REPORTING TO: Manager, ASAP
TERM: 1-Year Contract
TEAM: Support Services (Research, Health Promotion and Survivorship
A Survivorship Action Partnership (ASAP) is a trans-disciplinary collaborative network that aims to offer evidence-based support services to improve the physical, mental and spiritual wellbeing of prostate cancer survivors and their partners, caregivers and family members across Canada.
ASAP member organizations will develop, pilot test and implement interventions that will include IT solutions. The IT Project Manager will work in collaboration with ASAP partners across Canada to coordinate the integration of the solutions from the IT/Web perspective, and liaise with the IT personnel located in Australia. The IT Project Manager will also work with Prostate Cancer Canada (PCC) in the integration of ASAP web components with relevant content currently available on the website.
SUMMARY OF JOB
The IT Project Manager provides project-related support for the execution of Information Technology projects, focusing primarily on the integration of IT solutions. As the liaison between system/application subject matter experts, ASAP member organizations, project managers and other members of the organization, the IT Project Manager is responsible for the coordination and communications regarding the projects and ensuring that that all collaborators are kept fully informed and aligned.
The IT Project Manager works with technology specialists to communicate goal and deliverable specifications; monitors the requirements and progress of IT projects; communicates goals, outlines approaches and makes adjustments within the constraints set to achieve the optimum results; identifies, communicates and minimizes potential risks; communicates changes required to ensure project results conform to branding, quality, time and budgetary stipulations; solves any conflicts that arise; maintains an appropriate relationship with collaborators; and ensures that the project results are comprehensible to management.
Coordination and Integration
- Work with ASAP project managers and vendors to coordinate the planning, development, pilot testing and evaluation of IT solutions, including items related to IT infrastructure, web development and media development.
- Identify opportunities for integration and work with IT personnel and IT vendors to align solutions and involve ASAP project managers accordingly.
- Liaise between ASAP project managers, ASAP manager and the IT personnel to ensure successful integration of ASAP web-based and mobile solutions into ASAP’s online portal.
- Translate ASAP technology requirements into functional requirement documents.
Communication and Support
- Initiate conversations and manage communications via telephone, email or ASAP’s online platform in order to gather or share information as necessary.
- Manage daily schedules and meetings with ASAP project managers and any necessary third party contractors.
- Communicate with project managers regarding work schedule and verify that the execution of work in done in a timely manner.
- Provide additional clarification or guidance to project managers on tasking instructions, turn-around expectations, funding requirements, and other information, materials or resources needed.
Technology Requirements and Stakeholder needs
- Communicate ASAP system needs to project managers, vendors and IT personnel, and verify that the information is accurately documented and presented.
- Identify and communicate potential project risks and issues to ASAP project managers, ASAP manager and vendors.
- Respond to ASAP collaborators’ technology needs, coordinate with necessary contractors to resolve technology issues and concerns, and ensure compliance with ASAP solution design parameters.
- Produce project management documents and progress reports.
- Prepare functional requirements and technology integration project documentation.
- Verify ASAP collaborators understand and sign-off on documents before development commences.
- ASAP project managers who will be responsible for planning, developing and implementing ASAP solutions.
- Marketing and Communications department at PCC.
- IT personnel at Movember Foundation.
- Member organizations and vendors.
- Director of Support Services and ASAP Manager.
- IT health care related degree or IT/computer sciences degree with health care management experience.
- Project management certification or equivalent experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in healthcare IT projects (IT analyst role or IT project management, preferably in a health care environment).
- Knowledge of web development and design.
- Understanding of IT architecture, software and applications, including mobile apps.
- Experience with patient portal systems is an asset.
- Ability to plan and coordinate complex activities, organize multiple tasks and prioritize work.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated collaborative approach to working with a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
Please apply by February 28th, 2014. Thank you for your interest; however, only those candidates moving forward in the process will be contacted.