Providence College Employee Reviews

Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (Current Employee), Providence, RIFebruary 18, 2015
Resident Assistant, Providence College, Providence, RI, May 2013-Present
• Manage a university residence hall floor of 54 diverse undergraduate students
• Run monthly floor meetings and conduct frequent room drop-ins to discuss event, developments, and concerns to ensure that
students are up to date on all pertinent information
• Enforce College and Residence Life rules and regulations resulting in a safe, orderly and enjoyable living environment
• Act as referral and resource for students under distress
Supportive department co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Providence, RIJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: support from department members, job security
Cons: lack of monetary support for my additional tasks, no room for personal growth within the position or department.
One of the strengths of my personal department is that I work with many caring and supportive people. Many are mindful of the many tasks I am responsible for and can be self-sufficient for menial tasks. Whenever I have concerns or issues I can typically work them out with my department's chair.

A typical day at work starts off with making sure the coffee supplies are properly stocked then I check emails, address any issues that may be pending including registration and course offering concerns. I utilize my student assistants to run errands, make copies or assist with any departmental projects. I am responsible for purchasing department supplies, videos, software. Monthly I run the department's budget balancing accounts and tracking purchases. Each semester I am responsible for drafting and updating the department course listings as well as pre-registration for a number of courses. Also in the Spring semester I am responsible for planning three major department events; Senior Reception, Honor Society Induction Ceremony and Edward Cleary Lecture series. Additionally each Spring I administer a questionnaire for rising seniors to choose their senior Capstone class, I am responsible for overseeing the questionnaire and assigning the students to one of their top 3 choice Capstone classes.

Lastly, for the past three years I have provided support such as document filing, copying, travel arrangements, schedules, luncheons and dinners for applicants for faculty tenured positions. And all other support the department needs from me in order to hire a new faculty member.
Constructive Independent Research
Latino Politics Research Analyst (Current Employee), Providence, RIDecember 30, 2014
With the guidance and mentorship of Dr. Affigne, I learned valuable techniques in creating and conducting a full study. This position has put me in close contact with political professionals as well as Providence College administration.
A great place to work
Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee), Providence, RISeptember 17, 2014
Pros: a great work environment
I truly enjoyed my experience with Providence College and the people that work on its campus.
Great school!
Entrepreneurship Society (Current Employee), Providence, RISeptember 16, 2014
I had an opportunity to work with alumni and ultimately craft the best organization on campus. PC enabled me to reach out to alumni, gain their trust and engage with them to provide an educational experience to both PC students and people off campus.
Very hard work
Office of Education (Former Employee), Providence, RIAugust 13, 2014
At Providence College, I have worked various jobs, including positions in the office of education, food catering, the art department and the transportation division. As an artist, I have devoted years to the development of my skills. Holding a concentration in oil painting and my own solo exhibition has given me the opportunity to learn about the installation, upkeep and dismantling of an art gallery. Working as a gallery sitter I have over watched various exhibitions and was given years of experience in a gallery environment.
Fun to work at
Game Day Staff (Current Employee), Providence, RIJuly 30, 2014
Pros: paid well
Cons: short hours
Everyone's friendly
learned more about each sport that I worked for while cleaning and organizing fields for the teams
Part time job with flexible hours
Coordinator of Graduate Student Teachers (Current Employee), Providence, RIMay 20, 2014
This job helps me keep up with new trends in education. I feel I have a lot to offer to aspiring teachers.
Productive and fun work place
Finance Tutor (Current Employee), Providence, RIApril 15, 2014
Pros: community environment
Cons: long hours
-tutor underclassmen in managerial finance 1
-time management
-no co-workers
-long hours
-helping others
Great school with a hefty punch of Catholic to the face
Undergraduate Research Technician (Former Employee), Providence, RIMarch 25, 2014
The biology department is great, but the rest of the school is lost in a narrow-focused Catholic view of the world.
Productive fun workplace
Athletic Marketing - Account Executive (Current Employee), Providence, RIMarch 13, 2014
You work hard, you work for hockey and basketball team. Long hours and weekends, if you love sports its a great job. People are great, atmosphere is fun.
Great University and Workplace
Secretary (Former Employee), Providence, RIJanuary 21, 2014
Work study position, working as a secretary in the Continuing Education Office.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Providence RINovember 4, 2013
PC is a great place to work and everyone is helpful and kind. The only drawback for me would be there is no room to "grow" within the college.
Enlightening experience
Research/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Providence, RINovember 1, 2013
Rewarding to help facilitate learning for over 100 students and to generate their interest in the field of psychology
Resident Assistant
Knights of Columbus Council Leader (Former Employee), Providence, RIAugust 22, 2012
I loved my experiences with residence life and it made me want to work within higher education.
Very challenging.
Professor of finance and investments (Former Employee), Providence, RIJune 7, 2012
An on the floor trading adventure which provided me an opportunity to increase my discipline skills.
Door Monitor (Current Employee), Providence, RIMay 23, 2012
Pros: hours are convenient and after classes.
Cons: cannot leave post whatsoever
Great experience as worker at school. Allowed me to interact with fellow students while doing home work.
Overall good feeling at most times.
Administrative Assistantt (Former Employee), Harkins HallDecember 20, 2011
Pros: good vacation schedules, good lunch facilities on campus, good benefits.
Cons: office equipment not always up-to-date.
Feeling of "family" was always present. Desire to get to work in the morning was strong because of the employers and their great attitudes. Always fair to employees, required proper dress (which I felt was a good thing). I was a young widow at the time that I went to work there and I always felt safe and at home while there.