Propipe Group Ltd. is the fastest growing energy service company in Alberta, Canada with growing operations in Alberta and BC. Our goal in Propipe is to hire people who wish to establish or further their career in energy service industry. Propipe can provide office as well as field jobs to their employees. We are in the industry for the long term and we are looking to attract individuals who share our vision and passion for what we do.
Construction Projects Manager
Assigned to activities related to the construction of assigned projects. Participates in the formulation of construction policies. Formulates and directs implementation of construction policies and programs for assigned projects. Ensures the overall administration and technical directions, coordination, and direct line responsibilities both in the field and in the office construction department in a managerial capacity. Responsible for the successful completion of all construction related activities.
- Responsible for the overall planning and organization of the total construction effort to include such areas as:
- Overall construction plan and layout
- Organization of Schedule, Manpower, Transportation, Execution
- Standard and special field operating procedures
- Promote and adhere to Propipe’s Safety Policy.
- Direct the project administration and production staff to ensure new projects are tasked into the Propipe database and tracked.
- Coordinates with the client, project management, and project services in setting up required reporting procedures and formats for client management needs. Attends prejob meetings.
- Reviews construction cost, estimates, budgets, forecasts and schedules. Approves purchase requisitions as required for the project, reviews certain specifications and drawings for economic constructability.
- Participates in the resolution of major problems such as labor disputes, workforce staffing, material delivery and contract/subcontract administration.
- Coordinates with the project managers, logistics, procurement, planning and scheduling and other personnel in setting and maintaining priorities to ensure timely performance sufficient to keep the overall project on schedule and within budget.
- Directs the Site Managers/Project Superintendents, and Logistic Coordinator in the overall field construction efforts, Directs the development of the Construction Execution Plan. Interfaces with the field services and fabrication teams to drive the preparation of construction implementation plans required for the Construction Execution Plan (i.e. Scaffolding plan, Heavy lift plan, Equipment plan etc.)
- Review out of scope work, as identified by the Client, and provide a recommendation as to which work will be managed as part of the project close-out, based on a risk benefit analysis.
- Provides counseling and guidance to Site Managers/Project Superintendents.
- Participates in the review and/or development of functional operations and controls
- Reviews and approves preliminary estimates and project schedules as required and participates in the engineering and construction review meetings and management review meetings where approvals of tentative schedules and budgets are made. Is responsible for monitoring and control of distributable expenses in the field.
- Participates In proposal preparation, project planning and scheduling by furnishing expertise on construction methods and equipment, labor productivity guidelines, and estimates of distributable expenses and labor wage rates.
- Monitors Field generated Tickets and the timely process of them
- Completes and participates in construction audits. Ensure all deficiencies are remediated.
- Provide Interface with the client on a daily basis while site construction is ongoing.
- Provide oversight to ensure that all system QC documentation is completed in a timely manner and that the turnover documentation is completed prior to transfer of site to the Client.
- Monitor invoice/timesheets status.
- Minimum 10 years of Oilfield construction experience
- Thorough knowledge of all phases of Oil field construction operations relating to field activities, of all field engineering disciplines, all construction technologies and project management.
- A recognized degree in construction management or scientific discipline preferred OR
- Specialized courses in construction management AND/OR extensive actual work experience leading to the thorough understanding of the knowledge described above
- Required safety tickets for site access
- Oil and Gas, Gas plant or facilities experience will be required
Contractors may be considered.
This position is based in Calgary Head office.
Indeed - 5 months ago