Province of Manitoba Employee Reviews

Can be a fun place to work, at times.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB12 February 2017
Can be a fun place to work. For the most part the co-workers are easy to get a long with. As a security guard. Get to see the insides of a few historic buildings, and learn about them. Which is interesting.
But when starting off as a casual/part time worker. There is very little chance to move into a full time position.
The only way to get a full time position, is to be related to some one in management. Or good friends, with supervisors.
Management, is aware of this but just ignores it. As they do with most issues that happen with the employees.
Pros
Learning about the history of various buildings.
Cons
Lack of clear direction.
Love helping people with many challenges
Intake Specialist (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB22 January 2017
It is a job I enjoy although I would like more challenges that address my education. I also would like to work more in an environment that wants to advance people with diversity.
Pros
job sercurity
Cons
Lack of advancement
Job Review
Sheriff Officer/Adminstrative Supoort (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB25 November 2016
I have worked for 2 different deptartments within the government I do enjoy my position with family services however did not enjoy my position with Sheriff's as much mostly because of the work schedule.
Pros
pays decent
Cons
no schedule ahead of time
Difficult Environment
Correctional Officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 September 2016
This is a difficult job. More support is needed from management and programs for staff who are struggling. Otherwise, a good career.
Pros
Good salary, good pension, job stability
Cons
long hours, short call ins
Productive and fun
Executive Assistant to MLA (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg Manitoba4 February 2016
As Executive Assistant to an MLA I was tasked with the daily operation of both offices (legislature and Fisher Branch). This included mail collections, fielding and screening calls, setting appointments, office stock, paying bills/invoices and taking minutes in meetings among many other tasks to numerous to list. I had no co workers and was basically a lone wolf. I enjoyed this position and if a position as an Executive Assistant was to come up again in either the private or government sector I would not hesitate to apply for it.
Pros
Fast pace work enviroment
Province of Manitoba
Career Development Consultant (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB29 July 2014
Great work environment.
Welcoming and friendly colleagues who go above and beyond to assist you to learn your new roles within the organization.
Pros
Great Management, Good team environment, great hours, Fabulous new offices
Cons
Term position not entitled to benefits until 12 months
It's a great place to work.
Rent Registry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, Manitoba27 August 2013
good office location in downtown. have good training process. learning new things always. great coworkers.
A very good place to work with advancements and pensions
Administrative Officer (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB5 November 2012
I enjoyed working with the Province of Manitoba for approximately 21 years.
I started as an Institutional Supervisor, worked my way up to a Behavioural Counsellor and then moved to the financial end of my department learning the financial program that the Province of Manitoba uses to this day. In the end was able to train new staff in the program.
I didn't find any of the jobs hard once I got used to it.
As an institutional supervisor I worked the night shift and then as a behavioural counsellor I worked the evening shift and once these programs were closed by the government I worked the dayshift.
Pros
benefits were exceptional
Cons
didn't find any
Youth and Transition Student (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 August 2012
It was a great learning expirence, co-workers were amazing, absoultly loved the people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Province of Manitoba. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2