Want to work for a great company? Protocol Technologies Inc. is a premier provider of IT solutions and support to the business community in the North Okanagan area. Providing a focus on “Making Technology Work” ensures our customers are provided with innovative technology solutions delivered by a team of IT professionals.
We are currently seeking a multi-talented Business analyst / Developer to join our technical team.
- Assess and scope business solutions for customers
- Design and build software solutions for a variety of customers on a variety of projects
- Serve as a business analyst and/or developer on project teams for all types of projects
- Work effectively with multidisciplinary teams of customer stakeholders, network analysts, account managers, and systems personnel
- Support, extend, and communicate methods and processes
Required skills and experience:
- Formal degree, diploma, and/or certifications from a recognized professional organization or professional development provider
- Minimum 2-4 years of relevant development experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft SQL, Microsoft VB .NET , ASP.NET, Microsoft Access and other Microsoft platforms, products, and tools
- Proficiency with Crystal Reports and other report writing software
- Proficiency with Microsoft SharePoint services, SharePoint 2010
- Advanced user-level skills in a variety of software including word processors, spreadsheets and databases
- Experience with data analysis and data modeling
- Demonstrated history of delivering completed projects
- Strong software engineering skills
- Good sense of usability, aesthetics, and human factors
- An ability to consult with a client on the application of technology in solving business problems
- Effective interpersonal skills. Proven ability to work effectively and diplomatically with a wide range of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Demonstrates the willingness, ability, and enthusiasm to learn new processes, methodologies or technologies.
- Proven knowledge and continuous learning of business analysis discipline and best practices. Demonstrated contributions to the continuous improvement of business analysis practices, methodology and implementation.
- Project management experience
- The ability to research and apply knowledge effectively