A Montreal-based company with a stunning office in the heart of downtown has an immediate opening for an Accounting Assistant.
Reporting to the in-house Accountant, you will be responsible for providing accounting support in accordance with company policies and procedures. Maintaining accurate and up-to-date accounts payable and receivable sub-ledgers and monthly account reconciliations are key components of this role.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process vendor and supplier invoices, in a timely manner, verifying accuracy, approvals and account coding.
- Prepare cheques and associated report.
- Prepare and maintain pre-authorize payments monthly or as required.
- Prepare all Accounts Payable sub-ledger journals for posting to General Ledger monthly.
- Reconcile Accounts Payable sub-ledger to General Ledger monthly.
- Enter and reconcile cheques cashed to accounting software monthly.
- Respond to vendor inquiries as required.
- Process all client or miscellaneous payments daily or as required to sub-ledger.
- Maintain and distribute accurate listing of overdue accounts
- Refer overdue accounts to in-house Accountant for adjustments, write- off or collections.
- Prepare accounting adjustment forms where required.
- Respond to client or payer account inquiries as required.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the payroll processes and software and provide backup as required.
- Assist the in-house Accountant with monthly general ledger reconciliations as required.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for approval.
- Assist with annual budget preparation as required.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities. You may be asked to perform other duties as required, within the scope of the accounting department.
- Two-year diploma in accounting
- Two to three years practical accounting experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer accounting software systems (system used internally – Great Plains)
- Experienced in processing accounts payable/receivable, sub-ledger and general ledger entries and reconciliations;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English
This full-time and permanent position offers a convenient schedule of Monday-Friday, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm, vacation period of 2 weeks as of the first year of employment (and automatic increase to three weeks thereafter), full benefits comprised of Dental and full Medical coverage, as well as a pension plan.
Sounds like a perfect new challenge for you? Please submit your resume for an immediate evaluation.
1280 Bernard Ouest, suite 303
Tel: 514.931.8244 x22