Propak Systems Ltd.

Propak Systems Ltd. Employee Reviews

• Salary/Benefits
good job with benifets
Labourer (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABAugust 17, 2015
A fun place to work with supportive management. Some politics like in any workplace. A steady job with great benefits and good people to work with.
Incompetent , boy club
ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABAugust 5, 2015
A typical day would be to waste as much time as possible so you don't look out of place. Walk all over the yard trying to find material (CONSUMABLE MATERIAL IE: reducers (21's) LR's LL's (29's-39's-49's) 1/4" hardware ,other fittings and boxes pertaining to the job. Changing things 1,2,3,4 times because 4 different managers wanted it different , communication was unacceptable , as were there work ethics and knowledge pertaining to the job. Most of my co workers on night shift were good but there was a lot of politics and sabotaging between the days crew .
The hardest part of my job was trying to stay motivated and learn something new .
THIS IS A GREAT COMPANY IF YOUR VALUES ARE THAT OF TODAY'S CITY PEOPLE . IF YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING DONT WORK HARD AND WANT TO SMOKE CIGARETTES AND WORK IN NOTHING SHORT OF A DUMP THAN THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU , OR THE CLIENTS THAT WASTE THERE MONEY , AND DON'T MIND MISSED DEADLINES , OVERBUDGET, FROM A PLACE THATS BEEN DOING THE SAME ASSEMBLY LINE WORK WITH THE SAME SKIDS ITS BEEN BUILDING FOR THE LAST COUPLE DECADES CANT GET IT RIGHT WELL THEN ..... GOOD JOB AND THANK YOU APPRENTICESHIP BOARD..
Productive - Large scale jobs good place to work
B pressure welder (Former Employee), AirdireJuly 8, 2015
Pros: close to home - able to communte
Cons: 1 day off a week
With over 10 + years experience in the industry, I take great pride in the quality & work I provide and enjoy doing it. I am eager to learn new things and have an open mind. Enjoy helping others and am very punctual. Great self accomplishment when timelines are completed ahead of schedule and under budget. The hardest part of my job is being away from my family for long term but the career is very rewarding in many ways. I am a pipe welder at heart but also enjoy other forms of welding like structural. I am an asset to any company and where my heart on my sleeve.
very nice workers and administration
Assistant pipefitter (Former Employee), Alberta .airdrieDecember 22, 2014
was very nice administration .good benefits .funny workers
Painter (Current Employee), Airdrie, ABDecember 16, 2014
Have been working there for 6 months now, lots of overtime if you want it. Excellent benefits. Friendly atmosphere.
Great Company with the opportunity to move forward
Apprentice Crane Operator/ Yard personnel (Current Employee), Airdrie, ABSeptember 9, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: lack of organization
This is a great company to start or continue a career with. It has a mixture of new challenges everyday along with routine work depending on the day or time of year.
fast paced and fun
Engineering Assistant (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABJuly 21, 2014
Document control
reception relief
order of supplies
administrative duties including filing
Very bad place to work
welder (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABApril 22, 2014
This place is absolutely disaster. Favorite entertainment for managers is to write you up for nothing. They working against you, not with you. The job is extremely boring and annoying, especially if you are structural welder in building 404. Very slim chances for advancement. Most of the people are for paycheck only there.Some days you spend 8-10 hours on your knees or on your back, banded 90 degrees. Air quality is very poor. Around shift manager is a group of people which harass everyone who is not with them. With me was hired about 10 people, and after 2 months I can see only 3 or 4. Conclusion: avoid to work here, not a good place for working.
Great Company
Shiploose Administrator (Current Employee), AirdrieApril 11, 2014
Pros: hour lunches
Cons: work load varies with no warning
Very good training, comfortable environment, understands home life, security and benefits.
productive and fun place to work with guitar lessons at lunch
Principal Civil/Structural/Architectural Designer (Former Employee), Airdrie AlberteMarch 27, 2014
Pros: sixteen floating days
Cons: many long weekend working
My day would start with modelling the previous days Navis works comments from the design team, followed by an engineering meeting to determine shop production dates. The rest of the day would be spent with model and drawing checking.
Working for Propak I learned a great deal about modular design.
The management team were all there to support me in any and all critical challenges that I was encountering.
My fellow colleges were all competent designers with great conceptual design and modeling skills.
The hardest part of the job was explaining to the junior designers why there is so much red ink on the drawings.
The thing that I enjoyed the most was see the modules leave the fabrication yard, and to visit the sites during and after construction.
Great place to start learning.
Crew leader, Red Seal Pipefitter/Steamfitter (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABOctober 2, 2013
Cons: 6 years work wise. i got too bored there.
This is a great place to begin your apprenticeship. Good wages for city work, lots of lifetimers to pass tips and skills to you. This is better than maintaince work as you learn everything involving a build of process or compresser packages. I enjoyed a lot of pride in working on a unit from start to finish.
Take full advantage of the company matching rrsp plan, this is how I was able to buy my first home. Also enjoy the 4days on and 3 off.

