ProQuest Employee Reviews

Good, interesting work
Curriculum Analysis Intern (Former Employee) –  Remote10 October 2016
I really enjoyed my time at ProQuest, as it allowed me to put my history degrees to work, and gain experience working remotely (which is something I would very much like to do full time).
Working in a time warp
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA29 August 2016
There has been continual lay-offs for the last two years and challenges around leadership and consistency. Moral is down.

They seem to be stuck in the early 2000's time warp.
Cons
lay-off rounds for 2 years
Great Company to work for
Senior Sales and Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  London25 August 2016
ProQuest is open minded, responsive to change in the market and customer focused organisation.
I enjoyed working at ProQuest.
Machine Learning Intern
Machine Learning Intern (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CA16 August 2016
People here are really really nice. Work time is pretty flexible. However, the problem for me is that Proquest is not a very data driven company, so it might not be a good fit for me.
Great company to work.
Editorial Assistant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY14 July 2016
I really enjoyed my job. Started as corrector of articles which means I call up a scanned article and made sure it looks like the paper copy. Later we were trained to both scan and correct articles. Was very good at my job. Cross-trained in printing to cover for them when on vacation. Got along very well with all my co-workers. The hardest part of the job I don't really know of any. The most enjoyable part of the job was the job and interacting with my fellow employees.
Pros
The company benefits and compensation were wonderful.
Cons
Had to pay for parking.
Relaxed Environment
Digital Technician (Current Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MI15 May 2016
Of my entire work experience, mine at ProQuest has been the best.
The work environment, based on my own time there has been zero stress. My superiors treat and respect me as an adult. My immediate supervisor has a realistic view of life outside of the company and how it may affect our schedules. He's been very flexible yet is stern and fair about office policies. I believe the pay at ProQuest is good. Medical benefits, however, could be a bit cheaper but I'm still able to afford them. Small things like being able to listen to our headphones on the job makes our responsibilities more enjoyable. We don't have a punch in clock, we are not micro managed. We are trusted and treated as responsible adults. My co workers are easy to get along with. Most have been with the company for many years. I believe the environment in our building is relaxed and stress free because our superiors don't micromanage us, they treat us with respect and as equals. The management at ProQuest is the largest reason I have stayed and why I love my job.
Pros
Relaxed, stress free environment, good pay
Cons
It's always cold
Great people!
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle3 March 2016
Great work environment, smart people. Good work/life balance- Fremont location. Senior management somewhat out of touch.
Positive overall work experience
Account Executive - Inside Sales (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI29 February 2016
Pleasant work environment. Best part of the job was the quality of people with whom I worked each day. Structure of annual compensation plan provided good sales incentive for a good portion of my tenure, but unfortunately became somewhat negative in my final 3-4 years, due to frequent and substantial changes in company management and overall company strategy.
"Old school" culture that made business progress a serious challenge
Account Manager Consultant (Former Employee) –  New Providence, NJ12 October 2015
Most days consisted of managing email, and monitoring and managing automated delivery processes of digital content.

What I learned (spoken with some measure of sarcasm) is that old dogs need to learn new tricks, or they can expect to wither away and die. The products were strong at their core, but management was too reluctant to invest in the technology required to streamline and simplify product delivery. The customers ultimately suffered.

The staff there was friendly, and competent, but they were also very complacent. The hardest part of the job was contending with customer expectations that were invariably unfulfilled.
Pros
A quiet, modern workplace
Cons
Lack of central focus. Outmoded business culture.
Productive and fun workplace
Accounts Receivable Representative (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI8 September 2015
Great place to work. Learned a variety of new software while learning new concepts that will be of use in furthering my career
Great Infrastructure Ops team; Exec. Management revolving door
Lead Technical Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA9 July 2015
PMO not valued, product engineering teams work hard and care, executives aren't on same page; too much exec management turnover, HQ and Fremont offices too remote
Pros
talented caring individual contributors and lower level managers
Cons
Exec management consistency hard to find
Think hard about working here!!!
Digital Tech (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, Mi4 April 2015
I would not recommend working here if you are a person of color. I worked at their Ypsilanti location as a temp but instead of being hired in like I thought I was, I was let go after over a year of dedicated work. I watched them get rid of all the temps that weren't caucasian. The only people of color that work at this location has been hired in for years and they are very few. I realized too late that they never intended to hire anyone in. This location is unorganized and my shift supervisor didn't know much about what was going on or how to do his job.
Pros
paid 30 min lunch break, easy work, mostly friendly coworkers
Cons
everything else.....to much to type out.
Changing Culture
Director, ProQuest Dialog Strategic Markets (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIchigan2 January 2015
Changing Culture with limited opportunity for professional growth and development.
Nice People, Great potential
Senior Director of Design (Former Employee) –  Palo Alto, CA20 November 2014
Bit antiquated in Development/Dev . Overall some great people to work with
A great compant
Account Manager - Wales and South West (Current Employee) –  Birmingham29 August 2014
ProQuest is a great company but I am looking to move into the humanitarian sector as a Project Manager, Fund Raiser or Logistician
Fascinating work reading and editing historical records
Content Editor (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UT4 June 2014
Edited digitized historical records for genealogical research. Interesting material to work with everyday. Challenging content required detail to attention and concentration. I really learned to be a self starter and produce a quality product. The hardest part of the job was sitting in semi darkness all day in controlled temperatures. I loved the work and connecting with the history of our country.
Pros
good benefits, pleasant coworkers, interesting work
Cons
job insecurity after company was purchased and work outsourced
Great group of people that I work with, enjoy my job
Customer Service File Clerk (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI15 April 2014
My group of management people are awesome, I am not micro manage and that is great. I enjoy coming into work every day and am always busy. My co workers are wonderful and very helpful. especially when I was learning to process orders.
Great place to work and advance
Technical Support Consultant II (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, Michigan21 January 2014
Daily contact with Customers via email, phone, and Chat to resolve issue with proprietary software and customer systems.
another plant closing
Powerhouse Supervisor /HVAC mechanic (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor Mi.16 January 2014
great while it lasted. Industrial maintenance setting. great facility, great people
work, but with balance
Software Specialist (Current Employee) –  Palo Alto, CA17 December 2013
This is specifically for the Palo Alto office, which was ebrary before it was purchased by ProQuest. It is a great place to work with very nice coworkers. It is inspiring to work in such a progressive industry (ebooks) for a company that will give you about a month off every year (all holidays added up). I recommend it.
Pros
great holiday time off
Cons
is not a sexy silicon valley company