Provigo Employee Reviews

3 years as a cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC5 January 2017
I worked as a cashier there for 3 years. It had it's ups and downs and there were alot of changes throughout the years. The pros were definitely my coworkers. If you're a student, it's a good part time job, alot of young coworkers that make the job really entertaining. There were alot of cons though. Rude customers, very busy environment, getting called in to work during your day off. Scheduling was very strict too. I definitely felt a divide between higher management and those of us working minimum wage...Higher management was not very respectful towards us.
Pros
Fun coworkers, meet new people
Cons
Boring repetitive job, feeling like a robot
Fun work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, QC22 September 2016
I love the people the supervisors and the managers everyone was quite friendly. I would work part time and time would go by extremely quick. Ive learned important customer service skills how to talk properly and body language. Nothing was hard about the job I loved it.
n/a
Préparateur de commande (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC30 September 2016
- 8 heures de travail pour préparer les commandes des clients
- conduire les tranpallettes électriques
- les collègues sont sympatiques
- travail trop physiques qui expose les employers aux accidents de dos
Ever changing work environment
Manager Joe Frseh (Former Employee) –  Pierrefonds, QC6 June 2016
A typical day at work would be arriving at 7 am, checking the punch cards for my particular employees from the day before. Then heading into the department and doing a walk through taking notes on things that had to be done during the course of the day or week.
Once that was all done cleaning the department was done. Orders came in and merchandise had to be placed in accordance to a set floor plan designed my head office. Customer service was always our number 1 priority.
On the weekends I was responsible for sending out the pays for the entire store.
I also at one point in my many years with Provigo was the back store stock receiver and then went on to be the CAO analyste ( Inventory control )
good working environment
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 February 2017
mainly perform routine tasks, learned how to manage time, importance of employee training, company culture is very good.
Nice store
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee) –  Lévis, QC29 June 2016
This is a nice grocery. My coworkers were so respectful and working there made me happy. It met my expectations. I enjoyed that experience.
good work place
Cashier and customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Témiscaming, QC25 March 2016
-work at cash
-stock and face shelves
-help customers locate items
-long hours standing up, the store was not very organized
-great staff and good management
Convenient Job
Grocery Bagger (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 October 2015
As a grocery bagger, your job is to stand behind the cash and fill grocery bags for customers. When there are no customers, you keep busy by organizing the recycled bottles, by cleaning the store or by bringing the carts back inside from their outdoor shelters.

When you open the store, you must brume the parking lot as well as the interior of the store and face the fruits and vegetables. You must also turn on the lights.

When you close the store, you must close all the lights, bring the fruits and vegetables back into the refrigerators and lock up the store.
Pros
Close to home, no experience recquired, convenient work hours
Cons
Minimum wage, not particularly interesting
Social, public, busy and fun
Cashier and Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 October 2015
A job where the public contact is constant. Busy environment and patient required. Constant smile and positive attitude is required to give good service to the clients. You can change your shift with others employees. The employees and the environment is really great.
Pros
Cons
stable hours
The hardest part of the job
Assistant manager/clerk (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 October 2015
Hardest part of the job was to stay a wake for all night, 5 days in a week.

But i you want to gain experience , if you want to prove you self that you can do it??

Yes you can and yes you have to, because you are doing this for your self, your family.
I have aways worked with the people.Clients, co-workers,bosses and I love it. I can work with calls too.
Packer and cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 January 2015
A typical day at work is when everything works.I have been learning whole my lif with it..Manegement the several situations day by day is great. I need my co-workers.None works alone.The hardest part of the job is when I need to find a way to say no for some client. I like when the clients leave satisfieds.
Benefits
Cons
Manegement a hard situation
Good place to work and develop your communication skills.
Commis (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC1 June 2015
Provigo is a good place to develop your communicating skills because you will have to interact with clients here and there, it might be a little stressful at first for those who've never done it before but you do it once you won't have a problem doing it for a second time.
Caissiere (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 August 2012
A typical day at my work would perhaps be not so amusing (that is one of the reason I am searching for a new job)
I learned how to used a cash register.
The hardest part of my job is that I am not moving and simply standing behind a cash register
The most enjoyable is that I am surrounded by a lot of playful people.
Pros
break
Cons
not moving
Un peu de tout
Gérant de départements (Current Employee) –  St.-Hyacinthe, QC9 February 2017
Collègues amicaux, beaucoup de plaisirs à travailler là...suite aux coupures budgétaires, difficile de suivre le rythmes afin de combler les attentes grandissante des dirigeant.
Merci à la compagnie de m'avoir donner l'opportunité d'apprendre et de pouvoir grandir dans la compagnie.
Le service à la clientèle n'est pas donné à tous, mais tellement agréable de côtoyer plein de personnes différentes, les satisfaire s'est notre affaire.
Pros
Rabais 10%, assurance médicaments, bonification
Cons
Ambiance tendu, manque de personnel, conciliation travail-famille
Équipe efficace, direction étrange
Commis de viande (Former Employee) –  Saint-Laurent, QC19 January 2017
La prise de décision sur le plancher par la direction semblait chaotique et désordonnée. Le travail s'en trouvait légèrement affecté. L'équipe de travail était toutefois excellente. Mis à part les interventions de la direction, le travail était agréable.
Bon travail d'équipe
Responsable des caisses (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 October 2016
il faut apprendre à travailler vite et sous pression.
Ne surtout pas laisser les comportements désagréables de certains clients empiéter sur son humeur et sur le service qu'il faudra fournir aux prochains clients.
Aucun avantage pour les employés malheureusement (pas de réduction, rabais ou services qui t'encouragerai à rester fidèle à ton emploi)
les pauses ne sont pas toujours distribuées à l'avantage de l'employé mais plus de l'employeur (après 2h en principe l'employé est dû à une pause. Mais s'il y'a un rush ou un temps mort, l'employeur a tendance a demandé de donner les pauses trop tôt ou trop tard selon la situation)
Bonne ambiance entre collaborateurs
ce poste accentue le sens de la débrouillardise mais aussi du travail en équipe. (faire confiance à ses collègues, s'entraider)
Pros
Ambiance entre collègues
Cons
courtes pauses, avantages sociaux (assurances..)
Environnement de travail positif
Caissière (Former Employee) –  Saint-Sauveur, QC17 January 2017
Une belle journée de travail pour moi signifie, Avoir une belle collaboration de la pars de mes superviseurs & de mes collègues. Au provigo j'ai beaucoup appris le service a la clientèle.
Pros
Après 6 mois, rabais
bon travaille d'equipe
Poissonnier (Current Employee) –  gfhmgfhmgfh9 February 2017
bon travaille et esprit d'équipe , ainsi que facilite a bien comprendre son lieu et méthode de travaille .

Mes taches c'était pas mal de vendre du poissons au clients et de maintenir les lieu de travaille propres
mon avis
Benevolat (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 January 2017
C'était un travail que j'ai commencer a un très jeune age pendant que j'étais en secondaire 2. Cela ma permis a aider les gens et savoir c'est quoi le bien-être dans une societé
Pros
repas gratuits
Cons
courtes pauses
j'adore mon emploi
GÉRANTE DE METS PRÉPARÉS ET CHARCUTERIE (Current Employee) –  Baie-d'urfe, QC17 September 2016
le seul problème c'est que je demeure trop loin du magasin a laquelle je demeure. mais sinon les patrons sont gentil, comme toute compagnie il y a des problème mais en général c'est très bien !