Great variety of Contracts!
Accounting Consultant (Former Employee), North York, OntarioFebruary 18, 2012
Excellent company to work with, well paid, many versatile contracts
Flexible work environment
Senior Technical Consultant (Former Employee), Salt Lake CityJuly 17, 2015
Pros: flexible work schedule and location
Cons: frequent layoffs
I was able to work from home for about 10 years. Unfortunately, I was a victim of a layoff which I survived about 7 of them. Thats the down side of this company. Frequent layoffs.
Enjoyed the job very much was a welders Assistance
Welders Assistant (Former Employee), oklahoma and kansasJuly 13, 2015
Helped prepare the line with replacement for the welders to weld a problem spot in the line had 109 problems to fix on this line
did not enjoy the environment & culture
PRODUCT DEFINITION ENGINEER (Former Employee), Needham, MAJune 8, 2015
Pros: good products
Cons: Aggressive profit goals achieved by RIF
I enjoyed the product definition work I was doing but did not get the team experience I was looking for. I found it hard to make a strong connection with co-workers.
Good company for people interested in IT Industry
Internship (Current Employee), PuneJune 4, 2015
Pros: Good work life balance
Cons: Strict deadlines
Its overall a good company.
Work-life balance is good.
You can expect many leaves in this company.
Work from home facility.
Excessive change in strategy and organizational structure
Product Management Director (Former Employee), Needham, MAMay 12, 2015
Good people, good working environment, good business processes and tools in place, good PTO and benefits, fair compensation. The management team has a desire to succeed however the company is constantly changing strategy and acquiring new companies to drive revenue which results in constant organizational change, layoffs and closing of locations.
Cyclic Company that goes through big hires and layoffs regularly - Global Services
Technical Consultant, Global Services (Former Employee), Blaine, MNMay 8, 2015
Pros: Traveling and working from home
Cons: Traveling and working from home
This is all in Global Services.

The program they have in global services to develop consultants is great. The culture and support around is phenomenal. The downside though is there is no job security. People are let go and hired again regularly. There is also a saying that the only way to get a pay bump is to leave PTC and get hired again.

It is a fun place to work, but not stable.
Large company in the midst of a big transition
Product Manager (Current Employee), Austin, TXApril 21, 2015
Pros: Flexible schedule - work from home on Tues and Thurs
Cons: Frequent layoffs to cut costs because the company isn't growing right now
PTC is aiming to enter the market of Internet of Things and as such doing a lot of restructuring to achieve it. This means a lot of change and strategy is not clear for any decent period of time.

I learned that management within PTC is not really very clear on this new path and doesn't seem to give anything long enough to show results before changing it.

A typical day would require meetings with different departments for daily standups, customer calls and triage meetings. I would also create new user stories for the backlog and also manage their position within the backlog.

The hardest part of the job was dealing with cross-continent development teams, most especially with the time differences.

The most enjoyable part was dealing with smart colleagues who would take an idea and run with it. As product manager it was my role to ensure that the product stayed on track in terms of new features but also to ensure that the stability was maintained and improved.
HCSC
Customer Advocate II (Current Employee), Marion IllinoisApril 20, 2015
Pros: Chance to make new friends
Cons: EBT (extended break time), PTO schedule was ridiculous
Assisting providers on claims and benefits. I have learned to work with my patience. Loved talking to providers from Montana, other states, not so much.
PTC provides flexible schedules and allows employees to work from home as needed
Sr. Technical Consultant (Former Employee), GAApril 16, 2015
Pros: Great Culture -Good benefits and great PTO, Allows work from home
Cons: Huge investment and change in strategy has led to the need for some layoffs
Company is quickly moving resources and making acquisitions in a very hot space, the Internet of Things
Company is constantly changing - must be able to deal with change and ambiguity to be successful.
Could Be Worse
Software Development Engineer, Senior (Current Employee), Irvine, CAApril 12, 2015
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: poor compensation, bad managemnent
You have very flexible hours. you can come into the office and leave anytime you want. Problem is there is no room for advancement. Compensation needs improvement.

The Co-workers are great. It is true what they say that you work for each other, and not for management.

I didn't hear this earlier, but PTC is known for acquiring companies and laying off workers.

Essential, if you are not part of IOT, your position will be cut
very good company and lot of fun
chief cook (Former Employee), Manila, P00April 9, 2015
Pros: all for free
actually being a chief cook is more fun, it just because if you see they love your cooked food for them it will touch your heart. and as the following day will come, much more differnt kind will show for them. challenging work will boost your skill.
Good Company
Global Vice President, Strategic Sourcing (Current Employee), Needham, MAApril 8, 2015
Great products, PLM, ALM, IOT, CAD, SLM
Good work-life balance-Ability to work remotely when required
High energy-always driving for financial success
Good Company
Application Architect (Current Employee), Needham, MAMarch 30, 2015
This is a very large company but still is able to give their employees the feeling they are valuable. Salary and benefits are really good and they really want to make sure their employees knowledge grows.
Startup Environment
End User Support Analyst (Current Employee), Foxboro, MAMarch 22, 2015
Small company to start was eventually bought by larger global company. In the transition process now of integrating both companies and cultures.
Provides flexible schedules
Development Group Lead/Scrum Master (Former Employee), Blaine, MNMarch 4, 2015
Pros: provides flexible schedules and work from home
Cons: gives little below average salary as per industry standard
PTC has good work life balance. Provides flexible schedules and allows developers to work from home a lot. Lot of good people to work with but favoritism run rampant throughout the ranks.
Enjoyable work environment with flexibility
Product Management Technical Lead (Former Employee), Needham, MAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: flexibility and pleasant work environment, i for example worked from a home office.
Cons: the company seemed to be constantly changing direction
At PTC my typical day focused on reviewing international product based environmental regulations and defining how these requirements should be impact the software program I worked on which aided clients in complying with these regulations. This involved putting together screen mock ups and working with clients to identify their concerns and desires.
Procurement & Travel Specialist for UK SWE,DNK,FIN (Former Employee), Home BasedFebruary 9, 2015
Working from home, My manager was in Germany, a good company to work for.

I think if I was closer to the main office I would have stayed, head office was in Farnbororugh, Hampshire.

The best part was to being able to control my day to day work load.
with mess hall
COOK (Former Employee), Cebu City, P07January 2, 2015
Pros: free breakfast, lunch
Cons: long hours
i learn on how to manage your work and time by listening and follow your chefs..also friendly and respect to you co worker whatever culture they have..
fun place to work
DBA/Data Analyst (Former Employee), East Moline, ILDecember 18, 2014
Pros: all
Cons: nothing
All are positive about this company....Friendly in nature support from the management level