Propak Systems Ltd. Employee Reviews in Canada

Good Pay, Good Benefits, Production over Safety
Millwright Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABFebruary 23, 2016
Safety is preached in meetings while production is demanded while on the floor. Little interdepartmental communication and poor organizational management.
Good Pay, great benefits, and always close to home.
very productive. no fun
Journeyman welder/mid fitter (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABFebruary 23, 2016
job wasnt to bad. coworkers were great, at least most anyway.Was not a learning experience. not much inte.raction with management
Pros
good pay, good benefits, easy work
Cons
they rely on oil prices
oil and gas company
Millwright Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABJanuary 10, 2016
ten hrs working a day , good salary, learning lots experences,but managament is not so good.most of co-workers are good. If working slow down there should be a long night.
good job with benifets
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABAugust 17, 2015
A fun place to work with supportive management. Some politics like in any workplace. A steady job with great benefits and good people to work with.
Good starting job, not long term.
1st year pipefitter (Former Employee) –  AirdireSeptember 25, 2013
It's a good start for an apprentice. However advancement is limited to how well you can kiss butt. The benefits are good, but offset the slightly lower wage. It's nearly impossible to get fired unless you're a total screw up, which is good or bad depending on how you look at it. Don't accept a weekend position. It's pretty lax, but the there is no support, you'll get treated like garbage, and get the clean-up work. The premium may sound good, but it's not worth it. Management is definitely company men. Not really interested in what's best for you, and like to power trip and step on people. The experience is really great. You'll learn lots of different things and the job is really hands on. Never had an issue with any co-workers. Likeable guys for the most part. Really great place to start out and learn.
Pros
experience.
Productive, people were great to work with
Plasma Cutter/Welder (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, ABMay 8, 2016
i was always busy,trying tyo help out where ever one can.learned how to deal with other poeple, tours, and co-workers.it was a great place to work for.
Great company
Welder/Facility (Former Employee) –  Conklin, ABMarch 18, 2016
This company was fantastic to work for. They gave us the opportunity to teach young apprentices. The contract who the camp was through made things tough as the camp was not the greatest. We were thankful when our hitches ended, because of camp conditions.
Great Place to Work
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, ABMay 11, 2016
Propak is very loyal to their employees and provides an excellent benefits plan as well as RRSP matching. Propak is a great place to work.
Fun place to work with variety of tasks
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABApril 22, 2016
Learned a lot during this job
Variety of tasks to do
Helpful people
Help to build technical knowledge
Build leadership skills
I do like Propak, we had a great team
Instrumentation Technologist (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABFebruary 18, 2016
Propak Systems is a great company. We had a great team. Oil and gas industry is too slow and that's why I was laid off. I am fully appreciated for past working experience. They were not co-worker, they are my friends.
Pros
working environment
Cons
benefit
Incompetent , boy club
ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABAugust 5, 2015
A typical day would be to waste as much time as possible so you don't look out of place. Walk all over the yard trying to find material (CONSUMABLE MATERIAL IE: reducers (21's) LR's LL's (29's-39's-49's) 1/4" hardware ,other fittings and boxes pertaining to the job. Changing things 1,2,3,4 times because 4 different managers wanted it different , communication was unacceptable , as were there work ethics and knowledge pertaining to the job. Most of my co workers on night shift were good but there was a lot of politics and sabotaging between the days crew .
The hardest part of my job was trying to stay motivated and learn something new .
THIS IS A GREAT COMPANY IF YOUR VALUES ARE THAT OF TODAY'S CITY PEOPLE . IF YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING DONT WORK HARD AND WANT TO SMOKE CIGARETTES AND WORK IN NOTHING SHORT OF A DUMP THAN THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU , OR THE CLIENTS THAT WASTE THERE MONEY , AND DON'T MIND MISSED DEADLINES , OVERBUDGET, FROM A PLACE THATS BEEN DOING THE SAME ASSEMBLY LINE WORK WITH THE SAME SKIDS ITS BEEN BUILDING FOR THE LAST COUPLE DECADES CANT GET IT RIGHT WELL THEN ..... GOOD JOB AND THANK YOU APPRENTICESHIP BOARD..
was a great company that just couldnt afford their workers
Pressure Welder (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABFebruary 23, 2016
Great job and great people. Got laid off due to lack of work in the oil industry and this company offered me much life and work skills
good place to work but hard to advance
labourer (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, ABAugust 12, 2013
hard to advance with out " kiss assin " the boss. good pay but would have liked to move up on the career path. used a lot of tools and did a lot of welding. co-workers are good and enjoyable to work with for the most part. hardest part of the day is the last stretch before home time when it is hot out. And the most enjoyable part of the day is when i get to weld or build something from scratch.
Pros
benifits and rrsp's
Cons
managment and politics
Great Experience
B-Pressure Welder (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABJanuary 28, 2016
Propak specializes in Oil and Gas Production Packages and Modularized Processing Plants and operates one of the largest engineering and fabrication businesses in Canada.
Productive - Large scale jobs good place to work
B pressure welder (Former Employee) –  AirdireJuly 8, 2015
With over 10 + years experience in the industry, I take great pride in the quality & work I provide and enjoy doing it. I am eager to learn new things and have an open mind. Enjoy helping others and am very punctual. Great self accomplishment when timelines are completed ahead of schedule and under budget. The hardest part of my job is being away from my family for long term but the career is very rewarding in many ways. I am a pipe welder at heart but also enjoy other forms of welding like structural. I am an asset to any company and where my heart on my sleeve.
Pros
close to home - able to communte
Cons
1 day off a week
Great Company with the opportunity to move forward
Apprentice Crane Operator/ Yard personnel (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, ABSeptember 9, 2014
This is a great company to start or continue a career with. It has a mixture of new challenges everyday along with routine work depending on the day or time of year.
benefits
Cons
lack of organization
Security workplace
Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABSeptember 10, 2015
Very good job management system, new comer can catch up the company's standard very easy. You will work with many experienced co-worker (designer, checker and engineer) there, if you are good at learn, you can learn the best industry knowledges there.
Pros
many paid vacation and flex days
Cons
lower wage in the industry
HD Mechanic Millwrighting (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABNovember 6, 2015
Workers are great the management is easy to talked too. Always working on different equipment. Meeting dead lines always.
Great family/work balance.
Pipefitter-Steamfitter (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, ABApril 7, 2013
Great place to learn and start an apprenticeship. You learn a ton of information that I hear you wont learn up in camps ect. I've learned pretty much all essential skills of a Journeyman and it's all just practice, practice, practice.

Management is all politics as normal, and expect more out of everybody than what can be done, as usual. Provide best quality and quantity as possible.

Hardest part of the job is management would put you on one job one day, then swap you to another the next. If you make a mistake you never got to fix it, therefore never learn how to fix.

Most enjoyable part of the job are the four days on, three off. With possible OT if you want it.
Pros
great work/life balance.
Cons
management does not try to keep employees.
Painter (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, ABDecember 16, 2014
Have been working there for 6 months now, lots of overtime if you want it. Excellent benefits. Friendly atmosphere.

Propak Systems Ltd. Reviews by Location