Be that person at cocktail parties who has the really interesting response to “So, what do you do for a living?” We’re looking for a Program Manager for one of the most innovative and successful employment diversity programs in Alberta.
As one of Alberta’s leading not-for-profits, Prospect lives by four words: Break barriers. Employ change. Anywhere people face barriers to employment, we’re there to help. A big part of that job is educating employers and creating workforce capacity so that organizations are open to hiring people with disabilities.
Our Program Manager is responsible for increasing the participation of persons with disabilities in the workforce by engaging employers, career and employment service providers, and persons with disabilities to build employer capacity and ensure diversity and inclusion.
What does it take to do this job?
- Strong influencing skills at the executive level and with those who make decisions.
- You are a relationship builder who is considered personable, but tenacious.
- Knows how to identify business drivers and understand business acumen.
- Strong communication skills – written, oral and public speaking.
- Experience creating and facilitating large events.
- Strategic and critical thinker who builds plans that will support the growth of diversity in the corporate world.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Visionary – has the creativity to develop strategies that will create an environment where diversity and inclusion are accepted into the workforce.
- Results-driven – understands the business and how to achieve its goals and objectives.
- Strong organizational and project management skills that will take an initiative from inception to implementation.
- Self-motivator who takes the initiative to drive change.
- Proficient with Microsoft office products.
You must have a minimum of 5 years related experience working in a corporate business environment at the management level with a focus on Diversity and Inclusion. Additionally, previous experience managing a project in an urban and rural centre is required.
Prospect strongly believes in its five brand pillars and is looking for great candidates who share the same beliefs:
Prospect creates change by envisioning the end game and creating the means to realize it. We believe asking “why not?” aids progress. Solutions are created when we think beyond traditional boundaries.
Prospect seeks different perspectives. All parties must be engaged, including for-profit, not-for-profit, funders and government. Only by understanding all points of view can we create inclusive workplaces.
In every facet of our work, our actions show a commitment to professional management and service delivery. Prospect is accountable, ethical and honest.
Prospect approaches every opportunity with enthusiasm. We drive change with energy, optimism and commitment. Anyone who walks through our doors can feel the positive energy.
We are driven by the desire to promote human welfare and advance social reforms in the working world. While our commitment is all heart, our solutions are all business.
To apply for this position please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume for review. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match Prospect’s requirements will be contacted. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
All applications with be reviewed by Salopek & Associates and will remain in strict confidence.
For more information on Prospect please visit: www.prospectnow.ca.