Property Management

Sole Proprietor (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 10, 2014
Management was poor.

Pay was good
Hours were terrible
Learned a lot of technical stuff
company no longer exisys
Property Management Company review
Property Manager (Current Employee), Rolling Meadows, ILAugust 28, 2014
Pros: open schedule and flexible work hours
They treated their employees well and added extra bonuses for getting client contracts signed. The overall work atmosphere was food as well.
A challenging job with great rewards.
Accountant, HR, Payroll, Quarterly Audits (Former Employee), Chicago, ILJuly 22, 2014
Pros: i was compensated for my achievements and treated like family.
Cons: my commute to and from work was 1 1/2 hour trip one way.
I enjoyed the environment at this job, it was like a family. My boss the owner treated everyone that worked for him with respect and dignity. He truly was concerned that each one of his employees were paid well and had good insurance. He rewarded his employees with bonuses when they gave over and above expectations.

I enjoyed the challenges of this – more... fast paced job. – less
Great experience to gain.
Internal Auditor (Former Employee), Brooklyn, NYJuly 8, 2014
Pros: experience
Performed auditing work, including managing school's properties.
Real Estate and Construction
Property Management* (Former Employee), Bonham, TXDecember 26, 2013
• Responsible for occupancy management, production and management of appropriate revenue growth, timely rent collection, policy and procedure compliance and the property’s financial performance.
• Operated and maintained mechanical systems in buildings to improve property values, maintained tenant relations and communications and financial reports.
 – more... Maintained physical operations by conducting inspections of grounds, buildings and vacant units; obtaining bids; contracting for and supervising landscaping, maintenance, and repairs.
• Planned, scheduled, and coordinated maintenance, major repairs, and remodeling or construction projects for commercial or residential properties. – less
Typical Work Day
Property Management (Current Employee), Baltimore, MDDecember 4, 2013
My typical work day involves creating new connections to get the company name out there utilizing social media, thinking of ways to improve the company through research and brainstorming and ensuring all daily goals are completed in a timely fashion.
I am a hard worker,dicipline, honest and love being around people.
Office Coordinator (Current Employee), Dundalk, MDNovember 12, 2013
I started working in Core States from 1991 and merged to Cash Flex, First Union, Wachovia and then Wells Fargo and been in the Company for 22 yrs. Its a fast pace environment. We are always busy since it a processing department but I accept challenges , specially to better me as a worker and as a person at the same time. Then moved to Maryland so I – more... have to re-signed because of the distant and got the job here in Property Management Inc./ Century 21 Horizon Realty as a coordinator and I like the place and people I worked with. I deal with basically we call it (rent court), which marketing people property such as houses or apartment and I do the eviction of property the hardest part of my work now is dealing with tenants that losing their apartment because of failing to pay their rent. What makes my position enjoyable is meeting different people in walks of life and knowing that I did my job and everyone is happy and contented. – less
good
Skills teacher (Current Employee), St Paul, MNOctober 29, 2013
Pros: na
Cons: na
make parts, teach kids how to assemble boats

tying knots, sailing terms, sanding , painting, fiberglass
No room for advancement or opportunity
Office Manager/HOA Property Manager (Former Employee), Keller, TXOctober 28, 2013
Position did not offer room for advancement nor potential for additional earnings.
I enjoyed fixing and working on the rentals, I enjoyed the people
Manager (Former Employee), Oakhurst, CAOctober 11, 2013
Pros: inside and outside job and great management
Cons: it closed
Awesome place to live and work. But business closed down and I moved back to Grand Junction
Management of personally owned rental properties.
Manager/Owner (Current Employee), Stockton, CASeptember 16, 2013
Pros: additional income, increasing property value
Cons: stressful when problem occurs
- Manage advertisements for vacancies and screen potential tenants.
- I learned the legalities of managing property and how to market my units.
- Hardest part of the job is to handle difficult tenants and problem solve when an issue with a unit arises.
- Most enjoyable part of managing real estate is when a tenant appreciate my hard work.
Loved the tenants.
Property Manager (Former Employee), Griffin, GaMay 23, 2013
Pros: the residents.
Cons: safety.
Working in HUD Section 8 housing a Property Manager wears many hats. I loved working with the residents, the families and providing a safe, clean and overall healthy environment based on the budget I was allotted by my corporate office. I left because the safety of my residents and myself took a backseat to the bottom line. Living in sub-par conditions – more... as a resident coupled with the lack of safety concerns for me as a manager (literally reported numerous times the risks, threats and actual assaults) it was clear that I needed to find employment to carry me to retirement. – less
Good environment,worked well with others
Handyman (Former Employee), Ventura, CAApril 9, 2013
Pros: free lunches
Cons: slow
hardworker,dependable,I would drive to the locations and would renovate the property,do maintenance,and get it ready for clients
good working enviorment
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Portland, ORMarch 26, 2013
excellent working enviorment co workers fun to work with
management treated you well
Property Management
Property Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MO.January 6, 2013
Pros: very flexible schedule
Cons: health care and benefits
Management of several properties in the St. Louis area.

Comprehensive databases, creative concepts and promotion orchestration led to highly successful property management seminars for landlords and renters in St. Louis, Mo.
I was business owner
Business Owner- Orange County (Former Employee), San Clemente, CANovember 14, 2012
The company is no longer in business
It was great to have a property management company
I was self employed with support staff
Meet new people, learn about new cultures and every day something new.
Self employed (Former Employee), La Zenia, SpainNovember 2, 2012
On a daily basis I was responible for up to 8 airport collections and ensuring clients were then shown around there holiday property. I learnt how manage clients needs and learnt exceptional customer service skills within this job. I had to manage my time effectively, at times i could have a turnaround window of an hour to be ready to collect the next – more... clients at the airport. The hardest part of the job was the long unsociable hours, at times I would work from 4am through to 11pm within a 24 hour period. The most enjoyable part was meeting new people and recieving good client feeback. – less
Enjoy working in a very productive yet fun atmosphere.
Property Manager (Current Employee), St. Louis, MOOctober 17, 2012
Pros: seminars, holiday socials etc. etc.
I believe every day is different in Property Management. You must be able to multi-task and at the same time be able to have a list of the top prority for the day . It is very easy to get side tracked with residents, prospects and your daily operation of a property.
I enjoyed working with my hands and the outdoors
General Laborer (Former Employee), New Britain, CTSeptember 19, 2012
Pros: working outdoors
Cons: only seasonal
I was a great experience to be able to work outdoors and see the satisification when the work is done.
lOVE WORKING THERE
Tenant Applications, Housekeeping, Maintenance (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COSeptember 4, 2012
LOVED WORKING THERE BUT NOT ENOUGH HOURS. lOVED THE MANAGER SHE WAS GREAT.