Prospero Learning Solutions Inc. is a leader in the design and development of custom learning solutions, especially e-Learning and mobile learning. We offer our clients complete solutions to all of their custom learning and performance improvement needs.
Prospero has a new opportunity for an experienced e-learning developer with a solid programming background to become one of our e-learning architects. This is a full-time contract or possibly full-time employment position for onsite work at our Toronto or Montreal offices.
Primary Job Responsibilities include:
- Design and develop mobile training solutions using Flex or Flash Builder (or equivalent) for coding and UI development
- Extend the HTML5 and Mobile capabilities of our industry’s standard rapid development authoring tools, ones we use for e-learning development, including Articulate Storyline and Adobe Captivate.
- Design and build working prototypes of learning solutions that are destined for delivery anywhere including mobile. Lead us to the cutting edge.
- Participate in Prospero's R&D into new authoring tools and mobile technologies, especially as we expand on our successes with tablet-based learning
- Maintain and improve Prospero's custom AS2 and AS3 Flash templates and our code library.
- Package Prospero's courseware for delivery to clients on their systems, including enterprise learning management systems (LMS).
- Participate in the production of our custom e-Learning development projects using a variety of authoring platforms and promote best practices while doing so.
- Resolve technical issues arising out of quality assurance testing, and production issues.
- Assist our instructional designers in the development of storyboards that accommodate the limitations and opportunities of various platforms and authoring tools
- Work with our project managers and team leads to define functional specifications, to monitor project deliverables and timelines, and to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Mentor other members of the development team
We are looking for some essential skills and experiences, including:
- At least 5 years' experience working on corporate project teams, both as team member and team leader
- At least 3 years' experience producing e-learning for a variety of platforms
- Formal post-secondary education in computer programming, web design and/ or multimedia development
- Knowledge of how to implement SCORM standards for communication and tracking with enterprise LMS (SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004, and Tin Can API for mobile apps)
- Advanced skills in Adobe's Creative Suite. An ability to work in Flex or Flash Builder is a plus.
- Advanced multimedia production skills (flash, video, audio, and/or 3D)
- Knowledge of standard platform and management tools (like SVN for version control)
- Good organizational skills and an aptitude for solving problems
- Attention to details and a proven ability to stick to given timelines and budgets
- Bilingual: an ability to communicate in English and French. This is especially important for Montreal-based candidates.
- Canadian citizenship, permanent residency, or valid work permit (Mandatory)
The ideal candidates might have experience:
- working in a corporation in a team environment or as a freelancer and therefore understands project-based work, with fixed budgets, timelines, and customer service
- with rapid e-Learning authoring tools such as Articulate Storyline, Articulate Studio, Lectora, and Captivate, among others
- building content for mobile and tablet-based applications
You must also have an online portfolio that reflects your passion for learning, well-designed multimedia and a good end-user experience.
- Full-time, Monday-Friday, 9:00am-5pm
- Working on site in our Montreal or Toronto offices
- Reporting to a Project Manager
Indeed - 2 years ago