ProQuest Employee Reviews

Positive overall work experience
Account Executive - Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIFebruary 29, 2016
Pleasant work environment. Best part of the job was the quality of people with whom I worked each day. Structure of annual compensation plan provided good sales incentive for a good portion of my tenure, but unfortunately became somewhat negative in my final 3-4 years, due to frequent and substantial changes in company management and overall company strategy.
"Old school" culture that made business progress a serious challenge
Account Manager Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Providence, NJOctober 12, 2015
Most days consisted of managing email, and monitoring and managing automated delivery processes of digital content.

What I learned (spoken with some measure of sarcasm) is that old dogs need to learn new tricks, or they can expect to wither away and die. The products were strong at their core, but management was too reluctant to invest in the technology required to streamline and simplify product delivery. The customers ultimately suffered.

The staff there was friendly, and competent, but they were also very complacent. The hardest part of the job was contending with customer expectations that were invariably unfulfilled.
Pros
A quiet, modern workplace
Cons
Lack of central focus. Outmoded business culture.
Productive and fun workplace
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 8, 2015
Great place to work. Learned a variety of new software while learning new concepts that will be of use in furthering my career
Great Infrastructure Ops team; Exec. Management revolving door
Lead Technical Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 9, 2015
PMO not valued, product engineering teams work hard and care, executives aren't on same page; too much exec management turnover, HQ and Fremont offices too remote
Pros
talented caring individual contributors and lower level managers
Cons
Exec management consistency hard to find
Think hard about working here!!!
Digital Tech (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MiApril 4, 2015
I would not recommend working here if you are a person of color. I worked at their Ypsilanti location as a temp but instead of being hired in like I thought I was, I was let go after over a year of dedicated work. I watched them get rid of all the temps that weren't caucasian. The only people of color that work at this location has been hired in for years and they are very few. I realized too late that they never intended to hire anyone in. This location is unorganized and my shift supervisor didn't know much about what was going on or how to do his job.
Pros
paid 30 min lunch break, easy work, mostly friendly coworkers
Cons
everything else.....to much to type out.
Changing Culture
Director, ProQuest Dialog Strategic Markets (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIchiganJanuary 2, 2015
Changing Culture with limited opportunity for professional growth and development.
Nice People, Great potential
Senior Director of Design (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CANovember 20, 2014
Bit antiquated in Development/Dev . Overall some great people to work with
A great compant
Account Manager - Wales and South West (Current Employee) –  BirminghamAugust 29, 2014
ProQuest is a great company but I am looking to move into the humanitarian sector as a Project Manager, Fund Raiser or Logistician
Fascinating work reading and editing historical records
Content Editor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJune 4, 2014
Edited digitized historical records for genealogical research. Interesting material to work with everyday. Challenging content required detail to attention and concentration. I really learned to be a self starter and produce a quality product. The hardest part of the job was sitting in semi darkness all day in controlled temperatures. I loved the work and connecting with the history of our country.
Pros
good benefits, pleasant coworkers, interesting work
Cons
job insecurity after company was purchased and work outsourced
Great group of people that I work with, enjoy my job
Customer Service File Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIApril 15, 2014
My group of management people are awesome, I am not micro manage and that is great. I enjoy coming into work every day and am always busy. My co workers are wonderful and very helpful. especially when I was learning to process orders.
Great place to work and advance
Technical Support Consultant II (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MichiganJanuary 21, 2014
Daily contact with Customers via email, phone, and Chat to resolve issue with proprietary software and customer systems.
another plant closing
Powerhouse Supervisor /HVAC mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor Mi.January 16, 2014
great while it lasted. Industrial maintenance setting. great facility, great people
work, but with balance
Software Specialist (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CADecember 17, 2013
This is specifically for the Palo Alto office, which was ebrary before it was purchased by ProQuest. It is a great place to work with very nice coworkers. It is inspiring to work in such a progressive industry (ebooks) for a company that will give you about a month off every year (all holidays added up). I recommend it.
Pros
great holiday time off
Cons
is not a sexy silicon valley company
Wonderfully challenging working environment
Bowker Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  New JerseyDecember 2, 2013
Busy travel days
Love meeting customers in the field
Management is terrific
Co-workers are most compatible
Hardest - no hard parts, just challenging at times
Most enjoyable - travel to see new opportunities/customers
Pros
lunch and learns (to understand other business units of company)
Cons
job security
Productive and innovative place to work
Technical Support Consultant II (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 5, 2013
My day started at 9 am and I would log into my laptop as well as my phone due to I worked in a call center environment. I would then check my emails for any responses from clients or co-workers, from there I would then log into our ticketing system and start to work on those issues/requests that our clients emailed to my tech support team. After following up with clients from our ticketing system I would then follow up on open tickets (this maybe issues that were escalated to another department or customers who were suppose to follow up with me with further information). I would attend team meetings and whatever was on my team calendar on that day.
Pros
i learned new skills, i worked with great people as well as learned a lot from the and shared my knowledge as well.
Cons
there weren't any cons i loved my job.
Good company, great benefits
Accounts Receivable Specialist/Cash Office (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIJuly 27, 2013
Very busy, fast paced environment; energetic workforce makes for interesting professional and social interaction.
Published papers and books online for various institutions
Data Technician (Former Employee) –  Californa, MDSeptember 24, 2012
Recreived books and papers from Goverment and Private organizations, universities, and institutions cheif of with included the Library of Congres. Received items had be be unbond, scanned, converted to graphic files, optionly converted to text files using special optical character recognition (OCR) software, proofread, and uploaded to various online sites. The completed could then be used as backup for precious documents which in the passed would have been reserved on mirofech, Backuped documents could now be used as reference material without further damage to the original item.
Pros
learned many about computers and software
Cons
required many hours of staring at a computer screen.