Senior Property Accountant – Commercial Real Estate
A Montreal-based, high profile retail estate company with a stunning office in the heart of downtown has an immediate opening for an Accountant.
You will be responsible for providing accounting support in accordance with company policies and procedures. Maintaining accurate and up-to-date accounts payable and receivable sub-ledgers and monthly account reconciliations are key components of this role.
Successful applicants MUST have experience as an accountant within a real estate firm.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, review and analyze property financial statements.
- Process vendor and supplier invoices, in a timely manner, verifying accuracy, approvals and account coding.
- Prepare and maintain pre-authorize payments monthly or as required.
- Prepare and reconcile Accounts Payable sub-ledger journals for posting to General Ledger monthly.
- Process all client or miscellaneous payments daily or as required to sub-ledger.
- Maintain and distribute accurate listing of overdue accounts
- Prepare accounting adjustment forms where required.
- Respond to client or payer account inquiries as required.
- Monthly general ledger reconciliations as required.
- Prepare monthly bank reconciliations for approval.
- Assist with annual budget preparation as required.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the payroll processes and software and provide backup as required.
This job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities. You may be asked to perform other duties as required, within the scope of the accounting department.
- Two to three years practical accounting experience within a Real estate firm
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer accounting software systems
- Experienced in processing accounts payable/receivable, sub-ledger and general ledger entries and reconciliations;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills in English, intermediate French.
This full-time and permanent position offers a highly competitive salary contingent on experience.
Sounds like a perfect new challenge for you? Please submit your resume for an immediate evaluation.
1280 Bernard West, #303
Outremont, Quebec | H2V 1V9