Food importer and distributor requires a dynamic Shipper-Receiver to join our team. The incumbent must possess a high level of organization and must be able to work with a minimal level of supervision.
- Verify and maintain records for all company incoming and outgoing shipments.
- Recognize and compare identifying information including counts and weights of incoming and outgoing shipments to verify documentation and enter such transactions into appropriate systems as required.
- Prepare all related shipping and receiving documentation.
- Co-ordinate logistics for product shipments. Scheduling of daily delivery runs and outside freight carriers if necessary.
- Maintain accurate records related to all product shipments and deliveries.
- Ability to communicate status of shipping and receiving activities to internal staff, customers and/or vendors as required.
- Track, record and report product shortages and/or damages. Co-ordinate returned materials authorization process where necessary and enter into appropriate systems as required.
- Prepare appropriate shipping information, instructions and/or labels when necessary
- Record receiving information on appropriate forms and enter into the system if requested and/or required.
- Agree receipt of all shipments with the corresponding purchase orders and record all appropriate information including all lot codes, quantities, weights and description of product.
Requirements and Qualificatons:
- Must have a minimum of 3-5 years of related work experience
- Completion of high school.
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong administrative and computer skills.
- Forklift Certification
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written English skills)
- Superior level of organization
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Must have a positive attitude
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, client time-sensitive and sometimes stressful environment
- Have a reliable means of transportation.
Salary commensurate with experience. Group health plan
Indeed - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -