good start of the day.

I really enjoyed working there and would love to be able to work there again one day.
they open me a new door to something I really like to do and that's working with the public services and in health for Canadians – less
It was my dream place to work. I love to do research and that was the opportunity I got at PHAC. It was an experience relavent to my education and exp
Data Analyst (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONSeptember 11, 2013
I would like to join PHAC anytime. It was an experience which I am waiting to get another time. The typical day was getting briefing from your supervisor about the days work to be completed.
I loved the researched experience I did as a data analyst. The colleagues were extremely respectful and friendly. No tough experience I received on the job at PHAC.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioApril 19, 2013
Pros: contract position
Cons: agency contract
Was not the best department with their employees. The management needed more work.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Ottawa, OntarioApril 19, 2013
Pros: contract position
Cons: agency contract
It was a position through an agency. I did not find this department to be as great. I found the management needed more training to deal with their employees.
good place
Division Clerk (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONMarch 21, 2013
Pros: good people
Cons: far offices
Good people and nice managers. easy advancement and great benefits
Excellent place to work with great people and work and life balance.
Software Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee), Ottawa, ONJanuary 6, 2013
Pros: work and life balance; excellent people; great place to work;
Cons: due to the budget cuts the jobs for terms, contractors, and students were first eliminated before any unionized employees were laid off
This was an excellent place for me to work and I worked here over a three year time period. The people were great and I learnt a lot. However, due to the Federal government budget cuts, jobs for terms, contractors, and students were negatively impacted and the lay-off negatively impacted the positions of the terms employees, contractors, and students – more... first, before any unionized employees were touched. – less
Government Agency where people are kind and welcoming
Administrative Clerk (CR-04) (Current Employee), Ottawa ONAugust 10, 2012
high paced, professional environment. I obtained many of my administration skills while here.
Productive place to work, generally well managed and organized.
Project Officer (Current Employee), Ottawa, ONJuly 10, 2012
Generally a pleasant place to work, with a good structure and ideas on moving forward. However, like many federal agencies, progress is hindered by "red tape" which can get frustrating from a project stand point.
Proactive place for learn lot
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Oween street Toronto,OntarioJune 26, 2012
Pros: events
Cons: no
Print,prepare documentation for meetings and events,calendar schedyaling,prepare travel claims,provide back up for a jobs as needed by regional Manager.