Propak Systems Ltd. Employee Reviews

Good company.
Millwright (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB4 September 2017
Good salary and workplace. Main job is assembly and maintain the compression skid. I learned lots skills and gas and oil field canada experience.A safe working place.
Fast Paced
Senior piping checker for a SAGD project (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB13 August 2017
A fast paced professional work environment. I learned the nuts and bolts of the piping and pressure vessel design and fabrication business from start to finish. Management was a bit unpredictable. Mostly junior engineers were used. Workplace culture was basically very professional. The hardest part of the job was trying to predict schedules based on little upfront information. The most enjoyable part of the job was that the work day passed by very quickly because you were always busy.
Pros
You were left alone to handle the job.
Cons
There were never enough hours allowed in the job schedule.
Great Place to work
3D Piping & Structural Steel Designer (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB2 August 2017
While at Propak i was always treated fairly and the salary was generous, Propak offered good oppurtunities to improve and grow. Management was supportive. the majority of the Engineering staff was supportive also.
Pros
several catered lunch meetings, flex days. flexible work hours
good place to work with a great crew
Warehouse receiver (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB13 July 2017
Good place to get your feet wet in the industry and do your apprentionship. They are a family run business when times get hard they do try to do everything before having to let their employees go
Great progressive company. Vast years and success in pressure equipment manufacturing, construction, and servicing.
Quality Assurance and Process Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB10 July 2017
Solid company to work for. Progressive with a management group that has been in place since it started 40-years ago. Great to combine all my skills.
Pipefitter Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB15 June 2017
Great benefits, good people! Had a good experience with them. I learnt lots. would do it again if i had the chance. Very professional approach the the shop life. Only bad thing was the very early start
benefits
Cons
Early start
Great stepping stone
Private (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB10 June 2017
I have learned a lot about my position. The downturn in the oil industry did effect our jobs for a period of time, and with the upswing, we are not seeing things turn around. We are instead asked to do more for and with less.
good place good people
Journeyman Insulator (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB31 May 2017
the place was good to work in if a little unorganized, the people i worked with were from all over the world and could not have been a better crew. the management were people you could trust to hear any complaint and try to find a solution that would benefit evryone
Junior Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB26 May 2017
This company takes good care of their employees for the most part. Although during the current economic downturn they did have to downsize many of their employees and the atmosphere turned negative very fast as the layoffs started.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, nice people
Cons
Not secure
Fun to work in the industrial field
Red Seal Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Alberta22 April 2017
We were working in the oil patch, so the day started in camp. Then bussed us to site, where we then conducted a safety meeting. The days were long and the work was plentiful.
I was an apprentice when I stared with Propaks field division, so I learned a lot about industrial electrical and the basics of wiring up oil and gas production plants.
The Management was pretty decent to their staff. I feel as-though not many of them cared about their jobs though. They liked to party all night and hide in their offices all day. Keep in mind this was Propaks field division (PPCL). I don't want to give Propak a bad name cause they are quality company, who does quality work.
The work place culture was pretty standard for a construction job.
I prefer working with tradesmen rather than white collar folk. Its just my preference...
There are many tough parts t this job. Everything is heavy and theres been cable pulls that 15+ people have been involved in.
Its not an easy job, but it pays. I was generally working in cold, dark areas, which can be hard on some people.
The pay checks were the most rewarding and enjoy full part of the job.
Pros
They paid well.
Cons
CLAC union
Propak Systems Ltd
B pressure welder (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB16 April 2017
Propak Systems Ltd Airdrie AB

I`m working at 505

B pressure welder position

I think there is good place

Good system management

and good workplace culture
Toxic enviroment
Engineering/drafting (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB13 April 2017
Work day is typical…working on the tasks given to me to the best of my abilities giving 110%, but I feel that is not enough here.
I've learned a great deal there, but it's not recognized.
Poor management...have that feeling you're not trusted (that you're always second guessing yourself), poor mentorship and having to always watch your back.
Being bullied (having experienced both mentally & physically).
You cannot speak your mind without repercussions or having the feeling you don't belong within the particular work discipline (group/department).
I have made a handful of very good friends while being there.
Pros
very good learning ground
Cons
walking on a tight rope
Friendly working with friends, but supervisor are not friendly with workers, more boss like
Insulator Technician (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB11 April 2017
Good Employer, good benefits
Work time is hard, too early in morning
Supervisor and lead hand and Engineering Department decide all on the job, worker has no input to be considered, this would not help for the work to be more progressive and advanced for the better
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Too early in the morning, long hours per day
Not good place to work
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB19 March 2017
Been working to this company for more than 5 years and yet i got lay off as the economy is slow, further more there is no guarantee for a secured future.
it is good
Senior Welding Inspector (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB28 February 2017
I like the work place. management is fine.work safty is good.
people is nice.
the work cultrue is good.
learn a lot from work
a lot of inspection daily and papework
Pros
pay is fair
Cons
so so mangement
A large local company in energy section
QC inspector (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB23 February 2017
Propak Systems is located in Airdrie, has engineering, pressure vessel manufacturing shop, piping shop, structural shop and large assemble yard.

The company was organized very well. Products were moved ahead quickly. As a QC inspector, I had to work hard as per schedule, and kept good communication with all stakeholders to make sure high standard quality being maintained.

Company had mutual HR policy for employees. And, every month had a safety meeting informed employees about what's happening in shop and field, and collecting staff advises about improvement.
Brutal
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB3 February 2017
if you like a place were getting treated like garbage and having to always watch your back then this is the place. management is just a bunch of buddies who treat people they don't consider part of the group like dirt. safety looks great on paper until you walk out of the room then its get the job done or be an outcast.
Engineering Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB27 January 2017
Excellent place to work. Working in the Document Control Department was very demanding and challenging. However, we pulled together as a team and got the job done.
Pros
Found my job to be very rewarding.
Cons
Short staffed at times
Receiver (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB19 January 2017
Kind working environment and good company culture. Much attention was paid on safety and a lot of opportunities for promotion or change.
alright
Shipper/Packer (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB9 January 2017
Propak is a decent company to work for as long as you know someone there or else you wont get hired. They strive to make employees quit over firing them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Propak Systems Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.

Propak Systems Ltd. Reviews by Location