Prospera Credit Union Employee Reviews in Canada

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Good Environment, Good team.
Credit Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Union, ONNovember 25, 2015
A typical day at work; collecting monies owed on overdue accounts including Lines of Credit, Loans and NSF Cheques. During a day you would typically go through a list of people owing money and call them to set up payment arrangements. I would also have to call homeowners for insurance payment on homes. I looked after the Bankruptcies and filed the Proofs of Claim. Occasionally I would re write a line of credit into a loan. Interactions with managers re something to do with a debtors account.

Management was knowledgeable and approachable.

The team of employees I worked with all got along very well.

The hardest part of my job was the odd irate debtor, however, I enjoyed the challenge of being able to calm them down and continue a good relationship with them
Pros
Good Team, Good Pay, Good Benefits
Cons
No cons, this was a good job.
Great people
MARKETING (Current Employee) –  BCNovember 15, 2013
A great group of people to work with. The organization has a genuine interest in retaining employees and fostering a great culture.
Pros
great corporate culture, excellent benefits
Cons
poor communication internally
A good place to work.
Collections Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Abbotsford, BCApril 12, 2013
Daily work included calling clients on overdue lines of credits, loans, mortgages and late insurance payments on mortgages. Filling out bankruptcy papers and formatting various letters inter company and publicly. The management was very nice personally. Co-workers and I worked well together.
Having collection experience before getting this job helped me to do this job better. Learning the financial end of collections was not hard but a bit different to work with. I enjoyed working with the public and being able to resolve issues in a win win situation for both client and Prospera Credit Union.
Pros
broadened collections experience
Cons
n/a