Providence HealthCare

Providence HealthCare Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
exciting and fun being with the residence
Volunteer (Current Employee), Toronto, ONDecember 18, 2013
Pros: free coffee
Cons: long hours
As a International educated nurse a typical day at work in Providence healthcare gives me an idea how the health system in Canada works. It gives me the feeling of excitement since I came there as a volunteer giving meal assistance to the residence during their meals.

I learned how to appreciate my field, Nursing. I was assigned to Alzheimer's patients – more... and I had the opportunity not only to apply the correct intervention in certain situations but learn to appreciate life most of all.

The management I worked with gives me the room to grow and show me how the system works. I enjoy their company for they also shared their experiences.

Like the management, co-workers gave you the room to gain confidence and patience in team-building environment.

First day were always been the hardest part of the job since your start to create a system to prioritize things according to their needs.

Being in a team-building environment made me realized that this job are more enjoyable and made me feel at home. – less
Great organization and family oriented environment
Service Desk Analyst (Former Employee), ScarboroughNovember 21, 2013
Providence Healthcare was a great place to work. The joy of having worked with great people and in a family oriented environment goes without saying this is a great organization to work at.
It is a decent place to work.
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee), Toronto, ONOctober 27, 2013
Pros: different entrances
Cons: no free-parking
Front-line workers don't receive that much benefits as they should.
Fun work place working with great people
Volunteer (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJune 1, 2013
- came into work
- punched myself into the system
- did some friendly visiting
- helped some of the residents with meal assistance
- punched out
Great over all work atmosphere and amazing client based care.
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Extended Long Term CareApril 20, 2013
Providence Healthcare was an amazing clinical setting to be placed in as a first year nursing student. It was great collaborating with healthcare aids, doctors and physicians. Furthermore, Providence educated me about skills that one cannot learn in a book such as the impact of a nurse's care on a client or communicating with one who has cognitive impairment. – more... My overall experience at Providence Healthcare was an enjoyable and educational one. – less
Great working with seniors
Youth Volunteer (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONNovember 26, 2012
Pros: great people, good environment
Cons: n./a
- loved the elderly people
- kind place to work
- very nice setting and environment
- pleased to enjoy time spent with elderly
- pleased to see elderly enjoy time spent with me
- stories elderly told abot grandchildren/children..etc were life changing
nice ambience ,staff are friendly
Volunteer (Former Employee), Torono,OntarioOctober 13, 2012
with different case in the different floors and a good place to learn. learned to be flexible, able to manage my time properly with dealing with different residents and staff, happy with the staff cause they have different kind of atmosphere.
Productive but management was not on a professional level.
LPN Charge Nurse (Former Employee), Sparta, GANovember 4, 2014
A typical work day was not all that good but the hardest part of the job was getting management to realize that the needed supplies to give efficient patient care was not on hand.
Providence Project Management
Senior Project Manager (Former Employee), Portland OregonSeptember 13, 2014
Cons: occasional work at home days.
Major emphasis on religious activities which I did not have a problem with some may. Though it does fog decision making and resources. They tend shift your role as the wind blows ie project work and your abilities. They have a massive team rolling out EPIC and it appears to have continuous problems affecting all other projects. Poor program level leadership. – more... IT resources are over stretched and consistantly unavailable. – less
Patient Care
LVN (Current Employee), Waco, TxJune 4, 2014
The patients I care for are usually very challenging due to their mental state. This type care is very exhausting mentally and physically.
Enjoyed the patients and spending time getting to know them and seeing successful recoveries.
Unit Manager (Former Employee), indianaMay 24, 2014
Pros: relgious atmospher
Cons: over the top for hours worked vs salary
All 8 hour days turned into 10-12hrs or longer and being salary you didn;t capture the benefits of OT. On call was really to cover staffing call in's. The atmosphere was a hidden level of chaos however, the patients didn't feel it. Therapy staff is excellent and for the most part so was the nursing.
Generally a good place to work
Registered Nurse ICC/ICU (Current Employee), Waco, TXMarch 13, 2014
Seeing patients improve a return home is the most enjoyable part of the job.
Professional long and short term rehabilitation facility.
Certified nursing assistant (Former Employee), Palos Heights, ILMarch 2, 2014
Pros: employees eating together as a family.
Cons: having a 15min to 30min breaks are very good.
1.Typical day at work is to make sure that all patients are well taken care for all of their medical and rehabilitate personal needs.

