Providence College Employee Reviews

good place to work
Gym Attendant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI17 April 2017
worked at the gym and rec center easy and fun. Providence college is a great place to be and meet people. All the people that I came across are nice and down to earth.
Pros
fun
Cons
minimum wage
Good atmosphere
Resident Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI10 April 2017
The best part of the job is working with the boys to make sure that your building doesn't get vandalized and that the residents are safe.

The worst part is that the administration who tells you how to operate in the job at three in the morning is soundly in their beds with their wives and husbands in the selfsame hour.
great, friendly environment
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harkins Hall5 April 2017
I love working for PC. I am a student here and am working as a student worker in the Office of Institutional Advancement. It is a friendly working environment.
Excellent work environment
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Providence, RI4 April 2017
My boss and my co-workers are all excellent to work with. I thoroughly enjoy my time working in the Career Center at Providence College. There is never a lack of interesting assignments and I am always busy.
Pros
Free Coffee
Graduate Assistant Athletic Trainer (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI27 January 2017
Great community centered around athletics and within athletics. It was a great learning experience for both athletic training and within the counseling field.
Competitive
Student (Current Employee) –  Providence, RI12 December 2016
Very competitive and fast paced curriculum and culture which is preparing me for the real world. Very diverse and productive.
Na
Department of Economics, Student Researcher (Current Employee) –  Providence, RI17 November 2016
• Resolved issues with software, hardware, and network in administrative departments and classrooms
• Utilized customer service and interpersonal skills to serve faculty and staff on campus
Nice place to work, interaction with staff and students
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Student Helth Center1 June 2016
PC is a very nice place to work. My resume outlines the position and responsibilities. I was employed by them through an agency and it is only a 9 month position as the health center is closed during summer months..
Pros
Friendly atmosphere and nice place to work
Cons
No work in summer. Job is only a 9 month position
Valuable clinical experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI12 May 2016
I learned a great deal under my supervisor. As a potential Doctoral applicant my internship validated my interest in sport science and psychology.
School supports students
Associate Director, Career Education (Current Employee) –  Providence, RI12 May 2016
At the end of the day, the staff, faculty and administrators all work hard to provide services for the students. The staff I work with all care about the students and plan programming and events to help them succeed.
Pros
Holidays Off, Day Before/After Thanksgiving
Cons
Can not work from home

Want to know more about Providence College?

Ask a question
Great place to study and thrive
Division I Collegiate Athlete (Current Employee) –  Providence, RI4 January 2016
A fun community environment that promotes intellectual stimulation. Friendly staff and students that are like a "Friar Family". I could not ask for a better college experience so far. The athletic department is both extremely difficult and grueling yet fun and exciting at the same time.
Environment was equally as fun as it was productive
office assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI30 November 2015
Co-workers were always very selfless and would make time to assist anyone that asked. Students and parents that called or stepped into the office were always met with an upbeat personality and knowledgeable answers.
Pros
Worked around class schedule very well, short work shifts
very fun and helpful
activity director assistant (Former Employee) –  Central Falls, Rhode Island1 June 2015
A typical work day at Providence College consist of going to class, doing homework, hanging out with friends, etc. I loved the loving and caring environment. If I could go back to PC I would.
Pros
Friends
Cons
Lots of Homework
Friendly working environment
Providence College Student Commons Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RI27 May 2015
Always plenty of tasks at hand to complete in order to assist the commons coordinators of the library. Work with management to assess what needed to be completed and work in teams with others to complete projects more efficiently. Mostly enjoyed working with others and learning new things about technology as well as customer service.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier at Schneider Arena (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI29 April 2015
I highly enjoyed being a cashier at Providence College's Schneider Arena. We typically worked mens ice hockey games, providing customers with their food and beverage needs.
Undergrad Experience
Chemistry Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI22 April 2015
Worked here in various capacities as an undergrad. Great place to receive an introduction to scientific research and what it takes to be a successful scientist.
Productive and effective learning environment
Computer Lab Monitor (Current Employee) –  Providence, RI9 March 2015
Providence College is a remarkable institution for students who are willing to learn and create strong relationships with professors in order to further their careers in the future. At Providence College, I have taken challenging courses taught by over- qualified professors where I have learned a lot over the past year and a half. I have also created great friendships and there are always activities going on around campus.
Answered phones
Graduate Assistant (Former Employee) –  Providence, RI18 February 2015
very pleasant people and I love the c ollege in general. Cant say enough good things about the education department and how things are handled around the office in a professional manner
Resident Assistant
Resident Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RI18 February 2015
Resident Assistant, Providence College, Providence, RI, May 2013-Present
• Manage a university residence hall floor of 54 diverse undergraduate students
• Run monthly floor meetings and conduct frequent room drop-ins to discuss event, developments, and concerns to ensure that
students are up to date on all pertinent information
• Enforce College and Residence Life rules and regulations resulting in a safe, orderly and enjoyable living environment
• Act as referral and resource for students under distress
Supportive department co-workers
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Providence, RI5 January 2015
One of the strengths of my personal department is that I work with many caring and supportive people. Many are mindful of the many tasks I am responsible for and can be self-sufficient for menial tasks. Whenever I have concerns or issues I can typically work them out with my department's chair.

A typical day at work starts off with making sure the coffee supplies are properly stocked then I check emails, address any issues that may be pending including registration and course offering concerns. I utilize my student assistants to run errands, make copies or assist with any departmental projects. I am responsible for purchasing department supplies, videos, software. Monthly I run the department's budget balancing accounts and tracking purchases. Each semester I am responsible for drafting and updating the department course listings as well as pre-registration for a number of courses. Also in the Spring semester I am responsible for planning three major department events; Senior Reception, Honor Society Induction Ceremony and Edward Cleary Lecture series. Additionally each Spring I administer a questionnaire for rising seniors to choose their senior Capstone class, I am responsible for overseeing the questionnaire and assigning the students to one of their top 3 choice Capstone classes.

Lastly, for the past three years I have provided support such as document filing, copying, travel arrangements, schedules, luncheons and dinners for applicants for faculty tenured positions. And all other support the department needs from me in order to hire a new faculty member.
Pros
Support from department members, job security
Cons
Lack of monetary support for my additional tasks, no room for personal growth within the position or department.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Providence College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6