PROPAK IS ENERGY PROCESSING
Propak Systems engineers and builds industry-leading hydrocarbon processing facilities for installation around the world. Propak integrates comprehensive engineering services and first-in-class modular fabrication capacity with complete construction services. We engineer and build heavy oil processing facilities for in-situ extraction, natural gas processing facilities and compression facilities.
Propak is seeking a Project Controls Specialist to join the Engineering Department at our Airdrie, AB Office. The Project Controls position will be responsible for overseeing all planning, scheduling, cost budgeting, forecasting and progress for major SAGD projects.
Propak offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including opportunities to earn bonus, 3 weeks' vacation to start, company paid benefits plan and 16 float days per year. If you are a career oriented individual looking for opportunities for advancement this may be the position for you.
- Prepare EPC plans and schedules in a sustaining capital project environment with particular emphasis on critical path leading from Engineering to Procurement to Construction.
- Providing bi-weekly and monthly man-hour and cost reports to client, project manager and engineering leads.
- Tracking and updating project budget, costs, change orders and trends.
- Tracking and updating project progress and performance.
- Preparation and maintenance of manpower loading reports.
- Responding to the needs of the project manager and assuming responsibility for executing the cost control activities required on an individual project basis.
- Monitoring and identifying cost trends throughout the project life cycle.
- Other duties as required.
- A minimum of an undergraduate degree in engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years EPC experience in planning, scheduling, budgeting, forecasting and monitoring of project costs and progress preferably in an EPCM environment.
- Must be familiar with typical industry reporting requirements for both large and small projects.
- Experience with earned value calculation and progress and performance curves.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Thorough knowledge of Primavera P6 and strong MS Project.
CAREERS AT PROPAK
Propak offers competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package, including 3 week's vacation and 16 float days per year.
Please email or fax your resume to Human Resources, stating the position title. Fax: 1.403.912.7399. You may apply for posted positions and discover more about Propak careers at www.propaksystems.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Propak as an employer. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.