Providence College Employee Reviews

Good starting job
VIDEOGRAPHER (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI4 November 2017
Young leadership who are all engaged in getting the best product for their school. People who worked in my department were either students of PC, alumni, or associated with my school NEIT
Great place to work, loved the students
Assistant Director of Nurses/Student Health Center (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI16 October 2017
My job entailed assessing students when they came to health center ill. Schedule appointment with physician when needed. Assist physician with exam and carry out physician orders.
Pros
Working with college students
Cons
no cons
Grad Assistant Part time
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI10 October 2017
They paid for my tuition in grad school. I was a part time employee and it was worth it for the tuition, skills I learned, and transition into a business career.
Pros
work day started at 11am
Cons
not respected because I was a part time employee grad assistant
Awesome job!
Coordinator of Aquatics (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI2 August 2017
Boss was really great to work for, you knew where you stood with him and all assignments were completely understood. Hard work but definitely was worth it.
Undergraduate Research
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RI 0290813 July 2017
Self-guided research based on preset goals. Was given the tools needed to perform but minimal oversight. Once the original project was completed, was given free reign as to what the next project should be. Able to present on project and submit for publications
Pros
Self-guided
Cons
Self-guided
Awesome
Babysitter/Nanny (Former Employee) –  Stratford, CT24 May 2017
I love it. It is the best school in America. I could not see myself anywhere else. I cannot wait to see what the future holds for me after I graduate with my bachelors in Marketing.
Productive, flexible, and fun
HelpDesk Consultant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI23 May 2017
It worked well with my class schedules. The people were very friendly and professional even though were were all able to develop close friendships. I worked there for 3 years and really enjoyed it.
Pros
can do homework there
Cons
no breaks
Fun work Environment
Graduate Assistant Higher ED (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI25 April 2017
It was a valuable growing experience to prepare for actual job experience in a time period transitioning from college. Working with two great directors made the every day issues and work much enjoyable, and there was never a time when they would not extend assistance.
good place to work
Gym Attendant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI17 April 2017
worked at the gym and rec center easy and fun. Providence college is a great place to be and meet people. All the people that I came across are nice and down to earth.
Pros
fun
Cons
minimum wage
Good atmosphere
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI10 April 2017
The best part of the job is working with the boys to make sure that your building doesn't get vandalized and that the residents are safe.

The worst part is that the administration who tells you how to operate in the job at three in the morning is soundly in their beds with their wives and husbands in the selfsame hour.
great, friendly environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harkins Hall5 April 2017
I love working for PC. I am a student here and am working as a student worker in the Office of Institutional Advancement. It is a friendly working environment.
Excellent work environment
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Providence, RI4 April 2017
My boss and my co-workers are all excellent to work with. I thoroughly enjoy my time working in the Career Center at Providence College. There is never a lack of interesting assignments and I am always busy.
Pros
Free Coffee
Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI27 January 2017
Great community centered around athletics and within athletics. It was a great learning experience for both athletic training and within the counseling field.
Competitive
Student (Current Employee) –  Providence, RI12 December 2016
Very competitive and fast paced curriculum and culture which is preparing me for the real world. Very diverse and productive.
Na
Department of Economics, Student Researcher (Current Employee) –  Providence, RI17 November 2016
• Resolved issues with software, hardware, and network in administrative departments and classrooms
• Utilized customer service and interpersonal skills to serve faculty and staff on campus
Nice place to work, interaction with staff and students
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Student Helth Center1 June 2016
PC is a very nice place to work. My resume outlines the position and responsibilities. I was employed by them through an agency and it is only a 9 month position as the health center is closed during summer months..
Pros
Friendly atmosphere and nice place to work
Cons
No work in summer. Job is only a 9 month position
Valuable clinical experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI12 May 2016
I learned a great deal under my supervisor. As a potential Doctoral applicant my internship validated my interest in sport science and psychology.
School supports students
Associate Director, Career Education (Current Employee) –  Providence, RI12 May 2016
At the end of the day, the staff, faculty and administrators all work hard to provide services for the students. The staff I work with all care about the students and plan programming and events to help them succeed.
Pros
Holidays Off, Day Before/After Thanksgiving
Cons
Can not work from home
Great place to study and thrive
Division I Collegiate Athlete (Current Employee) –  Providence, RI4 January 2016
A fun community environment that promotes intellectual stimulation. Friendly staff and students that are like a "Friar Family". I could not ask for a better college experience so far. The athletic department is both extremely difficult and grueling yet fun and exciting at the same time.
Environment was equally as fun as it was productive
office assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI30 November 2015
Co-workers were always very selfless and would make time to assist anyone that asked. Students and parents that called or stepped into the office were always met with an upbeat personality and knowledgeable answers.
Pros
Worked around class schedule very well, short work shifts