PROTOCOL GLOBAL SOLUTIONS Employee Reviews in Canada

Productive, Challenging and Fun with specific goals to work towards
Retention Agent / Technician dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Hamilton OntMarch 5, 2013
Protocol is a very fast paced call center so when you first start your shift you can expect to get right to work. The environment was really nice and you work with some great people as a team. The management staff is friendly and always willing to listen, help, coach and encourage you to excel. Bonuses and Incentives were amazing and challenging but made you feel a sense of accomplishment when you made your months goal. Hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers but with the training and just general experience you receive from working there, you learn how to deescalate and it makes the job much easier.
Pros
amazing bonus structure, incentives and opportunity of advancement
Cons
very busy
great place to work.
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONAugust 28, 2015
Great pay, great coworkers. Very relaxed yet professional environment. flexible hours and enjoyed the commission we got. would highly recommend to others.
its ok
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  hamiltonAugust 2, 2015
learnt a lot at this place, to cook clean properly , different cultred food was not always the same, great people lots of fun moved on to bigger and better things
sociable work place, fun & flexible
Customer Contact Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONSeptember 24, 2012
-making calls to credit card customers/ selling insurance
- I learned to be persistent in sales
- the management was great, everyone was always friendly
- co-workers were also very diverse and pleasant
- the hardest part of the job was taking numerous calls without a break & reaching sales goal
- the most enjoyable part of the job was working as part of a team & the rewards and intensives that came with sales.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
saturday shift was mandatory
Protocol (now APAC)
Customer Contact Representative (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMarch 31, 2014
A typical day for myself and my team involves outbound sales. Since our demographic is small the sales can be very difficult to obtain. It's really a numbers game. The hours are not consistent. It is very difficult to make plans for certain times since the hours can change mid-way through the day. For my team this does not help morale. There is an attempt to make things easier and better but this doesn't always work out that way. We do know the thought is there. The communication is very open.
I have learned what not to do as a coach/supervisor and what a good coach/supervisor should do. I have also held this position in another center and temporarily filled it at this center as well.
The management tries very hard to make the day fun and always has our back if it's needed.
The hardest part of the job is making sales. My campaign can only be sold to a small demographic.
My co-workers are great. I have never worked with such a great group. Seeing them every day is the most enjoyable part of my job. That and receiving a pay check of course.
I have been here three years and 2 years in the past. If I can go work there twice it can't be all bad.
Pros
commission can be made, open communication between reps and management, central hamilton location
Cons
non-consistent hours for some, do not always get an answer to a question
good job
Telephone Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONApril 5, 2015
amazing managers as wells as supervisors, great place to work, mostly outbound calling but its a steady job. id recommend it for a younger crowd just starting out or someone who's looking for a job when they're in their 50+.
Pros
steady hours
Cons
outbound calling
This was a horrible company to work for
Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, OntarioSeptember 18, 2012
Your schedule was never a definite thing, even when you were considered a veteran and knew all there was about your department, so you could be closing one night until 11pm, and scheduled in the next morning at 6am. They would say that this was not done, because it is an illegal practice... and if you brought it up, your hours would be reduced to make it "legal" When I was there, I worked for 6 months without getting a proper commission check because "their reporting system was broken and needed to be fixed" It took about 6 months and Employment Standards to issue me a check (but they fudged the numbers, because I got about half of what I really earned)
Pros
there are no pros.
Learned how to be a successful sales rep
customer service reps (Current Employee) –  hamilton, OnOctober 12, 2012
Protocol is a great company, they gave me the opportunity to go to school and work at the same time.
Excellent management, and great team.
Telemarketer
Telemarketer (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONOctober 30, 2013
Outbound calling.
Dealing with upset customers.
Pitch current promotions to existing as well as non-existing customers.
Pros
the opportunity to learn how to rebuttal
Cons
low pay
Environment
Customer Contact Representative (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONMay 11, 2013
Good environment to work in with good people. Great summer job for students
benefits
Cons
maintaining consistency in meeting sales goals
Fun Place if you want to live in the dark.
Call Campaign Manager (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ONDecember 6, 2013
you work technically from 6am till 7pm at night thats just from when you have to wake up and when you get home. the hours can be horrible, the managment is 2 faced they are good and productive one day and not the next.
Pros
met some good friends.
Cons
no life.