Providence Health & Services Employee Reviews

great learning experience
Volunteer/ co-op student (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON20 March 2017
-its an institution all about rehabilitation, health and relaxation
-learned so much about the residents and the people who work there
-as a volunteer i fed residents, assisted them with any requests and worked in the nail salon
Productive, busy, good place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC14 March 2017
As a Records Management Receptionist I was responsible for directing incoming calls from physician's offices, general inquiries and internal hospital inquires. Performing other related duties which include pulling patient charts, copying documents, filing reports, etc.
Pros
Pleasant working environment, associating with all types of individuals
Cons
extremely busy office
good work life balance
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC6 February 2017
flexible hours, good vacation, fair pay. Good culture, nice people who really care. Not a lot of room for career growth.
Providence is a fantastic place to work
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 January 2017
I think providence is a very special place to work, again I cannot empesive how good Providance take care and look out for their stall. I feel so proud when I walked down the hallway to call providence home away from home. It is a spectacular place to work, you learn something new everyday, for that I am grateful to be on staff.
Pros
They provide a learning environment for both students and staff.
very good workplace
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2017
very organized and they give importance about the safety practice of all employees as well as their values. most fulfilling part of being a volunteer is that I am able to learn and help the elderly without expecting in return.
Compassionate Service, very friendly environment.
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2016
Great Healthcare professionals. Team work 100% experienced and observed. Always observe compassionate care given to residents. Management very nice to staff.
Typical day at work....beautiful
What I have learned....every resident is unique and needs care towards their specific lifestyles/health.
Management...fair, polite, always trying to do better for both staff and residents.
co-workers....wonderful people
hardest part of my job....good question
most enjoyable part of my job...interacting with residents
Pros
Family environment
It's the best!
ER Nurse (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 November 2016
Hindsight is I wish I never left! They have the best staff and treat clients with respect and dignity. I love the diversity and how they let you be you!
Pros
Family connections with staff
Cons
Clients can be very challenging
nice place to work
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2016
Great place to work. Employees opinions are valued. Leaders work along side you and care. They want to do what is right and not just do what has been done for 20 years because that is the way it is. This organization places value on those working here, the community it serves and wants to make it a better place to work
Providence Health Care
Casual Staffing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 October 2016
Providence Health Care has many departments, from administration to Care giving. The management teams in the coordinating and scheduling departments are lacking in professionalism.
Pros
Casual employees have flexible schedules
Cons
Disorganized management
The experience is great
CASUAL LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 October 2016
Challenging yet very fulfilling experience. Everyday is an opportunity to learn various things. It feels like home working with my colleagues. Amazing teamwork.
great place
Registered Practical Nurse Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2016
As a nursing student I learned a lot about rehabilitation and stroke management. Staff members are helpful. I had opportunity to learn nursing skills. good management
Productive and friendly workplace
Practicum Student (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 August 2016
I worked as a practicum student at Providence Health Care, Vancouver. It was an unpaid internship. My supervisor was great. she was very supportive.
It was very good experience in friendly and educative environment.
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2016
Our practice was very good organized and it gave me a lot of new skills and experience. Staff nurses were very helpful and friendly. Feedback from our clinical instructor was constructive and positive. We were working on the floor and had conference after that. It was discussions of all what we did during the day plus some new knowledge which we obtained from books, articles, internet research. Everything was produstive and very good for educational process. Atmosphera in the facility is always important for students' pratice. Most important that we got feeling that we belong there yet we can have help when it needed. This was my very good clinical practice in one of the best hospitals of Toronto.
Pros
Excellent expirience
Cons
Poorly structured management, not supportive
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 May 2016
I had a horrible experience with this company. I was bullied by management to the point of being called an idiot. Many employees on my unit were scared of management. I found that management was not professional.

Coworkers were great, and supportive. The nurses, doctors and other workers give 110% every day.
Pros
great nurses and co workers
Cons
not supportive with education and training.
Great place as a student
Admitting Clerk (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC5 January 2016
Phenomenal work environment for a student. As a casual employee you aren't entitled to benefits or stat holidays off, you are however paid 11.8% in the lieu of these, which is a great jump in hourly wage, hours are plentiful and flexible for people in school and everybody is very helpful to new hires.
Learning experience
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2015
Everyday is a same routine, that we open the doors, do front desk positions, assist everybody with their needs within my capabilities. Reception duties.
Pros
get invited to free lunches
Cons
big place and huge workload for minimal security
LNL property management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2015
I did not work there, I volunteer there over the summer.
I help out with the other works, I learned how to work hard and do my best work.
My job is always rewarding and fun!
Finance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 October 2015
Providence Health Care is wonderful place to work - everybody is extremely friendly and humble . My manager is always helpful and understanding - The benefits such as extended health care and pension plan are impressive. Everyone is treated the same here and we always have fun inside and outside our job.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Productive and Fun Place to Work
Records Processing Clerk (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC17 September 2015
My experience here was fantastic, as I was able to learn and advance my skills to help better myself as a person and as an employee.
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  toronto27 August 2015
Providence overall is an excellent place to work where there is lots of learning opportunities and fortifying nursing skills. On the down side, job security and advancement is difficult.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Providence Health & Services. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval