Exciting launch of a new upscale casual restaurant in the heart of Waterloo’s historic ‘Barrel Yards’. This full service restaurant and bar will provide a premium upscale experience in a hip and casual atmosphere. The team will be energetic and fun providing unpretentious and guest- focused service. Our goal is to be a First Choice dining destination for Waterloo residents and visitors to the area.
Front of House Managers
We are looking for individuals that are passionate about Hospitality and great food. Our managers will be motivated to lead by example and achieve an 11 out of 10 Guest experience every time.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a management or supervisory role.
- Minimum of 2 years in a high volume casual upscale environment required
- Hotel Food and Beverage service considered an asset.
- Experience in a new restaurant opening considered an asset.
- Proficient computer skills (point of sale computers, word, excel)
- Understanding of budget, sales, cost of goods and labour control
- Proven success with long term sales growth through local store marketing and presence ‘on the floor’.
- Proven success with people development, promotion from within and promoting a positive restaurant culture.
- Excellent management, communication and leadership skills
- Problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
Successful Candidate will:
- Participate in recruitment, orientation and training of new employees to Proof standard
- Effectively coach, motivate, communicate, recognize, schedule and provide performance feedback to all employees
- Assist in set up of restaurant/office prior to restaurant launch
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and promote a positive restaurant culture in line with Proof’s Mission & Values
- Actively drive sales growth through active role ‘on the floor’ and in the community
- Actively providing progressive training to employees
- Contributes to controlling and reducing cost of goods and labour costs
- (Applicants who do not already have legal permission to work in Canada will not be considered)