Providence College

Providence College Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Friendly working environment
Providence College Student Commons Assistant (Current Employee), Providence, RIMay 27, 2015
Always plenty of tasks at hand to complete in order to assist the commons coordinators of the library. Work with management to assess what needed to be completed and work in teams with others to complete projects more efficiently. Mostly enjoyed working with others and learning new things about technology as well as customer service.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier at Schneider Arena (Former Employee), Providence, RIApril 29, 2015
I highly enjoyed being a cashier at Providence College's Schneider Arena. We typically worked mens ice hockey games, providing customers with their food and beverage needs.
Undergrad Experience
Chemistry Lab Assistant (Former Employee), Providence, RIApril 22, 2015
Worked here in various capacities as an undergrad. Great place to receive an introduction to scientific research and what it takes to be a successful scientist.
Productive and effective learning environment
Computer Lab Monitor (Current Employee), Providence, RIMarch 9, 2015
Providence College is a remarkable institution for students who are willing to learn and create strong relationships with professors in order to further their careers in the future. At Providence College, I have taken challenging courses taught by over- qualified professors where I have learned a lot over the past year and a half. I have also created great friendships and there are always activities going on around campus.
Answered phones
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee), Providence, RIFebruary 18, 2015
very pleasant people and I love the c ollege in general. Cant say enough good things about the education department and how things are handled around the office in a professional manner
Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (Current Employee), Providence, RIFebruary 18, 2015
Resident Assistant, Providence College, Providence, RI, May 2013-Present
• Manage a university residence hall floor of 54 diverse undergraduate students
• Run monthly floor meetings and conduct frequent room drop-ins to discuss event, developments, and concerns to ensure that
students are up to date on all pertinent information
• Enforce College and Residence Life rules and regulations resulting in a safe, orderly and enjoyable living environment
• Act as referral and resource for students under distress
Supportive department co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Providence, RIJanuary 5, 2015
Pros: support from department members, job security
Cons: lack of monetary support for my additional tasks, no room for personal growth within the position or department.
One of the strengths of my personal department is that I work with many caring and supportive people. Many are mindful of the many tasks I am responsible for and can be self-sufficient for menial tasks. Whenever I have concerns or issues I can typically work them out with my department's chair.

A typical day at work starts off with making sure the coffee supplies are properly stocked then I check emails, address any issues that may be pending including registration and course offering concerns. I utilize my student assistants to run errands, make copies or assist with any departmental projects. I am responsible for purchasing department supplies, videos, software. Monthly I run the department's budget balancing accounts and tracking purchases. Each semester I am responsible for drafting and updating the department course listings as well as pre-registration for a number of courses. Also in the Spring semester I am responsible for planning three major department events; Senior Reception, Honor Society Induction Ceremony and Edward Cleary Lecture series. Additionally each Spring I administer a questionnaire for rising seniors to choose their senior Capstone class, I am responsible for overseeing the questionnaire and assigning the students to one of their top 3 choice Capstone classes.

Lastly, for the past three years I have provided support such as document filing, copying, travel arrangements, schedules, luncheons and dinners for applicants for faculty tenured positions. And all other support the department needs from me in order to hire a new faculty member.
Constructive Independent Research
Latino Politics Research Analyst (Current Employee), Providence, RIDecember 30, 2014
With the guidance and mentorship of Dr. Affigne, I learned valuable techniques in creating and conducting a full study. This position has put me in close contact with political professionals as well as Providence College administration.
A great place to work
Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee), Providence, RISeptember 17, 2014
Pros: a great work environment
I truly enjoyed my experience with Providence College and the people that work on its campus.
Great school!
Entrepreneurship Society (Current Employee), Providence, RISeptember 16, 2014
I had an opportunity to work with alumni and ultimately craft the best organization on campus. PC enabled me to reach out to alumni, gain their trust and engage with them to provide an educational experience to both PC students and people off campus.
Very hard work
Office of Education (Former Employee), Providence, RIAugust 13, 2014
At Providence College, I have worked various jobs, including positions in the office of education, food catering, the art department and the transportation division. As an artist, I have devoted years to the development of my skills. Holding a concentration in oil painting and my own solo exhibition has given me the opportunity to learn about the installation, upkeep and dismantling of an art gallery. Working as a gallery sitter I have over watched various exhibitions and was given years of experience in a gallery environment.
Fun to work at
Game Day Staff (Current Employee), Providence, RIJuly 30, 2014
Pros: paid well
Cons: short hours
Everyone's friendly
learned more about each sport that I worked for while cleaning and organizing fields for the teams
Part time job with flexible hours
Coordinator of Graduate Student Teachers (Current Employee), Providence, RIMay 20, 2014
This job helps me keep up with new trends in education. I feel I have a lot to offer to aspiring teachers.
Productive and fun work place
Finance Tutor (Current Employee), Providence, RIApril 15, 2014
Pros: community environment
Cons: long hours
-tutor underclassmen in managerial finance 1
-time management
-no co-workers
-long hours
-helping others
Great school with a hefty punch of Catholic to the face
Undergraduate Research Technician (Former Employee), Providence, RIMarch 25, 2014
The biology department is great, but the rest of the school is lost in a narrow-focused Catholic view of the world.
Productive fun workplace
Athletic Marketing - Account Executive (Current Employee), Providence, RIMarch 13, 2014
You work hard, you work for hockey and basketball team. Long hours and weekends, if you love sports its a great job. People are great, atmosphere is fun.
Great University and Workplace
Secretary (Former Employee), Providence, RIJanuary 21, 2014
Work study position, working as a secretary in the Continuing Education Office.
Providence College
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Providence RINovember 4, 2013
PC is a great place to work and everyone is helpful and kind. The only drawback for me would be there is no room to "grow" within the college.
Enlightening experience
Research/Teaching Assistant (Former Employee), Providence, RINovember 1, 2013
Rewarding to help facilitate learning for over 100 students and to generate their interest in the field of psychology
Resident Assistant
Knights of Columbus Council Leader (Former Employee), Providence, RIAugust 22, 2012
I loved my experiences with residence life and it made me want to work within higher education.