Property Management

Property Management Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
Property Management IT Helpdesk
Property Manger/ IT Help desk Systems Manager (Current Employee), Flowery Branch, GANovember 20, 2014
Pros: comfortable flexible working environment
Cons: owner retiring
maintained client records, account and reviewed background checks for potential clients, research markets for potential investment properties. Created work orders for property maintenance and repairs. Maintain office networks, software, remote application and added users with software or slowing computers.
It is a fun place to work and I like the maintance men that work for me
Site Manager (Current Employee), Gastonia, NCOctober 13, 2014
I am wanting to leave this company for more money I come to work and I rent the vacant apts and I take o\all the rent and deposit it in the bank I have to do recerts for RHS and HUD the hardest of the job is when RHS and HUD comes in and they find something wrong that I have over looked. I enjoy my tenants they come by to see me almost every day
Run effectivley
Asset Asistant (Former Employee), Waterloo, IASeptember 30, 2014
The job requirements where there to follow although other employees didn't maintain the work effort required. Employees often slacked off when certain asst. managers worked while the kitchen manager was very proficient and hard working.
Working as a leasing agent was an excellent experience
Assistant Property Manager (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTSeptember 30, 2014
I really enjoyed working for PMSI. I had the opportunity to help others rent homes, condos, apartments, etc. The work environment and my co-workers were amazing to work with.
Meet a lot of new people, everyday is a new day-never gets old
Property manager of over 60 rental properties (Current Employee), Leadville, COSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: meet people and the interactions, learn a lot about different items
Cons: you are always the mediator
As a property manager you are the mediator between owners and tenants. Sometimes you get the hit as your the one everyone sees and communicates with. You meet a lot of people and you have to really keep on your toes to remember all the owners,tenants, properties, and repairs etc.

The hardest part of the job is your lack of control over situations. – more... Owners are still the owners and although you may disagree with a choice you have to follow it, yet your the one whom faces the positive and negative feedback. Same with tenants choosing the right tenants is hard, and if something goes wrong with the property you feel responsible. Its less about managing a property and more about managing people – less
Always had filing or telephone answering to do.
Filing Clerk (Former Employee), Long Beach, CASeptember 14, 2014
Pros: atmosphere
Cons: was laid off
The best location to be employed. Office looked over Shoreline Village Marina. Filing, copying, basic office or reception duties were performed. Office was busy due to lease copies, filing of old files, and typing duties. Very serene place to work.
Fun workplace
Sole Proprietor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Management was poor.

Pay was good
Hours were terrible
Learned a lot of technical stuff
company no longer exisys
Property Management Company review
Property Manager (Current Employee), Rolling Meadows, ILAugust 28, 2014
Pros: open schedule and flexible work hours
They treated their employees well and added extra bonuses for getting client contracts signed. The overall work atmosphere was food as well.
A challenging job with great rewards.
Accountant, HR, Payroll, Quarterly Audits (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 22, 2014
Pros: i was compensated for my achievements and treated like family.
Cons: my commute to and from work was 1 1/2 hour trip one way.
I enjoyed the environment at this job, it was like a family. My boss the owner treated everyone that worked for him with respect and dignity. He truly was concerned that each one of his employees were paid well and had good insurance. He rewarded his employees with bonuses when they gave over and above expectations.

I enjoyed the challenges of this – more... fast paced job. – less
Great experience to gain.
Internal Auditor (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 8, 2014
Pros: experience
Performed auditing work, including managing school's properties.
Real Estate and Construction
Property Management* (Former Employee), Bonham, TXDecember 26, 2013
• Responsible for occupancy management, production and management of appropriate revenue growth, timely rent collection, policy and procedure compliance and the property’s financial performance.
• Operated and maintained mechanical systems in buildings to improve property values, maintained tenant relations and communications and financial reports.
 – more... Maintained physical operations by conducting inspections of grounds, buildings and vacant units; obtaining bids; contracting for and supervising landscaping, maintenance, and repairs.
• Planned, scheduled, and coordinated maintenance, major repairs, and remodeling or construction projects for commercial or residential properties. – less
Typical Work Day
Property Management (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 4, 2013
My typical work day involves creating new connections to get the company name out there utilizing social media, thinking of ways to improve the company through research and brainstorming and ensuring all daily goals are completed in a timely fashion.
I am a hard worker,dicipline, honest and love being around people.
Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Dundalk, MDNovember 12, 2013
I started working in Core States from 1991 and merged to Cash Flex, First Union, Wachovia and then Wells Fargo and been in the Company for 22 yrs. Its a fast pace environment. We are always busy since it a processing department but I accept challenges , specially to better me as a worker and as a person at the same time. Then moved to Maryland so I – more... have to re-signed because of the distant and got the job here in Property Management Inc./ Century 21 Horizon Realty as a coordinator and I like the place and people I worked with. I deal with basically we call it (rent court), which marketing people property such as houses or apartment and I do the eviction of property the hardest part of my work now is dealing with tenants that losing their apartment because of failing to pay their rent. What makes my position enjoyable is meeting different people in walks of life and knowing that I did my job and everyone is happy and contented. – less
good
Skills teacher (Current Employee), St Paul, MNOctober 29, 2013
Pros: na
Cons: na
make parts, teach kids how to assemble boats

tying knots, sailing terms, sanding , painting, fiberglass
No room for advancement or opportunity
Office Manager/HOA Property Manager (Former Employee), Keller, TXOctober 28, 2013
Position did not offer room for advancement nor potential for additional earnings.
I enjoyed fixing and working on the rentals, I enjoyed the people
Manager (Former Employee), Oakhurst, CAOctober 11, 2013
Pros: inside and outside job and great management
Cons: it closed
Awesome place to live and work. But business closed down and I moved back to Grand Junction
Management of personally owned rental properties.
Manager/Owner (Current Employee), Stockton, CASeptember 16, 2013
Pros: additional income, increasing property value
Cons: stressful when problem occurs
- Manage advertisements for vacancies and screen potential tenants.
- I learned the legalities of managing property and how to market my units.
- Hardest part of the job is to handle difficult tenants and problem solve when an issue with a unit arises.
- Most enjoyable part of managing real estate is when a tenant appreciate my hard work.
Loved the tenants.
Property Manager (Former Employee), Griffin, GaMay 23, 2013
Pros: the residents.
Cons: safety.
Working in HUD Section 8 housing a Property Manager wears many hats. I loved working with the residents, the families and providing a safe, clean and overall healthy environment based on the budget I was allotted by my corporate office. I left because the safety of my residents and myself took a backseat to the bottom line. Living in sub-par conditions – more... as a resident coupled with the lack of safety concerns for me as a manager (literally reported numerous times the risks, threats and actual assaults) it was clear that I needed to find employment to carry me to retirement. – less
Good environment,worked well with others
Handyman (Former Employee), Ventura, CAApril 9, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: slow
hardworker,dependable,I would drive to the locations and would renovate the property,do maintenance,and get it ready for clients
good working enviorment
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Portland, ORMarch 26, 2013
excellent working enviorment co workers fun to work with
management treated you well