Prospero is a leader in the design and development of custom learning solutions that leverage the best educational technologies in a unique and cost effective way.
We require Instructional Designers of all experience levels in Montreal and Toronto and off-site throughout Canada for both contract and placement positions.
Our ideal candidates have a proven track record designing and developing custom e-Learning, blended learning and instructor-led training solutions. We especially welcome individuals who embody the following qualities and characteristics: service-oriented, results-driven, thinks strategically, self-starter, innovative problem-solver, embraces change, motivated by challenges, and is a good team player.
- For educational or corporate training products, assemble content and decide how to present this information using the best available educational strategies and practices. This includes taking into account how the content should be presented to appeal to a variety of learning styles.
- Assess customer learning/training systems, identify gaps, and implement solutions.
- Oversee project initiation with respect to scope of project, confirmation of roles and responsibilities, and development of work-plans and schedules.
- Develop and maintain all applicable project documentation, including project charter, schedule, project budget, and transition plan.
- Document, communicate & administer key project management processes.
- Work closely with customers, project managers, and development teams.
- Undergraduate degree (minimum). A graduate degree in a related field such as Educational Technology, Education, or Instructional Design is an asset.
- Working knowledge of learning theories and their application in electronic training methods.
- Experience in applying common instructional design techniques and learning theories.
- Strong understanding of the benefits and application of multimedia and Internet technologies for achieving learning objectives.
- Ability to make independent decisions to trade off features against available development time and resources.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent project planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to give presentations.
- Effective problem-solving skills with an ability to provide strategic input into customer requirements.
- Ability to remain objective, and base recommendations and decisions on sound business principles and user requirements.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize with little direction.
- Be comfortable in a job that is frequently self-directed and have the self-motivation to get the job done.
As well as the skills and attributes listed above, the following would be considered an asset:
- Experience designing for virtual ILT sessions
- Experience in or knowledge of all aspects of multimedia production.
- Knowledge of rapid e-learning authoring tools such as Captivate, Articulate and Lectora.
- Experience working with Learning Management Systems (LMS) and e-Learning standards (AICC/SCORM).
- Bilingual capabilities (verbal and written).
The successful candidate will be offered a compensation package that is both competitive and commensurate with experience.
We thank all applicants. However, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Please, absolutely no phone calls or inquiries from agencies. You will be ignored.
Indeed - 5 months ago