Could you persuade someone to consider hiring Richard Branson?
Did you know that the billionaire Richard Branson has dyslexia? For many organizations, any type of disability is a tough sell. That’s why we need a persuasive Workforce Consultant in Calgary, AB.
As one of Alberta’s leading not-for-profits, Prospect lives by four words: Break barriers. Employ change. Anywhere people face barriers to employment, we’re there to help. A big part of that job is educating employers and creating workforce capacity so that organizations are open to hiring people with disabilities and removing barriers for the underemployed.
Our Workforce Consultants are responsible for generating leads and building and maintaining relationships in the business community and with industry associations. They are also responsible for increasing awareness of integrating the underemployed into the workforce.
What does it take to do this job?
- Ability to build relationships at senior levels and with those who make decisions.
- Relationship management skills and providing solutions to achieve successful outcomes.
- Knowledge of Diversity and Inclusion of people with disabilities and other groups facing barriers.
- A passion for creating awareness and breaking attitudinal barriers.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong influencing skills with the ability to be tenacious and results oriented.
- Strong communications skills – written, oral and public speaking.
- Experience researching and analyzing data; recommending and implementing solutions.
- Strong presentation and facilitation skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft office products.
- A people person who can inspire others to do great things. Just like Richard Branson.
You must have a post-secondary degree in business or related designation combined with a minimum of three years’ related experience in a corporate setting. A high school diploma combined with a minimum of five years’ related experience will also be considered. Additionally, you will have experience promoting awareness through various types of media such as event planning, materials and networking.
Prospect strongly believes in its five brand pillars and is looking for great candidates who share the same beliefs:
Prospect creates change by envisioning the end game and creating the means to realize it. We believe asking “why not?” aids progress. Solutions are created when we think beyond traditional boundaries.
Prospect seeks different perspectives. All parties must be engaged, including for-profit, not-for-profit, funders and government. Only by understanding all points of view can we create inclusive workplaces.
In every facet of our work, our actions show a commitment to professional management and service delivery. Prospect is accountable, ethical and honest.
Prospect approaches every opportunity with enthusiasm. We drive change with energy, optimism and commitment. Anyone who walks through our doors can feel the positive energy.
We are driven by the desire to promote human welfare and advance social reforms in the working world. While our commitment is all heart, our solutions are all business.
To apply for this position please send a resume and cover letter for review. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match Prospect’s requirements will be contacted. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
All applications will be reviewed by Salopek & Associates and will remain in strict confidence.
For more information on Prospect please visit: www.prospectnow.ca.