The Prostate Cancer Centre (PCC) is a non-profit organization in Calgary located at the Rockyview General Hospital. The PCC’s mission is to provide current information and education, facilitate diagnosis and research, and coordinate community and family support for men with prostate cancer
The PCC has many resources for men with Prostate Cancer, including experienced volunteers, an active resource centre and many clinical programs that support men and their families including wellness living programs and clinical research.
Reporting to: Medical Manager
Start Date: Immediate
Classification: Full Time
The Clinical Administrative Assistant will support the clinical staff of the PCC by performing clinical and operational tasks necessary for day to day operations. Overall responsibilities include administrative and reporting duties, as well as collaborating closely with the managers, office assistants, and other staff to assist in implementing, and executing objectives/goals of the PCC’s clinical operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform various administrative duties (e.g., scanning of documents, word processing, faxing, typing meeting minutes, etc.)
- Support the ordering of medical, office, and other supplies
- Assist with inventory of medical and office supplies
- Planning and scheduling patient appointments
- Oversees the setup and preparation for meetings
- Organizing and maintaining files
- Collect mail and packages when necessary/Ship products when necessary
- Sharing information via email, telephone, internet and mail
- Assist visitors in the PCC if a volunteer is not available
- Perform other administrative duties as necessary to enhance the efficiency and quality of PCC’s clinics
Education and/or Experience:
Must possess a high school diploma. A Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree preferred. Hands-on working experience as a medical/administrative support personnel would be very beneficial. Excellent communication, organizational, and PC skills required. Strong customer service skills and a general understanding of patient/client confidentiality issues would be an asset.
Any essential training will be provided if necessary
Regularly required to sit; frequently required to reach with hands and arms, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk or hear; must be able to lift objects up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
PROFICIENCY IN THE FOLLOWING SYSTEMS REQUIRED:
- Copy machines
- Fax machines
- Telephone systems
- PowerPoint presentations
- Microsoft Office Suite (including Word, Excel, and Outlook)