Cons: pay doesn't compare to out of town contract work, management doesn't trim the useless from its ranks often enough, too much of an old boys club.
Not being challenged enough after 6 years work wise. I got too bored there.
Good starting job, not long term.
1st year pipefitter (Former Employee), AirdireSeptember 25, 2013
Pros: experience.
It's a good start for an apprentice. However advancement is limited to how well you can kiss butt. The benefits are good, but offset the slightly lower wage. It's nearly impossible to get fired unless you're a total screw up, which is good or bad depending on how you look at it. Don't accept a weekend position. It's pretty lax, but the there is no support, you'll get treated like garbage, and get the clean-up work. The premium may sound good, but it's not worth it. Management is definitely company men. Not really interested in what's best for you, and like to power trip and step on people. The experience is really great. You'll learn lots of different things and the job is really hands on. Never had an issue with any co-workers. Likeable guys for the most part. Really great place to start out and learn.
good place to work but hard to advance
labourer (Current Employee), Airdrie, ABAugust 12, 2013
Pros: benifits and rrsp's
Cons: managment and politics
hard to advance with out " kiss assin " the boss. good pay but would have liked to move up on the career path. used a lot of tools and did a lot of welding. co-workers are good and enjoyable to work with for the most part. hardest part of the day is the last stretch before home time when it is hot out. And the most enjoyable part of the day is when i get to weld or build something from scratch.
I believe in Propak as a company and would highly recommend their fabrication facilities to anyone looking for this type of product.
QUALITY CONTROL DOCUMENT ADMINISTRATOR (Former Employee), Airdrie, ABJuly 22, 2013
Pros: i loved my job!!
Cons: at times i was not challenged enough.
I loved my job here but as an Office Administrator, there was not much opportunity to advance. Also they did not have a pension plan for Office Administrators like they did for shop personnel and to me this is an important benefit.
wonderful work enviroment
Intermediate/Senior Structural Design/Drafter (Former Employee), Calgary, ABMay 8, 2013
All the staff and management were easy to talk too. All projects presented different challenges and were fun to work on.
Great family/work balance.
Pipefitter-Steamfitter (Current Employee), Airdrie, ABApril 7, 2013
Pros: great work/life balance.
Cons: management does not try to keep employees.
Great place to learn and start an apprenticeship. You learn a ton of information that I hear you wont learn up in camps ect. I've learned pretty much all essential skills of a Journeyman and it's all just practice, practice, practice.

Management is all politics as normal, and expect more out of everybody than what can be done, as usual. Provide best quality and quantity as possible.

Hardest part of the job is management would put you on one job one day, then swap you to another the next. If you make a mistake you never got to fix it, therefore never learn how to fix.

Most enjoyable part of the job are the four days on, three off. With possible OT if you want it.
Don't be a contractor.
Welding Contractor/Foreman (Former Employee), Airdrie, Alberta.December 5, 2012
Pros: good pay, lots of hours.
Cons: if you don't fit in with the click it doesn't matter how skilled you are.
if you are a rig welder watch out. They are happy with the production of most contractor welders but treat you like a criminal.
Good company for start
Drafting Department Piping Designer (Former Employee), AridireAugust 24, 2012
Great company, good management team, top seniors excutive group to finish all the projects.

About Propak Systems Ltd.

Propak provides a complete and detailed engineering service to the oil and gas processing industry. This includes civil, mechanical, – Read more

Propak Systems Ltd. Photos

Potash mining agrium
RUNNING FILL FOR DOZER OPERATOR
TAKING CLEAN FILL FROM SEPARATON  CONVAYOR.