We are a medium sized oil and gas service company with manufacturing, construction and engineering departments. We have experienced a steady growth and need to increase our accounting department.
Job Description - Assistant Controller
We are currently looking for an Assistant Controller for an up and coming Oilfield Service/Construction Corporation to assist the Controller and CFO, this role will provide assistance in planning, reporting and measuring the information and assets of Propipe Group Ltd. This position will oversee accounting functions including, answering department questions, problem solving, and assigning tasks and measuring the performance of any direct reports. There will be responsibility for the maintenance of the financial system and implementation of changes as required. The Assistant Controller will produce and analyze financial information critical to business interests as well as create and present financial data reports for management to support knowledge based decision making.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Perform analytical review and complete monthly variance analysis on financial statement accounts.
- Prepare monthly management reports including inventory, sales, costs of sales, operational expenses, SG&A, prepaid, cash, etc.
- Provide assistance to senior management team and other team member in the review of monthly reports and ad-hoc requests for reports
- Assist controller with year-end and audit working papers including assets, liabilities, revenues and expenditures, preparing year-end comparative financial statements.
- Assist as required the external auditing team ensuring timeliness of critical information.
- Assist with management and maintenance of the financial system.
- Oversee inventory, accounts receivable, and accounts payable functions.
- Manage employee performance, provide ongoing feedback and support.
The successful candidate will have:
- Minimum 5 years’ accounting experience and minimum 2 years of Supervisory experience
- University Degree
- Qualified CGA , CMA, CA preferred. Will also consider forth or third level ‘ finalist’ for CGA /
CMA / CA
- The applicant must have excellent English communication and good excel skills
- Experience in the oil & gas industry would be considered an asset
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to coach and mentor a strong team
- Strong time-management skills, analytical ability to problem solve
- Strong interpersonal skills, forward thinking, highly motivated self-starter
We thank all applicants in advance. However only those with required qualification and experience will be considered for interview.
Indeed - 22 months ago