Providence Health & Services

Providence Health & Services Employee Reviews

Compassionate Service, very friendly environment.
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 November 2016
Great Healthcare professionals. Team work 100% experienced and observed. Always observe compassionate care given to residents. Management very nice to staff.
Typical day at work....beautiful
What I have learned....every resident is unique and needs care towards their specific lifestyles/health.
Management...fair, polite, always trying to do better for both staff and residents.
co-workers....wonderful people
hardest part of my job....good question
most enjoyable part of my job...interacting with residents
Pros
Family environment
Cons
It was very good experience in friendly and educative environment.
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 August 2016
Our practice was very good organized and it gave me a lot of new skills and experience. Staff nurses were very helpful and friendly. Feedback from our clinical instructor was constructive and positive. We were working on the floor and had conference after that. It was discussions of all what we did during the day plus some new knowledge which we obtained from books, articles, internet research. Everything was produstive and very good for educational process. Atmosphera in the facility is always important for students' pratice. Most important that we got feeling that we belong there yet we can have help when it needed. This was my very good clinical practice in one of the best hospitals of Toronto.
Pros
Excellent expirience
nice place to work
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 October 2016
Great place to work. Employees opinions are valued. Leaders work along side you and care. They want to do what is right and not just do what has been done for 20 years because that is the way it is. This organization places value on those working here, the community it serves and wants to make it a better place to work
Providence Health Care
Casual Staffing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC21 October 2016
Providence Health Care has many departments, from administration to Care giving. The management teams in the coordinating and scheduling departments are lacking in professionalism.
Pros
Casual employees have flexible schedules
Cons
Disorganized management
Poorly structured management, not supportive
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC20 May 2016
I had a horrible experience with this company. I was bullied by management to the point of being called an idiot. Many employees on my unit were scared of management. I found that management was not professional.

Coworkers were great, and supportive. The nurses, doctors and other workers give 110% every day.
Pros
great nurses and co workers
Cons
not supportive with education and training.
It's the best!
ER Nurse (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 November 2016
Hindsight is I wish I never left! They have the best staff and treat clients with respect and dignity. I love the diversity and how they let you be you!
Pros
Family connections with staff
Cons
Clients can be very challenging
The experience is great
CASUAL LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 October 2016
Challenging yet very fulfilling experience. Everyday is an opportunity to learn various things. It feels like home working with my colleagues. Amazing teamwork.
great place
Registered Practical Nurse Student (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2016
As a nursing student I learned a lot about rehabilitation and stroke management. Staff members are helpful. I had opportunity to learn nursing skills. good management
Productive and friendly workplace
Practicum Student (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 August 2016
I worked as a practicum student at Providence Health Care, Vancouver. It was an unpaid internship. My supervisor was great. she was very supportive.
Great place as a student
Admitting Clerk (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC5 January 2016
Phenomenal work environment for a student. As a casual employee you aren't entitled to benefits or stat holidays off, you are however paid 11.8% in the lieu of these, which is a great jump in hourly wage, hours are plentiful and flexible for people in school and everybody is very helpful to new hires.
Learning experience
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 December 2015
Everyday is a same routine, that we open the doors, do front desk positions, assist everybody with their needs within my capabilities. Reception duties.
Pros
get invited to free lunches
Cons
big place and huge workload for minimal security
My job is always rewarding and fun!
Finance Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 October 2015
Providence Health Care is wonderful place to work - everybody is extremely friendly and humble . My manager is always helpful and understanding - The benefits such as extended health care and pension plan are impressive. Everyone is treated the same here and we always have fun inside and outside our job.
Pros
Great work enviroment
LNL property management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 December 2015
I did not work there, I volunteer there over the summer.
I help out with the other works, I learned how to work hard and do my best work.
Registered Practical Nurse (Current Employee) –  toronto27 August 2015
Providence overall is an excellent place to work where there is lots of learning opportunities and fortifying nursing skills. On the down side, job security and advancement is difficult.
Productive and fun workplace with great potential for career growth.
Meal Assistant and Recreation (Volunteer) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2014
I learned that I have the passion of providing sincere supportive care to seniors and elderly persons while working in this facility. I value the opportunity each day that I can make seniors feel loved and cared for. It is very rewarding to see the smiles on their faces at the end of my shift, a sign of gratitude from them.
Pros
Hands on training as a Personal Attendant.
Nurse at Rehab Floor
Registered Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 May 2014
I was responsible for 5-7 patients, which included providing daily care, medications, overall assessments, transcribing medications.
I have learnt how to work in a team setting.
Co-workers were a team. We always helped each other in difficult situations
The hardest part of the job was it was part-time. Thus, it was very difficult to know clients as per nurse-client relationship.
the enjoyable part of the job is that we all worked as a team. so even in stressful circumstances, i did not find it stressful, because there was always co-workers and manager to guide and help me
Pros
pot luck lunches
Cons
part time
workplace where you get to make people happy
part time (Former Employee) –  toronto9 May 2014
A typical work day was me interacting with seniors , making them feel welcome , getting them what they want like food or water. I gained a lot of communication skills ,i learned how to interact with different kinds of people from the grumpy ones to the sad ones.I really learned how to react to certain situations that occur during my work hours & solve problems. My co-workers were always in a positive motive really energetic and fun to work with. The hardest part of the job was taking the seniors for a walk. The most enjoyable part of the job was trying to entertain the seniors
Pros
free lunches, working with seniors
Cons
long hours, bad smell
Quiet place, watching movies and escorting residents afterwards.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2015
Providence is a lovely residence, with nice residents and a friendly staff. Volunteering there was decent and only required kindness and patience when communicating and assisting the elderly.
Pros
Wasnt too difficult
Cons
was at night around 7pm. Would be home by 9:30
student nurse
Student Nurse (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 July 2012
7-730 getting reports for 5-6 patients
730-1200 providing care to patients, administering medications, getting them ready for therapy, assisting with AM care.
1200-1230 lunch
1230-1500- doing other chores, like administering afternoon meds, answering call bellls, changing wound dressing, other medical procedures.

I loved working at providence with the team, it was enjoyable and fun. The hardest part of the job was not getting paid because i was a student.
Pros
i loved working as a student nurse
Cons
not enough hours, no pay
Great variety of duties.
Engineer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 January 2013
my job consists of variety of duties. from doing chemical tests on the boiler to changing electrical ballasts on tube lighting. I have learned a wide variety of skills that help me in everyday life. Management is very organized and fair. my co-workers are very helpful. Hardest part of the job at times can be at times the most enjoyable part. Usually a major water leak in the building. Most enjoyable part of my job are the many different skills i have acquired working in this environment.

Providence Health & Services Reviews by Location