Providence College Employee Reviews

Valuable clinical experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 12, 2016
I learned a great deal under my supervisor. As a potential Doctoral applicant my internship validated my interest in sport science and psychology.
School supports students
Associate Director, Career Education (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 12, 2016
At the end of the day, the staff, faculty and administrators all work hard to provide services for the students. The staff I work with all care about the students and plan programming and events to help them succeed.
Pros
Holidays Off, Day Before/After Thanksgiving
Cons
Can not work from home
Great place to study and thrive
Division I Collegiate Athlete (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 4, 2016
A fun community environment that promotes intellectual stimulation. Friendly staff and students that are like a "Friar Family". I could not ask for a better college experience so far. The athletic department is both extremely difficult and grueling yet fun and exciting at the same time.
Environment was equally as fun as it was productive
office assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RINovember 30, 2015
Co-workers were always very selfless and would make time to assist anyone that asked. Students and parents that called or stepped into the office were always met with an upbeat personality and knowledgeable answers.
Pros
Worked around class schedule very well, short work shifts
very fun and helpful
activity director assistant (Former Employee) –  Central Falls, Rhode IslandJune 1, 2015
A typical work day at Providence College consist of going to class, doing homework, hanging out with friends, etc. I loved the loving and caring environment. If I could go back to PC I would.
Pros
Friends
Cons
Lots of Homework
Friendly working environment
Providence College Student Commons Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 27, 2015
Always plenty of tasks at hand to complete in order to assist the commons coordinators of the library. Work with management to assess what needed to be completed and work in teams with others to complete projects more efficiently. Mostly enjoyed working with others and learning new things about technology as well as customer service.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier at Schneider Arena (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 29, 2015
I highly enjoyed being a cashier at Providence College's Schneider Arena. We typically worked mens ice hockey games, providing customers with their food and beverage needs.
Undergrad Experience
Chemistry Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 22, 2015
Worked here in various capacities as an undergrad. Great place to receive an introduction to scientific research and what it takes to be a successful scientist.
Productive and effective learning environment
Computer Lab Monitor (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 9, 2015
Providence College is a remarkable institution for students who are willing to learn and create strong relationships with professors in order to further their careers in the future. At Providence College, I have taken challenging courses taught by over- qualified professors where I have learned a lot over the past year and a half. I have also created great friendships and there are always activities going on around campus.
Answered phones
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 18, 2015
very pleasant people and I love the c ollege in general. Cant say enough good things about the education department and how things are handled around the office in a professional manner
Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 18, 2015
Resident Assistant, Providence College, Providence, RI, May 2013-Present
• Manage a university residence hall floor of 54 diverse undergraduate students
• Run monthly floor meetings and conduct frequent room drop-ins to discuss event, developments, and concerns to ensure that
students are up to date on all pertinent information
• Enforce College and Residence Life rules and regulations resulting in a safe, orderly and enjoyable living environment
• Act as referral and resource for students under distress
Supportive department co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJanuary 5, 2015
One of the strengths of my personal department is that I work with many caring and supportive people. Many are mindful of the many tasks I am responsible for and can be self-sufficient for menial tasks. Whenever I have concerns or issues I can typically work them out with my department's chair.

A typical day at work starts off with making sure the coffee supplies are properly stocked then I check emails, address any issues that may be pending including registration and course offering concerns. I utilize my student assistants to run errands, make copies or assist with any departmental projects. I am responsible for purchasing department supplies, videos, software. Monthly I run the department's budget balancing accounts and tracking purchases. Each semester I am responsible for drafting and updating the department course listings as well as pre-registration for a number of courses. Also in the Spring semester I am responsible for planning three major department events; Senior Reception, Honor Society Induction Ceremony and Edward Cleary Lecture series. Additionally each Spring I administer a questionnaire for rising seniors to choose their senior Capstone class, I am responsible for overseeing the questionnaire and assigning the students to one of their top 3 choice Capstone classes.

Lastly, for the past three years I have provided support such as document filing, copying, travel arrangements, schedules, luncheons and dinners for applicants for faculty tenured positions. And all other support the department needs from me in order to hire a new faculty member.
Pros
support from department members, job security
Cons
lack of monetary support for my additional tasks, no room for personal growth within the position or department.
Constructive Independent Research
Latino Politics Research Analyst (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIDecember 30, 2014
With the guidance and mentorship of Dr. Affigne, I learned valuable techniques in creating and conducting a full study. This position has put me in close contact with political professionals as well as Providence College administration.
A great place to work
Recruiting Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 17, 2014
I truly enjoyed my experience with Providence College and the people that work on its campus.
Pros
a great work environment
Great school!
Entrepreneurship Society (Current Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 16, 2014
I had an opportunity to work with alumni and ultimately craft the best organization on campus. PC enabled me to reach out to alumni, gain their trust and engage with them to provide an educational experience to both PC students and people off campus.
Very hard work
Office of Education (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIAugust 13, 2014
At Providence College, I have worked various jobs, including positions in the office of education, food catering, the art department and the transportation division. As an artist, I have devoted years to the development of my skills. Holding a concentration in oil painting and my own solo exhibition has given me the opportunity to learn about the installation, upkeep and dismantling of an art gallery. Working as a gallery sitter I have over watched various exhibitions and was given years of experience in a gallery environment.
Fun to work at
Game Day Staff (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIJuly 30, 2014
Everyone's friendly
learned more about each sport that I worked for while cleaning and organizing fields for the teams
Pros
paid well
Cons
short hours
Part time job with flexible hours
Coordinator of Graduate Student Teachers (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIMay 20, 2014
This job helps me keep up with new trends in education. I feel I have a lot to offer to aspiring teachers.
Productive and fun work place
Finance Tutor (Current Employee) –  Providence, RIApril 15, 2014
-tutor underclassmen in managerial finance 1
-time management
-no co-workers
-long hours
-helping others
Pros
community environment
Cons
Great school with a hefty punch of Catholic to the face
Undergraduate Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIMarch 25, 2014
The biology department is great, but the rest of the school is lost in a narrow-focused Catholic view of the world.

4.7