Is this the best HR job in Calgary?
We think so. Then again, how does one measure? Is it better than being the HR Director at Crave Cupcakes? Or WestJet? Those are pretty good jobs, especially considering the potential for free stuff. Mind you, we do great work too. Prospect is one of Alberta’s leading not-for-profits. We break barriers for people who have difficulty getting jobs. As our Director of Human Resources and Organization Development, you’ll be the architect of job satisfaction for a motivated, highly skilled team of people who are doing some serious good for Alberta. You’ll be in charge of recruiting, hiring, and managing day-to-day human resources requirements. Where things get even more exciting is with the opportunity to create and implement an organization development plan. This won’t be just another bullet on your LinkedIn profile. You will develop next-generation thinking to help us serve our clients, manage performance, and address our growing needs across geographic locations. You’ll facilitate the continuous improvement and learning of our people. If you’ve ever been so frustrated with bureaucracy that your blood pressure looks like the TSX Composite Index, now’s the time to make a move. Here you’ll be a key part of our management team who will help shape the future of our people, programs and practices.
What does it take to do this job?
- Sound knowledge of current labour laws, best practices, and provincial and federal employment standards, with a focus in Alberta
- Strong leadership, organizational and project management skills with the ability to manage HR programs, practices and services provincially and inter-provincially
- Resiliency to change and ability to meet growing HR demands
- Excellent communication and oral presentation skills (verbal & written)
- Strong interpersonal skills, critical thinking, and ability to exercise confidentiality, professionalism, and discretion
- Experience in the not-for-profit industry is helpful, but not critical
- Post-secondary degree in a related field and a minimum of five years’ experience at the HR director level
- The CHRP designation and a fantastic attitude are essential
- Previous experience conducting needs analysis for new HR policies & programs and making recommendations for CEO approval
- Previous experience developing and implementing new and existing HR policies and programs that meet corporate goals and objectives
- Experience managing and directing HR practices and programs in a growing environment
- Exposure to management of all aspects of employee relations and development involving but not limited to:
o Staffing and recruiting
o Organizational development and design
o Workforce and succession planning
o Performance management
o Compensation & benefits administration
o HRIS management
o Change management
o Safety and health
Prospect strongly believes in its five brand pillars and is looking for great candidates who share the same beliefs:
Prospect creates change by envisioning the end game and creating the means to realize it. We believe asking “why not?” aids progress. Solutions are created when we think beyond traditional boundaries.
Prospect seeks different perspectives. All parties must be engaged, including for-profit, not-for-profit, funders and government. Only by understanding all points of view can we create inclusive workplaces.
In every facet of our work, our actions show a commitment to professional management and service delivery. Prospect is accountable, ethical and honest.
Prospect approaches every opportunity with enthusiasm. We drive change with energy, optimism and commitment. Anyone who walks through our doors can feel the positive energy.
We are driven by the desire to promote human welfare and advance social reforms in the working world. While our commitment is all heart, our solutions are all business.
To apply for this position please respond to this post, listing the position title in the subject line, and attach your resume and cover letter for review. We thank all applicants for their interest in this position; however, only those who most closely match Prospect’s requirements will be contacted. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
All applications will be reviewed by Salopek & Associates and will remain in strict confidence.
For more information on Prospect please visit: www.prospectnow.ca.