Providence Health Care

Providence Health Care Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Good at the beginning
Licensed Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 24, 2015
It was a great place to work in the beginning but as the years went by the work load and number of patients one was responsible for increased and it became a strain on providing quality care.
fun workplace
NURSING ASSISTANT (Former Employee), Scarborough, ONApril 1, 2015
Pros: coworkers and events
Cons: poor management
people are very friendly and productive, however some management could serve to be a bit more polite. A typical day is 8hrs long but passes very quickly with good company.
It is a supportive and wonderful organization to be apart of
IV Infusion PICC Therapy RN (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 25, 2015
I believe that Providence Health Care is a leader in patient care and medical research. The management is supportive and that provides strong job satisfaction
Relaxed, but good productivity
Store Clerk (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: developed communication skills
Cons: co-op placement
Quiet workplace, lots of communication, nice atmosphere.
A great learning environment
Unit Coordinator (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 23, 2014
Greet patients and visitors at the desk in a friendly, courteous manner.
Coordinate admission o patients.
Assist nurse with room assignments when necessary.
Initiate labeled medical record on admission.
Assure prompt completion of admission diagnostic work with assistance from RN/LPN.
Notify nurse of any stat treatments or medication.
Coordinate discharge/transfer of resident.
Prepare medical record for discharge.
Answer telephone efficiently and courteously and relay messages and calls to appropriate personnel and patients. Also relay information to other departments as needed.
Answer patient intercom promptly and courteously and refer urgent requests to the nurse immediately.
Transcribe physician orders.
Make requisitions for diagnostic studies, make out Medication Administration Record (MAR) and Kardex and assure completion of stat orders.
Notify the nurse of new orders and assure orders are double­checked for transcription by the nurse.
fast paced and challenging work environment
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJuly 5, 2014
Terrific co-workers with similar values.
Not a lot of engagement with management
12 hour rotating shifts
Difficult client, real mix of cultures
Love the sense of team work and camaraderie with my co workers
A possitive educational opportunity
PSYCHITRIC NURSE (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 17, 2014
Pros: very good access to nursing educational opportunities
Cons: long comute to work
A typical day would include report from the previous shift, greeting my patients and administering medications. I would also lead groups and assist patients in personal care when required. Other duties would be to take vitals and perform other skills such as wound care and oxygen administration, safety checks and behavior care planning.

My co-workers make up a team of caring and enthusiastic people who are dedicated to making the stay of our patients as positive and healing as possible.

I have learned that the most important element of this job is treating patients and families with respect and empathy with the vision of improving their ability to cope with mental illness.

The hardest part of the job is having to discharge patients to a shelter as well as the unfortunate reality of patient suicide.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the satisfaction of making a difference in the lives of patients and families however small.
Great place to work.
Program Administration Assistant (Former Employee), VancouverMay 12, 2014
Pros: people
Cons: dealing with some shaddy clientale
Catholic organization.
Team environment
Reporting to Director, and maintaining their calendar, scheduling meeting, ordering cater, A/R, A/P, and any other duties required
workplace where you get to make people happy
part time (Former Employee), torontoMay 9, 2014
Pros: free lunches, working with seniors
Cons: long hours, bad smell
A typical work day was me interacting with seniors , making them feel welcome , getting them what they want like food or water. I gained a lot of communication skills ,i learned how to interact with different kinds of people from the grumpy ones to the sad ones.I really learned how to react to certain situations that occur during my work hours & solve problems. My co-workers were always in a positive motive really energetic and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was taking the seniors for a walk. The most enjoyable part of the job was trying to entertain the seniors
Nurse at Rehab Floor
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee), Toronto, ONMay 6, 2014
Pros: pot luck lunches
Cons: part time
I was responsible for 5-7 patients, which included providing daily care, medications, overall assessments, transcribing medications.
I have learnt how to work in a team setting.
Co-workers were a team. We always helped each other in difficult situations
The hardest part of the job was it was part-time. Thus, it was very difficult to know clients as per nurse-client relationship.
the enjoyable part of the job is that we all worked as a team. so even in stressful circumstances, i did not find it stressful, because there was always co-workers and manager to guide and help me
Productive and Professional work place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCMarch 15, 2014
Pros: gym
Loved working for this company. Excellent management style. The most enjoyable part of this company - I had a great boss.
Flexible work hours and assignments
Volunteer (Former Employee), Toronto, OntarioJuly 26, 2013
Pros: helping others, close to home
Cons: didn't pay
As a volunteer at Providence I was able to select the type of work I wanted and the days / hours I was able to come in to work.
Progressive work environment
Project Lead (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCJune 18, 2013
Good place to work with lot of challenges and exciting growth opportunities
Productive and Educating work enviroment
RN full-time and left as casual (Former Employee), Vancouver, BCApril 22, 2013
Pros: education
Cons: 12 hour shifts
Best place to work. 12 hour shifts. Good salary. Motivating work enviroment.
Great variety of duties.
Engineer (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCJanuary 26, 2013
my job consists of variety of duties. from doing chemical tests on the boiler to changing electrical ballasts on tube lighting. I have learned a wide variety of skills that help me in everyday life. Management is very organized and fair. my co-workers are very helpful. Hardest part of the job at times can be at times the most enjoyable part. Usually a major water leak in the building. Most enjoyable part of my job are the many different skills i have acquired working in this environment.
Fun, amazing volunteer work
Volunteer associate (Former Employee), Scarborough ontarioDecember 20, 2012
Pros: free coffee
I signed up for summer volunteer program at the gift shop and I had a wonderful time working there. I got to meet so many other volunteers in the healthcare and had an amazing management team. Now, my sister is volunteering there currently and she enjoys it just as much. Overall, it was a fun experience and I am glad I was given the opportunity to explore it.
Excellent Values
Registered Dietitian (Current Employee), Vancouver, BCNovember 7, 2012
Pros: downtown vancouver
Cons: advancement limited
The staff of Providence Health Care are incredible in their dedication and caring.
Good experience
Volunteer (Current Employee), scarborough OnAugust 17, 2012
Pros: free coffee
Cons: nothing
I was a part time volunteer. i love senior citizens.
daily rituals with them having them accompanied and help the nurses take care of them.
student nurse
Student Nurse (Former Employee), Toronto, ONJuly 16, 2012
Pros: i loved working as a student nurse
Cons: not enough hours, no pay
7-730 getting reports for 5-6 patients
730-1200 providing care to patients, administering medications, getting them ready for therapy, assisting with AM care.
1200-1230 lunch
1230-1500- doing other chores, like administering afternoon meds, answering call bellls, changing wound dressing, other medical procedures.

I loved working at providence with the team, it was enjoyable and fun. The hardest part of the job was not getting paid because i was a student.