PTI Group Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good people, small weight room, small rooms long hitches but good pay.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABJune 26, 2015
Pros: Free room and food
Cons: hitches too long, no time to enjoy personal life.
Fast paced, learned a lot about kitchen work, management not very helpful, some co-workers good, some bad, hard physical labour putting away groceries. Laughs were the best part.
Intense Working Environment
Customer Service and Wordpress Blogger (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABMay 26, 2015
Pros: Well Paid, Hours to Work, Good Benefits, Fed During Work, Community, Working With People from All Over Canada
Cons: Long Hours on Your Feet, High-Stress Environment
Working 10-12 hour days, 21 days in a row with 7 days off. In a very remote area 45 minutes away from the city, a shuttle bus would go into town twice a day. The camp provided accommodation to those working on Oil Sand sites. I would work both in the Tim Hortons coffee shop that PTI owned within the camp, or Housekeeping. The Tim Hortons served those working in Oil Sand sites in the area, and thousands would stand in a very long line-up to get food and drink each day. The Tim Hortons was short staffed but well organized. Staff were incredibly hard working individuals who even in the most stressful of times, managed to greet customers warmly and provide services quickly. Staff became friends and family in such a close-knit environment. Although well paid, it was expensive to leave the camp (and charged to stay on days off), providing a low life-work balance.
great People to work with
Housing Retail worker (Former Employee), Fort Mc Murray AlbertaFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: away from home
Challenging work environment,Enjoyed team work.
Great company to work for.
Reliable in providing training
Management very helpful in problem solving
productive place to work
Senior Executive Chef (Former Employee), EdmontonDecember 12, 2014
Pros: great mgmt
Cons: remote location
great forward thinking company
great co workers
understanding mangers
Productive, fun environment and pleasant people to work with
Recruitment Advisor, Civeo (Current Employee), AlbertaJuly 31, 2014
Productive, fun environment and pleasant people to work with
am very hardworking and enjoy working in a group
Housekeeper (Former Employee), edmontonJuly 21, 2014
cleaning dorm,washrooms and shower
cleaning floors by sweeping,mopping and vacuuming
overall experience very good
Dining room attendant (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJuly 15, 2014
Pros: free room and board, lunches, travel
very friendly and fun people to work with
efficient, reliable
Good area too work
PTI Camp Services as Camp Manager (Former Employee), Northern BCApril 12, 2014
Pros: working with the customers daily
Cons: hours were long but very acceptable
I enjoyed the work as I was able too work directly with the contractors as well as your company at the Geetla Lodge Camp.
Working in a remote area
1st cook/ camp manager (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABJanuary 11, 2014
Pros: working solely on your own.
Cons: remote area jobs can be lonely.
A typical started about 4:30 am and ended about 8:00 at night. Long shift, and had a 2nd cook and staff.
The hardest part of the job was three meals for 200 man camp. Keeping up the demands of the clients, and getting two different lunches out to the Rigs,being transported on the Rig truck.
My co-workers had to work in sync with me. at all times.
Management would only visit me twice a month, I worked solely also did the office work.
Great opportunity, short term.
Supervisor Field Services (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 21, 2013
Isolated environment.
Self contained camp.
Military presence.
Olympic experience.
good summer job with great people and amenities
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABNovember 12, 2013
Pros: free accommodations, meals, and fitness equipment
Cons: were sacrificing family life while out there
we worked between 8 and 12 hour shifts (mostly all 8 in second summer) for 21 days on and then 7 off. You were in a secluded location (2 hours north of Fort Mcmurrary), so adapting to the environment was a must. I learned to be away from my family and respect days of. I also learned to work alone and according to a quota. Management was awesome, co-workers became family.
The hardest yet most enjoyable parts were working alone (or in small groups) and meeting/surpassing the expectations of some of the personnel I dealt with.
Good wages, good people, Hard to be isolated for 21 days
Housing Retail Worker (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 3, 2013
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: working out of province, had to pay for flights home
I loved this job, I just wish I got to go home at night. Being away from all your loved ones for 21 days can only be tolerated for so long.
Upper Management Sucked
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABSeptember 29, 2013
Pros: nice rooms
Cons: a little dick who was a boss and had no clue what he was doing
I worked for PTI from 2 1/2 years and was treated like a no body from my Manager! I was the maintenance manager for 4 lodges for them and I had a great working relationship with my maintenance crew and the lodge managers, but the little guy I had for a manager made it hard to get up and go to work everyday. My wages sucked for a Maintenance Manager because of the high wages they paid the union staff. I liked my people but the upper management did not no how to take care of the maintenance , if the little guy was gone and he let people who new how to do there jobs do it there would be no problems? I also watched a guy get electrocuted as the manager for construction was never around and he had a kid with no exp running a job. All in all they have to make changes if they want to keep good people
fun
Groundskeeper (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABAugust 6, 2013
it was a unplace to work but it was to far from family.
hardest part was working out in the winter
my coworkers were awesome to work with
Great learning and growing expreance
Kitchen Worker/Dining Room Supervisor (Former Employee), Fort McMurray, ABAugust 4, 2013
Pros: great teams, great comuacation with mangement, good pay
Cons: when the food truck was late with orders .. and politics but its every where .
filling ,stocking preparing lunch room , or working sandwich line ,making sure that clients had enough verity in lunchroom .making sure all areas where clean and safe for working and for clients .
I learned how to deal with high volumes of clients demand's how to meet food safety standers at all time ,how to deal with managements requirements and work with a team or on my own , hardest part of my job was dealing with out of control clients but management would always step in to help , the best part of my day is knowing that im did a great job and it showed by the Clint and management team thanking me .
Small camp, but had tv room, gym, and pool tables
Kitchen Worker (Former Employee), Fire Bag, AlbertaApril 20, 2013
I would be scheduled for either morning or evening shift. I would get along with all my co-workers, and I learned so much from them. Also I learned a lot about different cultures and languages while I was working there. I greeted everyone I seen with a smile and I could always laugh. I think that was my most enjoyable part about the job was loving the job. I enjoyed everything. I smiled in the morning at the beginning of my shift, and I was smiling on day 21 at the end of my shift. I would have to say the hardest part of the job was always being switched back and forth from morning shift to evening shift in the same rotation. It was hard on the body, and took a toll on my sleeping patterns. I made a lot of friends from all over the world while I worked there, and I got a long with managment as well. Over all, it was a great experience, which I hope to have again.
great place to work
Cook (Current Employee), Edmonton, ABApril 2, 2013
Pros: great food
Cons: when there is shortage of work
The job is very easy and the people are pretty fair and i learned new techniques to make my job better
good enough
Plumber (Current Employee), Fort McMurray, ABNovember 5, 2012
Pros: good schedule. good hours
Cons: management
pti used to be a great way to pay the bills. They cared about their employees. now they have had management changes and just worry about cutting the budget.

December 30, 2012

How much can a plumber earn with this company? Or in fort mcmurray?

needed better managment
plumber/gasfitter (Former Employee), Edmonton, ABOctober 12, 2012
Pros: accomodations/meals paid for
Cons: away from home
the people you work with are good people,sometimes long hours

December 30, 2012

How much money can plumbers make with pti?