PSAV Presentation Services

PSAV Presentation Services Employer Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Progressive International company
Global Sales Manager, Canada (Current Employee), Toronto OntarioJanuary 3, 2013
Pros: supportive senior management
Cons: high turnover in general work force
PSAV is Progressive company proactively growing National and Global Sales ahead of the industry pace. PSAV are growing and are now the largest Meeting technology company in north America
Diversity in Job duties
Video Technology Specialist (Former Employee), Charleston, SCApril 2, 2014
Pros: great work environment
Cons: inability to plan anything-never knowing schedule from week to week.
The resort I worked at was awesome and so were the staff there.
However, there was NO consistency with a schedule and many times hours and days changed at a moments notice. Many long hours too. Impossible to plan anything around work, even doctor appointments. That was a big con. The pros were interacting with clients and creating a professional Audio/Visual – more... set-up that satisfied the client's needs. Learning more about lighting and audio, and computers was interesting and fun. I enjoyed most of my co-workers and my original boss was great. New boss was too, but not as flexible. A lot of hard physical work, but overall, I enjoyed that part. The cons of that though were the possibility of getting hurt. – less
Not a good place to work
Events Technology Specialist (Former Employee), Saint LouisMarch 25, 2014
Please stay away from PSAV!!! Bad place to work expect too much of your time. No time to spend with family of social life. Management lack skills to run their properties and manage their staff upper management is horrible. Lack compassion in other words it sucked working there!!! If you are looking for a job stay away from PSAV PLEASE!!
Bad employer to work for, no family life respect.
Director of Event Technology (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 20, 2014
Cons: can't have a family quality life working for this employer.
They like you only if you are willing to work 60+ hours per week, seven days straight very often, weekends, and holidays and as long as you are willing to neglect your family. Poor pay and no growth potential. They are buying out all other good AV companies. Not an employer of choice.
Excellent American Audio Visual Company
Area Manager (Former Employee), North westFebruary 3, 2014
Fantastic company, area manager for 8 in-house audio visual managers.
Productive, Great place to work
Business Center Associate (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 29, 2014
A Day at work consist of greeting guest as they enter business center, help with copy, fax, printing, e-mailing, etc. I learned a great deal of audio visual. My co-workers are nice and helpful, I don't find anything hard about my job. Enjoyable part of my Job is dealing with the hotel guest on a day to day basis.
PSAV is 100% corporate with very mixed messages. Slavery to the system is the only way to survive.
D.E.T - Director of Event Technology (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INJanuary 17, 2014
Pros: free lunches, great city, previously swank until merger
Cons: management is cut throat, hr only backs upper management, back stabbing, non supportive, all corporate, no salary increases
Early mornings greeting clients and double checking room sets. Some late nights and frequent weekends and holidays. Work seamlessly with hotel departments to plan and sell event experience including design room sets and necessary audio visual equipment. Attend daily and weekly hotel meetings. Check frequently back on clients. Write team schedule and – more... coordinate sharing equipment and labor with region. Manage inventory. Client satisfaction is expected and best part of day when accomplished.

After the merger with Swank and PSAV it became clear that it was truly a corporate take over of 2 rival companies. Swank culture was buried and there is zero respect for tenure and your opinion. All systems and management are corporate standard and those that speak up with any opposing views are sought out and removed with zero severance or notice. Changes happen fast and unexplained leaving behind untrained teams left hung out to suffer. No sympathy for personal life and consequences can be retroactively enforced. Corporate is so big and diverse that there is no human to human support. Simply comanding and un respectful when it comes to corporate support.

I loved Swank for 12 years and now despise PSAV after trying to survive a year of the merger. BEWARE! – less
Great Company
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee), Schaumburg ILNovember 16, 2013
Pros: team
Cons: merger
Overall great company to work for, great work-life balance.
Decent place to work
Event Technology Specialist III (Former Employee), Chicago, ILNovember 6, 2013
Pros: lots of down time and free lunch
Cons: you work when there is work
As a tech, you have to be their before the meetings start, be their for support throughout the day, and break down after the meetings are over. You set up the day or night before for any meetings the next day. The pay was just OK, the benefits were pretty good.
Corporate Audio Visual company
Event Technology Specialist (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAOctober 13, 2013
specialized skills required for this job with poor compensation and benefits. on the bright side, they feed you lunch every day..
PSAV Corporate disaster
ADET (Former Employee), ArizonaOctober 5, 2013
Pros: choices
Cons: false promises not clear on anything
They will give you many promises about advancement, however they only advance the ones they like or the ones who schmooze the most with Area Directors or RVP. Get ready to work like a slave and then get sent home in the slow times. No hours for you however you will have to loose your life when they are busy.
Looks like since the Swank buy out, i mean – more... merger no one seems to no what is happening with anything, not even the Area Directors have answers. They will lie and tell you things are happening. If you like to work hard and get lied to this is the place for you, if not just stick to freelance unless you want to work as a tech for $12 an hour – less
This company looks nice but is slavery.
Sales Manager (Former Employee), MiamiSeptember 9, 2013
Pros: good structure.
Cons: human resources will not help you
I was hired as a sales manager at a hotel. My manager put me to work as a technician while he was getting all the sales and getting the commissions for himself. I told human resources but they told me "do what your supervisor tells you to do".

