PSD Employee Reviews

Weird hours, bad office politics
Paraprofessional/transportation (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CO14 March 2017
The work of caring for special needs children is fun, but the hours of transprtation are difficult, it is hard to have any predictability of hours, and the worse part is the office politics in PSD transportation
a good place to gain experience
Professional Services Engineer (Current Employee) –  Amman8 March 2017
ITG is has the perfect environment to get experience but not for the long term, I've learned a lot about business analysis and SRS and how to work with clients and getting the right requirements from them.
Pros
Good Experience
Cons
Long Hours
always busy
psd Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM2 February 2017
I like being busy, busy with phone calls and caregivers that come into the office. We do all the Incident reports and handle the escalations. Which I like I get experience dealing with that kind of stuff
Pros
make good friends meet new people
Cons
everything is handed to the schedulers
A challaging and rewarding career
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Middle East &Africa3 January 2017
There are no typical days at work each day will bring a new challenge and test your skills.
A calm and professional attitude along with a smart appearance will give your client confidence in your abilities.
Most people in this industry are ex forces but can also be from different backgrounds you need to treat every one the same and not judge on past experiences.
The job is not a glamourous one but a service industry you need to keep your own opinions to your self and fullfill the clients wishes
Pros
Job satisfaction
Fast paced, high stress job
General Education Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Peoria, IL28 August 2016
My typical work day is very hectic. Fast paced, quick decision making and customer service via phone calls all day. The long hours make it hard to plan things with my family due to the demands of the job changing every day. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting all the students where they need to be on time and safely.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Long hours, some weekends and not enough teamwork
Good clients and great management
Armed personal security consultant, Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CA12 August 2016
Working as a Private Security Detail presents numerous challenges, timing, movement and communication with the client being a few. It keeps you on your toes and that type of pressure is what I consider a good working environment.
Keeping the client happy and safe is our job.
Pros
Good money
Cons
Driving a brand new car every day was nice
Test driver (Former Employee) –  Allen Park, MI11 April 2016
PSD is the Staffing company that sent me to Roush to work.
A day at Roush driving 5 hrs. around Michigan and inspecting the car I was driving, I learn must about the new Ford cars and how to inspect at car. Management was no very organized, we get sent home a lot when they would run out of cars. I would called us in and then send us home become they didn't have enough cars. I worked with some really good people. The hardest part no training, and the most enjoyable drive a new car everyday.
Pros
Driving everywhere
Cons
Not enough hours to work sent home to often
Fun work place
(ISAF) Mission as Rifleman (Current Employee) –  Afghanistan Iraq Europe12 October 2015
The hardest part of my job is mental load when we train .And the most enjoyble part is paratrooper is when \i jupm from the plain because i am Airborne and I enjoy every day and that makes me happy.
Fruitful environment.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Washington, DC28 September 2015
A typical day at work was always a pleasure. The staff were always so sweet from management all they way down to my fellow team mates. PSD was a place where you be comfortable and be yourself. Normaly pretty busy but as long as you were doing your work at a consistent pace the work load was pretty manageable. Even though I no longer work there I am still in contact with the staff. It was a fruitful 2 years and I thank PSD for allowing me to be apart of the team.
Pros
Great friends, lunches, holiday parties etc
Cons
The communte
Fun, friendly work enviroment
Personel Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newport, RI3 June 2015
A typical day at work would consist at reading and copying orders for student who were coming into the Command Leadership School.
Co-workers were always helping each other out to complete work. The most enjoyable part of the job was the people I worked with.
Boring
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Naval Base San Diego, CA20 February 2015
Long work hours with little to do. I'm not actually employed here, I was assigned to help while on active duty. Just extra help.
dynamic and Informative
Master Trainer (Former Employee) –  Kabul- Afghanistan1 June 2014
conduct workshop for staff and evolution its.
prepared lesson plan for trainer
help to trainer to conduct workshops
Similiar to working in an Active Duty environment
MilPay Technician (Federal Employee) (Former Employee) –  Gulfport, MS30 May 2014
Good place to work but due to pay scale that I was on I found it hard for me to stay. Other than that, I REALLY liked my job and the people that were there.
Pros
Good Environment
Cons
Pay Scale
Great Place to work
Week, Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FL21 August 2013
PSD is a great place to work. I enjoy working with the military.
Pros
I'm blessed to have job
Cons
No Breaks
Demanding
Serving in Iraq as an armed Deputy Team leader (Current Employee) –  Iraq12 August 2013
My typical day starts usually around 7am, we collect clients and escort them safely from one location to another in the oil fields of Iraq.
everyday in Iraq is a learning curve, management do their best to support you but it is a difficult situation working in a foreign country, My co workers are Local Iraqi nationals with only one other British expat, The hardest part of the job is the security and risk factor f everyday life in Iraq and being away from home.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the leave, as the sallary is good usually get a holiday once every 3 months.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Dangers faced on a daily basis
No upward mobility
Human Resources Assistant (Current Employee) –  Portsmouth, VA27 June 2013
Processing paperwork, and providing customer service. That my job is very important. Management has room to grow. Co-workers are a great group of hard working people. The hardest part of my job is just that it's constant, keeps you busy. The most enjoyable part of the job, providing customer service to the men and women who serve.
Pros
Health and Wellness program.
Cons
short breaks, low wages
Security Officer Present working with AEGIS LLC in Iraq
Commander (Current Employee) –  London, ENG17 June 2013
-a typical day at work ......work on mission
-what you learned.............many tasks
-management .................very friendly
-your co-workers..............friendly
-the hardest part of the job ..n/a
Pros
being able to enjoy working different departments, doing all different jobs
Cons
i was doing the work of 2-3 other security officers
gereat company
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TX11 April 2013
good leadership and admin. dept. Good management team and great co-workers
Nice Office Job
Military Personnel Clerk (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, IL8 February 2013
Worked in recruit records. Obtaining and storing all paperwork required for recruit to leave boot camp. All clerks were pretty friendly group. Had office parties for major holidays and decorating contests between all the offices.
Pros
learned alot about the recruit process
Cons
had to leave f or next duty station
Rewarding place to work with opportunity to learn.
Personnel Specialist / Military Pay Technician (Current Employee) –  Kings Bay, GA11 December 2012
I have learned a lot about the military pay system since being hired in this position. The personnel here are always willing to assist, and continuously go above and beyond in the area of customer service. This is evidenced by this being the top rated Personnel Support Detachment in the Navy, due in large part to the outstanding leadership / management team we have.
Pros
generous with free time / rewards for outstanding performance. extremely nurturing work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at PSD. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9