PROVIDENCE CARE Employee Reviews

See reviews about:
Love the patients, although management wants us to call them clients. Very poor management.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee) –  adult treatment & rehab6 April 2017
Poor management & no organization. PC does not understand mental illness & the safety risks involved. When staff are attacked - it is their own fault
Pros
assisting people who have a mental illness
Cons
lack of organization and poor management - long hours
Productive workplace
Student Practical Nurse (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB9 November 2016
I did my final practicum at Providence Care Center. I had an amazing experienced and practiced my time management. I finished and enjoyed my practicum because the staffs are friendly and easy to work with.
In a transition period.
Developmental Services Worker, Part-Time (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON22 August 2016
Currently in transition period. The work environment can be negative at times. The clients and co-workers are the best part about this job, and we are looking forward to the new hospital that is opening soon.
Great place to work!
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON8 March 2016
I really enjoy the opportunities this location provides to me. Very welcoming and willing to work with my school schedule
Amazing Opportunity
Therapy Student (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON2 March 2016
Amazing opportunity working along side physiotherapists, occupational therapists and recreational therapists. Assisted patients with their daily activities and workout plans. Demonstrated proper techniques and assisted when necessary. Wonderful experience and worked with amazing individuals.
Sr. Administrator
Executive Assistant, to VP, Operations & CFO (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON21 October 2014
Review appointments; ensure meeting packages are available; review all emails for both myself and the Vice President and response as necessary with all information requested. Follow up on reminders that are due that day or week as it relates to funding and timeframes; prepare correspondence; monitor accident reports and insure sufficient information is received and claims are filed; follow up on claims and vehicle repairs; respond to inquiries from the portfolio directors; ensure a smooth day at the office;
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Policies not always consistently applied
warmth and tenderness
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  kingston ontrio23 September 2014
it was a second home to so many, and touch my heart in so many ways, it was unexplainable.....treasured my volunteer time there...
Very well organized and always has the clients best interest
Attendant- Attendant Care Outreach Program (ACOP) (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON5 May 2014
Assisting my clients with all aspects of ADL in their homes. I was always learning new ways to improve my home visits through communication with colleague's, management, clients and family members. I thoroughly enjoyed the one-on-one relationships that I was able to build with my clients, and the best part of my day was knowing that they were happy with my services at the end of my visit.
Pros
Ongoing education for staff members
Cons
productive place to work with wonderful people
Infection Control Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON1 November 2012
It is a challenging job with something different to work on every day. Love my coworkers and supervisers. Even higher management is approachable.
Productive and pleasant workplace with healthy food and yoga classes
Human Resource Specialist, Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON5 July 2012
- Typical day is from 8 or 8:30 till 4 or 4:30. Fairly flexible: two days a week, when I dropped my son at school, I could come later.
- I have learned to manage the personal information and maintain database.
- Management is very busy, there is a mentor programs for employees.
- I enjoyed to be helpful.

- Co-workers are nice and kind, always ready to help.