My supervisor put me to work even weekends and late hours, because I was "salary" I was not getting paid extra – more... hours. His idea was to save money to the company by not hiring per hour technicians. So he could get a bonus.

At the end of the 3 months trial he offered me the technicians position and I declined and left. He face was white because all the technicians where at other locations already. So now he had to work alone. He got fired a month later.

I remember that my girlfriend was coming to visit me from Venezuela and she was arriving on a Saturday Morning, I told my supervisor I needed to pick her up and he told me: you have to work! Hey, I am sales, I am supposed to work from Monday to Friday, not to stay an entire Saturday at the office. I had to stay that Saturday because some clients had a conference with flip charts and I had to stay to be sure they markers wouldn't run out of ink... from 8 am until 6pm. Doing nothing!

But what I saw in general was depressive. People working in the company for 10 years and earning just $13 an hour. Other technicians bragging because all they knew was to set up a power point presentation to the LCD screen...

I realized many workers were people with low education or from low income families, literally ghetto people. Many of them very nice people but in PSAV you are cattle. Human Resources will deal with you over the phone only. If you have any complain you will get fired and replaced it, you are no body.

My supervisor was working there for 5 years, on a Friday night he got a phone call not to return again. On Monday another supervisor arrived. No one at the office had the time to say good bye to him.

It is a good company to learn the "corporate way". But you will not achieve anything there except going back home, super tire, smelling like eggs from the smells of the hallways of the hotel.

The good thing is that God paid me back well, I went from the lame experience in PSAV to work in another company for $50 an hour doing what I liked.

I am not going back to PSAV unless they pay me $90K a year and only office hours. – less
Positive atmosphere. I like what I do and who I work with. Free lunch.
Event Technology Specialist (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAAugust 27, 2013
Pros: positive atmosphere. i like what i do and who i work with. free lunch.
Cons: complicated work scheduling.
PSAV is a good company to work for with plenty of opportunity for advancement,.
Not a fulfilling career
Audio Visual Sales Coordinator (Current Employee), Washington, DCAugust 6, 2013
Pros: tons of opportunities to learn new skills
Cons: large disconnect between office an front of house employees. commission structure is poor at best.
While the work is fun and sometimes educational. Its easy to become the forgotten employee.
Getting a bad director at our location can stall your career to the point of non existence.
Effective manegemant in a positive work Inviroment.
Event Technology Specialist (Current Employee), San Francisco, CAJune 28, 2013
Pros: free food, overtime
Cons: schedule inconsistency
Management is a great company to work for. If you want a crash course in how the hospitality Industry Works this is the place to be. On a typical day i set up and kick off meeting, take away any equipment in rooms that do not have meeting and ensure the utmost confidence and success for our clients. Management is concerned only about the success of – more... the meetings and as long as the work gets done there is very little conflict. – less
They care only about their P&L, and not about their techs
Senior ETS (Former Employee), FloridaJune 13, 2013
Pros: time off during down time
Cons: time off during down time.
They basically expect you to be there for them 24/7, however, when things in your hotel begin to slow down they can't kick you out of the door fast enough to fend for yourself until your property gets busy again. They don't have the best tech's working for them as many talented techs eventually move on to do their own thing after they get a solid dose – more... of the corporate jargon they employ. As a result, advancement is easily attained to anyone looking to make a career of the industry. However, be ready to work like a rented mule. – less
Be aware
Tech (Former Employee), BostonMarch 8, 2013
Pros: none that i can think of
Cons: lack of a set schedule
Very demanding job. Hours change at a moments notice, don't expect to have a personal life. You're on-call with no set schedule. Unpredictable paycheck. When you do work you'll more than earn your money. Hours will get cut to zero in the fall. Poor upper management that has no consideration for your needs. It appears that most of the other reviews are – more... from salaried management employess who aren't on the front lines. Look elsewhere. – less
An organization in transition
RVP (Current Employee), TampaMarch 3, 2013
PSAV is currently undergoing a merger with Swank AV. The enviornment is in transition in preparation for a new company that brings the best of both legacy organizations in to one.
Procurement Supervisor (Current Employee), Schaumburg, ILJanuary 29, 2013
PSAV is great place to work especially if you are in the AV industry. I really enjoyed working with the audio vendor and learning more about that side of the business.

The people are great and so are the managers!
Tech work
Freelance Monitor Engineer (Current Employee), Franklin, TNJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: i get to do what i love
Cons: poor hours
Setting up, operating, and tearing down audio visual equipment for conventions and meetings.

About PSAV Presentation Services

This company puts a little show biz into business. Audio Visual Services Group,┬ádoing business as PSAV Presentation Services (PSAV), – Read more