Propak Systems Ltd.

Propak Systems Ltd. Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Machinist (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, ABMay 11, 2016
Propak is very loyal to their employees and provides an excellent benefits plan as well as RRSP matching. Propak is a great place to work.
Productive, people were great to work with
Plasma Cutter/Welder (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, ABMay 8, 2016
i was always busy,trying tyo help out where ever one can.learned how to deal with other poeple, tours, and co-workers.it was a great place to work for.
Fun place to work with variety of tasks
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABApril 22, 2016
Learned a lot during this job
Variety of tasks to do
Helpful people
Help to build technical knowledge
Build leadership skills
Great company
Welder/Facility (Former Employee) –  Conklin, ABMarch 18, 2016
This company was fantastic to work for. They gave us the opportunity to teach young apprentices. The contract who the camp was through made things tough as the camp was not the greatest. We were thankful when our hitches ended, because of camp conditions.
very productive. no fun
Journeyman welder/mid fitter (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABFebruary 23, 2016
job wasnt to bad. coworkers were great, at least most anyway.Was not a learning experience. not much inte.raction with management
Pros
good pay, good benefits, easy work
Cons
they rely on oil prices
was a great company that just couldnt afford their workers
Pressure Welder (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABFebruary 23, 2016
Great job and great people. Got laid off due to lack of work in the oil industry and this company offered me much life and work skills
Good Pay, Good Benefits, Production over Safety
Millwright Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABFebruary 23, 2016
Safety is preached in meetings while production is demanded while on the floor. Little interdepartmental communication and poor organizational management.
Good Pay, great benefits, and always close to home.
I do like Propak, we had a great team
Instrumentation Technologist (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABFebruary 18, 2016
Propak Systems is a great company. We had a great team. Oil and gas industry is too slow and that's why I was laid off. I am fully appreciated for past working experience. They were not co-worker, they are my friends.
Pros
working environment
Cons
benefit
Great Experience
B-Pressure Welder (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABJanuary 28, 2016
Propak specializes in Oil and Gas Production Packages and Modularized Processing Plants and operates one of the largest engineering and fabrication businesses in Canada.
oil and gas company
Millwright Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABJanuary 10, 2016
ten hrs working a day , good salary, learning lots experences,but managament is not so good.most of co-workers are good. If working slow down there should be a long night.
HD Mechanic Millwrighting (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABNovember 6, 2015
Workers are great the management is easy to talked too. Always working on different equipment. Meeting dead lines always.
Great for learning
Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABSeptember 14, 2015
Good place to work, nice people, great learning environment, just need to have better pay. Some of the people try to back stab
Security workplace
Piping Designer (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABSeptember 10, 2015
Very good job management system, new comer can catch up the company's standard very easy. You will work with many experienced co-worker (designer, checker and engineer) there, if you are good at learn, you can learn the best industry knowledges there.
Pros
many paid vacation and flex days
Cons
lower wage in the industry
Senior/Lead Process Engineer (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, ABAugust 19, 2015
Team Lead, do all aspects of process engineering, leading people, develop PFDs, P&IDs, LDTs, equipment datasheets, cause and effects diagram or shutdown keys, critical set point list, process control narratives etc.
good job with benifets
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABAugust 17, 2015
A fun place to work with supportive management. Some politics like in any workplace. A steady job with great benefits and good people to work with.
Incompetent , boy club
ELECTRICIAN (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, ABAugust 5, 2015
A typical day would be to waste as much time as possible so you don't look out of place. Walk all over the yard trying to find material (CONSUMABLE MATERIAL IE: reducers (21's) LR's LL's (29's-39's-49's) 1/4" hardware ,other fittings and boxes pertaining to the job. Changing things 1,2,3,4 times because 4 different managers wanted it different , communication was unacceptable , as were there work ethics and knowledge pertaining to the job. Most of my co workers on night shift were good but there was a lot of politics and sabotaging between the days crew .
The hardest part of my job was trying to stay motivated and learn something new .
THIS IS A GREAT COMPANY IF YOUR VALUES ARE THAT OF TODAY'S CITY PEOPLE . IF YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING DONT WORK HARD AND WANT TO SMOKE CIGARETTES AND WORK IN NOTHING SHORT OF A DUMP THAN THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU , OR THE CLIENTS THAT WASTE THERE MONEY , AND DON'T MIND MISSED DEADLINES , OVERBUDGET, FROM A PLACE THATS BEEN DOING THE SAME ASSEMBLY LINE WORK WITH THE SAME SKIDS ITS BEEN BUILDING FOR THE LAST COUPLE DECADES CANT GET IT RIGHT WELL THEN ..... GOOD JOB AND THANK YOU APPRENTICESHIP BOARD..
Productive - Large scale jobs good place to work
B pressure welder (Former Employee) –  AirdireJuly 8, 2015
With over 10 + years experience in the industry, I take great pride in the quality & work I provide and enjoy doing it. I am eager to learn new things and have an open mind. Enjoy helping others and am very punctual. Great self accomplishment when timelines are completed ahead of schedule and under budget. The hardest part of my job is being away from my family for long term but the career is very rewarding in many ways. I am a pipe welder at heart but also enjoy other forms of welding like structural. I am an asset to any company and where my heart on my sleeve.
Pros
close to home - able to communte
Cons
1 day off a week
very nice workers and administration
Assistant pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Alberta .airdrieDecember 22, 2014
was very nice administration .good benefits .funny workers
Painter (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, ABDecember 16, 2014
Have been working there for 6 months now, lots of overtime if you want it. Excellent benefits. Friendly atmosphere.
Great Company with the opportunity to move forward
Apprentice Crane Operator/ Yard personnel (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, ABSeptember 9, 2014
This is a great company to start or continue a career with. It has a mixture of new challenges everyday along with routine work depending on the day or time of year.
benefits
Cons
lack of organization

Propak Systems Ltd. Reviews by Location