PROPAK Systems Ltd. is seeking a full-time Payroll Assistant/Time-Keeper to join our Payroll Department at our Airdrie office. The Payroll Assistant is responsible for the collection, verification, and data entry of labour ticket information.
Propak Systems is an established leader in engineering, fabrication and construction of gas compression and processing facilities for the energy industry. Propak offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including; 3 weeks' vacation to start, company paid benefits, float and sick days.
- Timely and accurate data entry and balancing of hourly shop timecards.
- Maintain records of employee attendance, leave and overtime to calculate pay and benefit entitlements using spreadsheets and Visual Labour Ticket Entry system.
- Compile statistical reports, statements, and summaries related to labour ticket entry.
- Prepare and balance period-end reports.
- Respond to payroll queries concerning hours or banked time from shop employees and shop supervisors and/or foreman.
- Communicate with Supervisors and/or foremen to resolve basic issues on labour hours and appropriate adjustments.
- Sort and distribute pay advice slips.
- Scanning, filing and other administrative functions as required.
- Provide back-up support as required.
- Grade 12 Diploma or equivalent
- Completion of the Payroll Compliance Legislation course and/or working towards completion of the Payroll Compliance Practitioner program is an asset.
- A minimum of six (6) months of directly related administration experience in a payroll environment is preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft programs, with emphasis in Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Six (6) months of timely and accurate data entry experience.
- Respect for confidentiality of payroll records.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
Please send your resume via fax, online or email stating the position title in the subject line to:
Attn: Payroll Supervisor
We thank all applicants for their interest in PROPAK as an employer. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.