Pronghorn Controls Ltd Employee Reviews

Safety conscious
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Camrose, AB4 June 2017
Very safety concerns devious company, puts the safety of employees first above all else, production and efficiency close behind. Work can take you around the province l.
all good on the surface
Apprentice Electrician (Current Employee) –  Wood Buffalo, AB24 August 2015
Pronghorn just looks for numbers, a number of guys to get a job done. they don't care about a culture of "safety" that they talk about every day. I highly recommend going anywhere other than this boys club.
not good
Instrument Tech/Electronics Technician (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB4 August 2015
Will not return. Management is poor and doesn't listen to employees. focused on projects not day to day business. Lost focus on small providers and only wanted large income.
Safety is important
Corporate Reception (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB17 February 2015
Safety is a company culture at Pronghorn, and working in an atmosphere where people were very conscious of hazardous situations in the workplace, made me more competent not only in the workplace, but at home also.

Some safety concerns included: working alone, vehicle competency (doing a walk around prior to driving) right to ergonomics of the workspace.
Pronghorn Review
1st Year Electrician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB3 August 2012
I feel that this company could benefit more by allowing the lower level apprentices get involved with the particular aspects of their trade. With the advancements in the school studies, not having the proper knowledge and experience to attend the classes properly will result in failure upon the apprentice.

I sincerely believe that the wage scale also needs to be advanced to compensate based on experience and not just current apprenticeship level.
Pros
decent shifts, some communication
Cons
lack of responsibilty for management
I am very happy to have moved on to where I am appreciated for my experience and hard work.
Accounts Payable Administrator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 May 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed working for Pronghorn Controls at the beginning. But after certain Management changes in the accounting area, work became very stressful and not a pleasant environment to work in.
Pros
small bonus
Cons
long hours, work load not divided fairly