Pseudio Employee Reviews

Rewarding work for a great company!
Coordinator, Head Office (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS24 February 2017
I've been with the company for about 2 1/12 years and I feel like I'm still learning every day, which is important to me. The opportunity to work for the head office of a national retailer while still living in Halifax is something I really love about this job.

Pseudio is a small company at heart, so I feel like my voice is heard and that my opinions are valued. Expectations are high but it's worth the effort. The owners/management genuinely care about their employees; I have found them to be accommodating and very encouraging of personal growth.

No two days are entirely the same and my work week flies by.
Pros
Lovely coworkers, Employee Discount
Great company to grow with!
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NS22 February 2017
I started with the company as a stock associate then got promoted to full time staff, then key holder and even got trained how to be assistant manager. This company is all about product knowledge and helping your grow within the company.

The company is still on the smaller side and it really makes you feel like you are part of a family. Wouldn't have left if I didn't have to move away. Overall, great place to work, great starter job and fantastic on helping you build your career in the retail industry.
Pros
Staff that I made lifelong friends with
Cons
Would have liked more hours.
Awesome environment with helpful and professional employees
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 February 2017
Excellent place to be employed, very friendly head office,great benefits, supportive management, room for growth, learned a lot about sales and the retail world
Pros
fun environment, rewarding, good pay
Stay away from this gong show
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC16 February 2017
What a nightmare. Constant turnover, management included. No communication, rediculous business practices. And upper management.... wow.

This company has no idea what it's doing, or how to treat its employees.
Pros
Cons
You name it
Fun job with huge work load
Acting Manager (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NB15 February 2017
Over all a very fun job if you love customer service and running a business. I learned a lot about organization as you must treat the store as if it was your own. You have a voice in your store. The only con is that they like to hire young students who usually start out with great work ethic and then proceed to spiral downward because between school and working they begin to miss their social life.
Pros
decision making, having a voice, trips, swag
Cons
staff being way too young
fun place at work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB1 February 2017
nice place to work, cool, team members. Helpfull district manager. The work environment could be challenging sometimes with regards to the companies policies, especially for managers.
Pros
good management
Cons
unstable job
Horrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clarenville, NL27 December 2016
The people I worked with were great but the upper management are horrible. They are rude,snotty and have no respect or appreciation for their employees. Their employee discounts are a joke considering they want you to wear their brands. Clothing way over priced n we actully had to take original price tags off and up the price on some products. If a product is damaged and you notice it you are told to put it back on the shelf and sell it anyways. Worst company ever to work for.
Pros
Leaving
Amazing Company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NS13 November 2016
I worked for this store as an assistant manager for a little under a year and a half. I have many years of retail experience and this was by far the best company I have worked for.

I loved that my manager included me on almost all decisions made for the store, as we were allowed to create our own visual changes and request our own stock which fit to our particular customers for each store location. Focus was on customer service and being "personal shoppers" for the customers.

All staff was required to reach their own sales goals which were a bit intimidating. It was a small store in a mall which was continually losing stores so slow customer traffic was always an issue; if there wasn't enough customers then it was harder to make sales goals. Managers will work with associates to improve their skills and learn, part timers are never left to "wing it".

My part time staff was amazing, they all worked very hard to reach their goals and were upbeat and fun. It was very laid back and we all worked amazingly well as a team. We had company contests as well as a budget for our own store contests that we could create each month, which made for some fun competition!

I loved our products; Pseudio always tried to carry local brands from around the maritimes, as well as popular designer names.I was proud to sell the clothing. However, because it was pricey, I could only afford it because of my (awesome) discount.

