Pseudio Employee Reviews

Fun, energetic
Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Gander, NL14 August 2017
I absolutely Loved working with the team! we became one big family. Everyone was so friendly and the company was amazing! It was my home away from home.
Worst job company ever
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB16 July 2017
By far the worst, job experience i've ever had. The head office is a complete mess, they're all egotistical air heads who gossip about the people who work with/for them. I was an employee for over a year and a fulltime key-holder for the majority of that time. I was given absolutely no direction, belittled by my superiors constantly, and not to mention the pay is a joke, part time sales employees were making more than me, I made minimum wage the whole time I was employed with pseudio. They treat their employees like complete garbage and I'm surprised their stores aren't shut down yet. The company is down a lot of money, and I'm glad I jumped ship when I did.
Pros
When you're off
Awful
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB26 June 2017
It was okay for a retail job but the daily goals were too high and the management was just awful, hopefully it has gotten better since I worked there!
Best company I've ever worked for
Manager (Current Employee) –  Medicine Hat, AB21 June 2017
Pseudio is by far the best company I have ever worked for. It feels so good knowing that I can pick up the phone and call anyone at head office, and get an answer right away. They take everyone and their options very seriously, making it easier to become a successful leader. Being on the west end of the company has definitely been a learning experience, but we have the best district manager who is always there to lend a helping hand or support. She's truly amazing. Just like Pseudio itself.
Pros
Great benefits, discount, people, support system, district manager
Cons
I have no complaints :)
amazing clothes, amazing people, amazing company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB19 June 2017
I love fashion so working here was the place for me. They stay right on top of trends so we always had the best selection. The staff are all so nice! The premise they work on is that they sell cool clothes, to good people and listen to great music and that is exactly what it was!
Pros
great team, flexible hours, good wages, awesome staff discount
Worst Job I ever had
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB1 May 2017
Full of false promises and do not deal with issues when they arise. They care more about making money then their employees. They hire management without experience and let them treat the sales associates poorly
Pros
The other sales associates i worked with were great
Cons
Managment in store and in the company are liars
fun work place, good people to work with
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Gander, NL6 March 2017
fun work place that gave me a chance to enhance my customer service skills and overcome my shyness. was often slow and found it hard to keep myself busy.
Pros
great work mates
Cons
not very busy/ boring
Rewarding work for a great company!
Coordinator, Head Office (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS24 February 2017
I've been with the company for about 2 1/12 years and I feel like I'm still learning every day, which is important to me. The opportunity to work for the head office of a national retailer while still living in Halifax is something I really love about this job.

Pseudio is a small company at heart, so I feel like my voice is heard and that my opinions are valued. Expectations are high but it's worth the effort. The owners/management genuinely care about their employees; I have found them to be accommodating and very encouraging of personal growth.

No two days are entirely the same and my work week flies by.
Pros
Lovely coworkers, Employee Discount
Great company to grow with!
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NS22 February 2017
I started with the company as a stock associate then got promoted to full time staff, then key holder and even got trained how to be assistant manager. This company is all about product knowledge and helping your grow within the company.

The company is still on the smaller side and it really makes you feel like you are part of a family. Wouldn't have left if I didn't have to move away. Overall, great place to work, great starter job and fantastic on helping you build your career in the retail industry.
Pros
Staff that I made lifelong friends with
Cons
Would have liked more hours.
Awesome environment with helpful and professional employees
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS21 February 2017
Excellent place to be employed, very friendly head office,great benefits, supportive management, room for growth, learned a lot about sales and the retail world
Pros
fun environment, rewarding, good pay
Stay away from this gong show
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC16 February 2017
What a nightmare. Constant turnover, management included. No communication, rediculous business practices. And upper management.... wow.

This company has no idea what it's doing, or how to treat its employees.
Pros
Cons
You name it
Fun job with huge work load
Acting Manager (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NB15 February 2017
Over all a very fun job if you love customer service and running a business. I learned a lot about organization as you must treat the store as if it was your own. You have a voice in your store. The only con is that they like to hire young students who usually start out with great work ethic and then proceed to spiral downward because between school and working they begin to miss their social life.
Pros
decision making, having a voice, trips, swag
Cons
staff being way too young
fun place at work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB1 February 2017
nice place to work, cool, team members. Helpfull district manager. The work environment could be challenging sometimes with regards to the companies policies, especially for managers.
Pros
good management
Cons
unstable job
Horrible place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clarenville, NL27 December 2016
The people I worked with were great but the upper management are horrible. They are rude,snotty and have no respect or appreciation for their employees. Their employee discounts are a joke considering they want you to wear their brands. Clothing way over priced n we actully had to take original price tags off and up the price on some products. If a product is damaged and you notice it you are told to put it back on the shelf and sell it anyways. Worst company ever to work for.
Pros
Leaving
Amazing Company to work for
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NS13 November 2016
I worked for this store as an assistant manager for a little under a year and a half. I have many years of retail experience and this was by far the best company I have worked for.

I loved that my manager included me on almost all decisions made for the store, as we were allowed to create our own visual changes and request our own stock which fit to our particular customers for each store location. Focus was on customer service and being "personal shoppers" for the customers.

All staff was required to reach their own sales goals which were a bit intimidating. It was a small store in a mall which was continually losing stores so slow customer traffic was always an issue; if there wasn't enough customers then it was harder to make sales goals. Managers will work with associates to improve their skills and learn, part timers are never left to "wing it".

My part time staff was amazing, they all worked very hard to reach their goals and were upbeat and fun. It was very laid back and we all worked amazingly well as a team. We had company contests as well as a budget for our own store contests that we could create each month, which made for some fun competition!

I loved our products; Pseudio always tried to carry local brands from around the maritimes, as well as popular designer names.I was proud to sell the clothing. However, because it was pricey, I could only afford it because of my (awesome) discount.

The only reason I left was because I changed provinces. Highly recommended, but the store is quite choosy on who they hire; so if you do apply make sure you act professional
  more... and dress nicely.  less
Pros
Awesome staff, empowering environment, great products, nice discount, great head office staff
Cons
long hours, short lunch, high sales goals, higher management (not seen frequently)
Terrible company to work for unless your related to someone that works there
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 August 2016
Worst management ever. Everything is disorganized. They will do anything to make everything look like your fault. And find any kind of reason to get you in trouble. Worst job EVER
Pros
None.
Cons
Great place to learn new skills about retail and business!
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS27 July 2016
Worked in Management for a long time at this company and had to leave due to moving provinces! I absolutely loved wokring for non coporate and voicing my thoughts on product and visual! I had an impact on what my customers saw and felt when they came into my store! Head Office is great too! Lots of incentives with contests! You have to love talking to people to like working here, sales are huge! Overall my favorite store I've worked in!
Pros
contests, discount, creativity, people
Cons
high sales expectations
Fun and lively place to work
Sales Associate and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS29 May 2016
Fun place to work with other agreeable, fun associates. Decent hours for a Part- Time position, and overall good managers and corporate.
Pros
Fun, Good hours, great co-workers
Cons
Not enough opportunities to move up
Fun workplace, great people to work for.
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Saint John, NB23 April 2016
Very well, great experience. I learned cash and also how to interact and communicate with customers. Very organized company to work for.
Warning
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB15 March 2016
I have done many retail jobs in the past and this was by far the worst job I have ever had. They advertise the job as being a fun and creative workplace but in reality it is the complete opposite. Everyone who works there absolutely hates it and complains the whole time. The management is awful, completely disorganized and unprofessional.
Pros
Cons
No hours, pointless tasks, lazy staff