ProQuest Employee Reviews

Great people, flexibility
Applications Developer (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI30 January 2018
For the most part, I did not work at the client site - Proquest, but traveled there as needed. I worked mostly at MaximGroup. I had pretty free reign on who and when to talk to, how to design and implement the software. I simply needed to submit expected schedule information. Proquest people were great, and open to new ideas.
Pros
Great people, freedom to act
Slow Executive Decision Making
Sr. Director - North America Academic Segment (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI11 January 2018
Many of the executives were slow to make positive/revenue generating decisions. Initiatives would stall or get stale. This created some frustration within the organization.
Provided customers with technical solutions to problems with document delivery.
Technical Support Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI10 January 2018
I position required me to help customers with hardware and software solutions. I made many site visits to setup the ProQuest system. Which included intergrading it to their network systems. When not visiting customers sites I worked in the call center taking customer calls.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
No real cons
Unappreciated
Corporate Marketing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI8 January 2018
In my 2 year contract at ProQuest I watched some of the greatest minds leave the company because management would rather pay someone less to do their job. I love what the company does as a whole but they were focusing on quantity and not quality. They also were not building up the team they had but rather in constant search for outside talent. After 2 years of my contract being threatened every three months, no benefits, Michigan pay in the expensive Silicone Valley I had to call it quits. There was no future for me there.
Pros
You feel satisfied with the product's worth
Cons
Bad Management, low pay, disorganized
Progressive, Cutting-edge and personally rewarding place to work
Director, Operations (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI29 December 2017
Progressive, Cutting-edge and personally rewarding place to work with great people and management. Leading provider of research software for academic research.
Pros
free coffee
Good workplace friendly people I am not directly hired at ProQuest I am a contractor that is my only real complaint.
Content Editor (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI1 October 2017
ProQuest is a good company to work for I have no qualms with the company or my management the only thing that I dislike about the company they have too many temps and it seems to be difficult for you to be hired on as a permanent employee that is my only complaint.
Pros
Free food and coffee.
Cons
I am a contractor not a direct hire.
Big company, moves slow.
Engineering Manager (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI22 September 2017
They seem to be in a slow-moving market. This company has grown through mergers and acquisition of older properties and consolidation in the newer academic e-content markets. Now they have to digest and integrate what they have bought. That means cutting costs while trying to combine products, leaves no room for real product innovation. More nimble niche competitors will continue to emerge in their markets, while they look like an 800-lb gorilla while not dominating like one. Internally, there is a lot of challenging work and opportunity for good engineering experience, if they are willing to fund it.
Pros
Full benefits, fair pay
Cons
Uneven leadership, turnover.
Flex time
Editor (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KY7 September 2017
Pay is on the low end, but offset by flex time & extended vacation time. No possibility of advancement. Possibility of layoffs within the next year.
Pros
4 paid development days per year.
Cons
No advancement potential.
fun place and good work
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CA27 August 2017
Good work and nice people but upper management is clueless of the direction
Free lunches and good Healthcare plans.
Good team building activities and festival celebrations
Pros
Interesting work
Cons
More contractors than FT, Narrow minded managers
Productive and fun place
Metadata/ Content Digitization Editor (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI26 August 2017
The typical day was relaxed but very professional. As one of the youngest in my department at 22 (at the time, now 23) there was a lot that the more well seasoned employees taught me about my job and also about professionalism generally. Not only did they tell me but they exemplified it in their own day to day. Management is awesome and understanding! I loved my managers and because I did I wanted to work harder for them.

The hardest part about the job is that it can feel a bit boring at times, but you were by no means glued to your desk. Management encouraged you to get up and walk around and take unscheduled breaks if you needed to kill the monotony and take a phone call.

The most enjoyable by far were the people. Though I was the youngest, they treated me with respected and as the young adult that I am. Expectations were not lowered for me and I honestly enjoyed and appreciated the challenge. I enjoyed the challenge even more so because there is always someone nearby willing to extend a hand and offer some advice.
Fun and rewarding place to work
Customer service representative (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI24 August 2017
Fast paced but fun. Lots of opportunities to advance. Very supportive management and some of the nicest co-workers I've ever worked with. Excellent benefits and more paid time off than most companies out there.
Pros
Great benefits and paid time off.
Fine place to work
Electronic Content liaison (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI9 August 2017
Underhanded financial dealing nearly destroyed the company. A culture that allows this sort of illegal behavior should be reviewed in detail before working for it.
Great company with educational assitance programs
Credit and Collections Specialist (Current Employee) –  La Vergne, TN20 July 2017
The company offers flexible schedules and really values the employees. ProQuest offers educational assistances for employees looking to gain further education.
Pros
Vitality program to award employees for healthy living
Don't do it
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI18 July 2017
Management is a joke. Won't listen, fires people for standing up for themselves. Employees are left in the dark and wondering if they'll have a job tomorrow. I do not recommend working for ProQuest.
Pros
PTO and benefits
Cons
Meaningful industry and smart people!
RFP Analyst (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WA5 May 2017
A great industry focused on how technology can improve access to the world's knowledge. Fun place to work, but a bit of a slow moving mentality at HQ. Ex Libris merger / acquisition / choose what touted as was a great move with lots of vitality.
Pros
Useful technology and content
Cons
Stagnation and a "need to be at HQ" mentality
Interesting and educational
CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MANAGER /Sales Account MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FL3 May 2017
Working at ProQuest was a challenge with the implemented changes that kept occurring. The administrative tasks using Salesforce was extremely helpful.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Upper Management
Great culture & work environment
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI27 April 2017
Scope for fast growth
Management is very helpful
Friendly staff.
Great corporate events.
Great food and fun activities.
Fitness initiatives.
Recognition for your work.
Comfortable work environment
Senior Voice Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI14 March 2017
Our office was recently updated so we have fresh paint on the walls & new cubicles / work surfaces. Our cube walls were lowered and open collaboration areas were created. The office provides free coffee.
Pros
Culture, people
Cons
work / personal balance
good
Cataloging Intern (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MI8 February 2017
This is a good place to work. Nice work environment and interest challenging positions are available here. I recommend.
Productive and fun workplace to work with.
.Net Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Mountain View, CA13 December 2016
Has a great environment which lets us to learn new technologies as required. Gets adopted to new technology and encourages same for the employees to work with.