2. What I've learned working at as an employee for this facility, is to make sure that i understand to be professional for all patients healthcare needs and give the proper information for each patients that may not – more... understand the quality of healthcare that will need to be given from day to day.

3. The management worked in a very professional way for all employees who may have had any problems that you may ran
up against while working.

4. All employees worked as team player for each other in a very professional way to help all patients for the best quality of care.

5. The hardest part of the job is to try being very positive around negative employees and patients who are not willing to work together.

6.The most enjoyable part of the job is when you have helped so many patients and employees accomplish all there healthcare goals. – less
Group Health review
Resident Aide/ Medication Technician (Current Employee), Seattle, WANovember 11, 2013
Pros: teamplayer and helping one another out when we were backed up or needed help
Cons: couldn't move forward. felt like i was at a stand still.
When I worked for Group Health and became more familiar with the EPIC software and also their Medical Home Modual. My coworker and team were great. The Family Practice was divided into 4 sections and I worked in all areas including pediatrics. Rooming the patients was the most enjoyable and important part of my job. The hardest part of my job was having – more... to do the statistical part which included alot of charting on behalf of the administrative management.

I did most all of what medical assistants do, except for alot of injections and wound care because we had a core dept that did that.
I would of liked to get the full HCA licensing, but at the time they did not allow MA to do injections or phlebotomy. – less
Admin Assistant (Former Employee), Port Elizabeth, ECOctober 9, 2013
Pros: medical aid benefits
Cons: it was a small company and chances of gorwth in terms of career there limited
I have worked from 08:00 to 16:30 from monda to friday.

I have learned how to operate switchboard and improved my telephone skills.

there was a close relationship between management of employees and amongst fellow employees

the hardest part is that there were only two people who were performing the admin assistant duties and you were also required – more... to do the switchboard operator duties. – less
fast paced productive place to work
PCT1/NURSE TECH/UNIT CLERK (Current Employee), Waco, TXMay 4, 2013
A typical day working there is the same as any other CNA job. The orientation process is long and very boring! This is especially true for a state certified nursing assistant. This company hires people who are not so most of your orientation involves the other orientees being taught what a cna already knows and it is unfortunate that they must sit through – more... it along with the inexperienced. Your experience with the whole process will depend upon what floor/unit you will be working on/for. My floor/unit seemed/seems very unorganized. Management/Nurses/PCT/Unit Clerks clique up and these cliques can make you or break you!!! (WARNING)
There seems to be a very high turn over for this company. The hardest part of my job besides making it through orientation is dealing with the cliques, laziness, and sloppiness of my co-workers/management. (All floors/units are different but it is a hospital and cliques are everywhere) The most enjoyable part of my job is gaining new experiences, learning how to better advance myself, and taking car of my patients. – less
Valuable learning experience working in the ER
Advocate/Registration Clerk ED (Former Employee), Waco, TXJanuary 1, 2013
Pros: great experience
Cons: late nights occasionally
I was exposed to the daily operations in the ER department. I learned alot from the Nurses and other staff.
Strictly worked in the IV-room , making IV's
Pharmacy Tech (Former Employee), Torrance, CA, Little Company of MaryApril 4, 2012
Pros: helping patients in need heal, great co-workers, help me with time management
Cons: upper management.
Trains employees on the proper technique of making IV medications
• Preparation of IV medication and delivery
• Preparation of Neonatal Specialized IV meds,
• Assisted in all aspects in the daily workflow of the pharmacy
• Worked directly with doctors and nurses to ensure safety
• Provide quality assurance
• Customer Service, answering phone calls and – more... directing them to the proper place. – less