Propipe Group Ltd is the fastest growing energy service company in Alberta, Canada with growing operations in Alberta and BC. Our goal at Propipe is to hire individuals who wish to secure a career in the energy service sector. We are an oil and gas service company with manufacturing, construction, engineering and software development departments. We have experienced a steady growth and need to expand our development department. Propipe offers excellent opportunities for career growth. We are in the industry for the long term and are looking to attract able and competent people who share our vision and passion for what we do. Take a look at what career opportunities Propipe can offer you!
Job Description – Intermediate Developer
We are currently looking for an Intermediate Developer for our Calgary or Grande Prairie offices to assist our development team. The Intermediate Developer will be required to work closely with the Lead Developer, Project Manager and the development team to assist and interpret project requirements, bug reports and feature requests into code that will be integrated into the existing web-based ERP software currently in use by the company.
Department: Web Development
Title: Intermediate Developer
Reports To: Lead Developer
Salary Range: $50K - $75K per annum
- Interpretation of project requirements documents into code, templates and database queries in compliance with all team standards established by the Lead Developer
- Creation of flowcharts and mock-ups of for new or modified functionality prior to development
- Ensuring smooth integration of new and modified functionality into the existing software
- Automated and manual testing of new and modified functionality prior to deployment
- Communicating with users and stakeholders to determine possible improvements to new and existing functionality
- Refactoring existing code to improve readability, performance and compliance with team standards
- Maintaining constant communication with other team members
- Participating actively in daily stand-up meetings as well as weekly planning and review meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by the Lead Developer or company president
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Expert knowledge of PHP5, HTML and CSS (4+ years of education or professional experience)
- Strong familiarity with relational databases, especially MySQL (1+ years of professional experience)
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming practices and MVC software architecture
- Familiarity with Git or other distributed version control systems
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and requirements
- Knowledge of PHP frameworks, especially Symfony
- Familiarity with issue tracking software such as Jira
- Domain knowledge of the energy industry and manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of ERP and other business systems
- Experience working as part of a team of developers
- Familiarity with BASH and Linux in general
This position is based in Grande Prairie office.
We offer our employees an attractive compensation package that includes a competitive salary, above market group health benefits as well as a commitment to career development.
Please log on to company website at www.propipegroup.com for more information.
We thank all candidates in advance, however only those with required qualifications will be considered for an interview.