The only reason I left was because I changed provinces. Highly recommended, but the store is quite choosy on who they hire; so if you do apply make sure you act professional
  more... and dress nicely.  less
Pros
Awesome staff, empowering environment, great products, nice discount, great head office staff
Cons
long hours, short lunch, high sales goals, higher management (not seen frequently)
Terrible company to work for unless your related to someone that works there
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 August 2016
Worst management ever. Everything is disorganized. They will do anything to make everything look like your fault. And find any kind of reason to get you in trouble. Worst job EVER
Pros
None.
Cons
Great place to learn new skills about retail and business!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS27 July 2016
Worked in Management for a long time at this company and had to leave due to moving provinces! I absolutely loved wokring for non coporate and voicing my thoughts on product and visual! I had an impact on what my customers saw and felt when they came into my store! Head Office is great too! Lots of incentives with contests! You have to love talking to people to like working here, sales are huge! Overall my favorite store I've worked in!
Pros
contests, discount, creativity, people
Cons
high sales expectations
Fun and lively place to work
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS29 May 2016
Fun place to work with other agreeable, fun associates. Decent hours for a Part- Time position, and overall good managers and corporate.
Pros
Fun, Good hours, great co-workers
Cons
Not enough opportunities to move up
Fun workplace, great people to work for.
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB23 April 2016
Very well, great experience. I learned cash and also how to interact and communicate with customers. Very organized company to work for.
Warning
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 March 2016
I have done many retail jobs in the past and this was by far the worst job I have ever had. They advertise the job as being a fun and creative workplace but in reality it is the complete opposite. Everyone who works there absolutely hates it and complains the whole time. The management is awful, completely disorganized and unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
No hours, pointless tasks, lazy staff
Not a good experience.
Negative environment.
Stressful.
No flexibility in hours.
No training.
Very demanding head office.
Product overpriced.
Day at work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Gander, NL21 January 2016
It's not a bad place to work, spend most of the day keeping work area clean and tidy folding and assisting customers. Day flies bye quickly
Fun place to work.
PART-TIME / SEASONAL (Former Employee) –  Fredericton3 July 2014
Welcoming spot, everyone is friendly. Small store for the amount of clothing, yet a huge store for the small amount of customer traffic. Almost all the merchandise is hanged, not much display tables. Point-of-sale system is outdated in my opinion. The backroom is not very social, not many places for co-workers to sit.
Pros
Great management, good co-workers, good hours, great discount.
Cons
Slow pace, Sales floor is not too roomy
Great
Retail- Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB5 February 2014
This was my first retail job and the experience has been wonderful! I t has helped me develop wonderful customer service skills!
Not Your Typical Clothing Store
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Nova Scotia7 January 2014
I've had experience in a variety of clothing stores. I moved to the east coast and got a job at a particular Pseudio location, and it was the worst store I've ever worked for. I am not blaming the company so much as the management was not professional (which could have trickled down from the head of the company, but who knows). Anyway, they were not very welcoming, they were ignorant, and would tell any "new" employee what to do while they stood behind the cash counter and did NOTHING. I've worked for more professional and organized companies before.
Pros
when there was 2 minutes left to your shift and it was time to leave
Cons
bad attitude, bad atmosphere, unorganized, unprofessional, lazy, rude, everyone is cliquey
Energetic and exciting work place with great people
Sales Associate & Key holder (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, Nova Scotia9 July 2013
Opening the store required counting the cash, updating goals and stats of individual employees and the store, completing a daily planner which entailed all tasks and goals for that specific day. Being part of the management team meant that I had to make sure all employees were up to date on their stats and the store stats. If certain employees were not meeting the required goal, it needed to be rectified immediately.

My manager and assistant manager were excellent to work with. The other employees were great as well. The store atmosphere was always positive and it really showed through to our customers.

The hardest part of the job to me was having to leave. I enjoyed doing my part in helping run the store. The most enjoyable part of the job was the actual retail service it self. It was enjoyable helping people and being busy.
Productive and fun workplace
Part-time sales associate (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB5 June 2013
As I walk into work all I see are smiling faces; greeting me with excitement. Never once do I walk into work with a frown on my face and even if I did the girls at work would automatically lift my spirit as soon as I entered the door. Firstly, you must clock-in and then read what is in the communication's binder (this tells us what is new, what new changes are being made, product knowledge and so much more). Then our management team will inform us what tasks need to be done for the night. My co-workers make my job the most enjoyable job I have ever had. We are like a little family. I have learned that things to not come easy and you must work extremely hard and have a lot of patience.
Pros
The amazing staff
Cons
Not enough hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Pseudio. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8