Prysmian Group Employee Reviews

Human Resources Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Claremont, NC6 December 2017
Recruiter position was created by Contract position ended only reason seeking position at this time. Need to show need base of HR in Fiber plant once fulfilled they made the position a Manager and replaced me!
Good and Bad
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Schuylkill Haven, PA6 December 2017
Most management was blind to the amount of money they would throw away. Problems would resurface every few months, and even when shown solutions, management would forget and move on until it would happen again in few months. Need to lean that making no decision is a decision, and usually the wrong one!
Pros
Operators were great
Cons
Management there for 50 yrs had no clue how things worked.
Productive at times
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Abbeville, SC3 December 2017
Hard and dirty work with little help as possible that anyone would give you no team work from others always every man or woman for they self and pay not good as a temporary worker they talk to you any kind of way and its not healthy
certa
auxiliar de produção (Former Employee) –  Vila Velha, ES29 November 2017
desepisionado com ela, sendo falsa com a justiça contando mentira.....
Pros
alimento namesma
Not a good company to work for,
Materials Specialist (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NC28 November 2017
.This was a Temporary position not a permanent, I did several different jobs and wore several different hats, I t wasn't made for only one person to do, but they hired me to cover both shifts,
Personal Development
Technical Developer (Current Employee) –  Hyderabad-Deccan, Telangana21 November 2017
Overall exposure was good with client contact. Handled project independently and also worked as a Team member. Gained managerial skills while working on project by giving presentations. Work from home option was also provided.
Gran programa para graduados
CABLE DESIGN ENGINEER (Current Employee) –  Hampshire19 November 2017
Empresa líder en el sector del cable energético y telecomunicación.
Gran oportunidad para aprender, ganar experiencia internacionalmente, exposición en el trabajo, esfuerzo.
Pros
Promoción, libertad, profesionalidad
Cons
Transparencia, comunicación
Stressful For no Reason
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJ14 November 2017
Hard work was not valued
Smile and kiss up and you are golden at this company
I have nothing else to say about the company
Stressful for no reason
Little to no support from management
Did Not Learn Much
Intern (Former Employee) –  Schuylkill Haven, PA31 October 2017
I really liked the people I worked with. I got paid well. Management was poor however. I got experience using SAP and Excel which will benefit me in the long run.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor management, didn't learn much
Good Pay
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Abbeville, SC23 October 2017
Was forced to leave because I was accused of something I didn't say. They had no proof, no nothing. Was sent home with paid leave, came back a week later to work and then forced to leave the following week. I would not recommend this company to family man or woman. If your single and want to make some money and cut your way to the top, then this may be the place for you. Pay was good for the area especially when OT was available. Management is terrible all over the plant. Half the managers have no idea how wire and cable is made or what it does. They bring in felions, people with a gun violations, wife beaters, etc. It was terrible to see the people coming in that you see in jail birds for major violations of the law and you have to work beside these people! I would not recommend this company to someone how likes time off and who wants a steady work schedule. It changes from month to month and they toss you around like a rag doll. Don't bother complaining because that puts a target on your back.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Poor management, backstabbers, favoritism towards others
laid back and easy
Extruder Operator (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SC2 October 2017
working for this company is overall ok. pay is decent but work hours in a shift seem a little long. 12 hours shifts doesn't leave much time for family and personal things.
Pros
pay
Cons
long work hours
Lack of dignity in the workplace
Conectivity (Former Employee) –  Eastleigh, Hampshire30 September 2017
90% of workforce are temps and have no opportunity to be made permanent, as such there is a robust community of Eastern Europeans which has led to a poor working enviroment where you are treated with suspicion and lack of care
Pros
Pay is good for factory work
Cons
Treated with suspicion and lack of respect
Productive and job stibility
Ribbon Associate (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SC5 September 2017
Prysmian is an great place to work. It's equal opportunity and has great job stibiliy. It's an 12 hour work shift that comes with may benefits and paid time off.
Role In General As Per CV
Commercial Manager - Freelance (Former Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside31 August 2017
My role as Commercial Manager is on Prysmian Groups most high profile project worth £1bn over a 3 year period (The Western Link Project). I oversee and manage all subcontract works including building/civils/environmental/cable works AFP/Invoices/Litigation also working closely with the planning/Ops team to ensure operational efficiencies against the critical path for both onshore and onshore works to prevent liquidated damages by over running the end date. Responsible for reviewing tenders and awarding subcontracts. Cost monitoring and forecasting.

Responsibilities & Achievement
• Monthly internal valuation submission – produced to board
• Form of tender pricing docs on SOR/fixed price/Time and Materials.
• Managing 18no QS staff team
• Assessment and Tender Awards
• Monthly/Annual forecasting
• Managing a programme of works worth circa £27m/month
• Post contract final accounts

Projects
• Western Link Project TThe project is connecting the Scottish and English power grids, sets a record in terms of voltage (600kv) and has a currently unmatched transmission capacity for long hall systems 2200mw. The idea being to allow power transmission from renewable sources in Scotland to consumption centres in England
typical day
MAINTENANCE TECH (Current Employee) –  Abbeville, SC31 August 2017
fix machinery with new parts or improvise when parts not available. minor electrical work mostly limit switches and motors very very dirty place to work
Dated company, needs an overhaul in management.
Laboratory Technician/Inspector (Current Employee) –  Abbeville, SC28 August 2017
Very difficult to advance in this company. Plenty of working hours are available, 8- 12 hour days, mostly 7 days a week. Work conditions vary from department.
Empresa agradável para trabalhar
Aprendiz - Assistente Administrativo (Former Employee) –  Santo André, SP21 August 2017
Lugar tranquilo e bom de se trabalhar, amei a experiencia.
Pros
refeição na empresa
Cons
não da vale alimentação
a good place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Wrexham4 August 2017
ive just left prysmian cables as im looking for a new start i have held my position there for 10 years and had no problems but feel its time to work somewhere new that i would enjoy my work rather than just earning money im in a position with my partner that i dont need to work but i want a job that is fulfiling for me my job in prysmian was very repetaive lots of packing and lifting the people i worked with were very nice and i made a lot of friends there i also worked on production machines from time to time which i enjoyed
Pros
working with good people good pay
Cons
factory enviroment and no new challenges
Leuk bedrijf, functie: lastig voor nieuwe binnenkomers
order verwerking (Former Employee) –  Delft3 August 2017
Een behoorlijk hectische omgeving, veel telefoon zowel intern als extern en veel zaken om in het oog te houden.
Pros
Leuke collega's
Cons
Lastige learning curve voor nieuwe binnenkomers (specifiek voor deze functie)
Alot of backstabbers and managements leaves a nasty taste in my mouth bc they show favortism
Machine Operator/respooler (Current Employee) –  Claremont, NC1 August 2017
I was pretty much the best respooler there and bc of that I had alot of people who hated me for no reason and my boss never had my back when someone had an issue with me I was never giving the opportunity to defend myself!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Prysmian Group. Our community is ready to answer.