PROPAK Systems Ltd. is seeking a full-time Payroll Administrator to join our Payroll Department at our Airdrie office. The payroll administrator is responsible for the daily administration of all construction payroll functions in a timely, efficient and accurate manner with minimal direction.
Propak Systems is an established leader in engineering, fabrication and construction of gas compression and processing facilities for the energy industry. Propak offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including; 3 weeks' vacation to start, company paid benefits, float and sick days.
- Run weekly construction payroll.
- Set-up new employees and enter employee data into payroll system.
- Calculation of final pay and vacation pay obligations for terminated employees.
- Enter changes to employee benefits (additions, deletions, etc.) into payroll system.
- Update employee lists, pay increases, etc. as they occur.
- Set-up earnings and deduction codes.
- Issue Record of Employment forms as required.
- Calculation of Garnishments.
- Receiver General, WCB, Garnishment remittances.
- Bank reconciliation .
- Create Journal Entries.
- Provide back-up support to Payroll Supervisor.
- Canadian Payroll Association Level 2 Certificate.
- A minimum of 3 years of directly related experience in a unionized payroll environment.
- In-house payroll system experience preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft programs, with emphasis in Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Strong time management, interpersonal, communication, analytical skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to work well under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to organize and establish priorities.
- Experience with collective agreements is desirable.
- Respect for confidentiality of payroll records.
Please send your resume by fax, email or online stating the position title in the subject line to:
Attn: Payroll Supervisor
We thank all applicants for their interest in PROPAK as an employer. However, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Indeed - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Propak provides a complete and detailed engineering service to the oil and gas processing industry. This includes civil, mechanical,...